PDA

View Full Version : CAA licence

Tomasz
12th Oct 2007, 10:46
This is a stupid question but here it goes, does my UK CAA license allow me to work in the EU countries? is it inline with JAR

IRISHPILOT
12th Oct 2007, 11:09
Hello Tomasz.

Have a look if you find "In accordance with JAR_FCL..." anywhere on the license, then it is a JAR license.

If not, it allows you to fly anywhere in the world, provided the aircraft is UK registered.

If it is a JAR license, it allows you to fly anywhere in the world provided the aircraft is registered in any JAR country.

JAA is not an EU thing, so there are some countries outside the EU, even outside Europe who have JAR licenses.

Wether you can work in other EU countries also depends on your work permit, seeing that you reside in Canada.

hope that helps, IP

Hour Builder
12th Oct 2007, 16:55
If you have a UK national licence, then you can only fly G reg aircraft.

If you have a licence which says JAR on it, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

It's simply a paperwork exercise to convert to JAR though.

HB

Tomasz
12th Oct 2007, 20:58
I'm doing my conversion now, I did my CPL in the UK and the IR in spain, I'm polish so I want to work in poland. So your telling me is that I need to do the paper work to convert to JAR from UK CAA? Thanks

Hour Builder
13th Oct 2007, 06:54
yep

www.srg.caa.co.uk

application: SRG 1104
fee: £216 (i think)

HB

Mile_Hi
5th Nov 2007, 21:17
Mine says "in accordance with JAR_FCL..." but in the remarks section it has valid for UK registered a/c. Has anyone had a similar issue and been able to remove this restriction?

I want to be able to fly a european a/c but the CAA say I have to repeat all the 14 ATPLS ( I did the old UK ATPLS just before the JAR ATPLS came on line which is why I believe I the remarks) .....I don't want to have to slog through the exams AGAIN:{