PDA

View Full Version : recruitment at LGW or LHR

Re-Route
11th Jan 2001, 22:19
hi does anyone know of any recruitment at either lgw or lhr. im looking to move to either airport now that i have my ticket.

thank you...

------------------

matelot19
12th Jan 2001, 02:54
I might know somewhere :)

What you looking for?? Dispatch or what??

Let me know - Drop me a line - [email protected]

Later

Matelot

Deep Float
13th Jan 2001, 02:20
Look at working for a handling agent. Varied work, meet people from all countries over the world, working with mostly young people and the opportunity to boost your wages with overtime (if you're that kind of masochist). Get to do W&B, Flight Planning, Gate Dispatch and get onto flightdecks every day. Also LHR closed at night so you may not work that many nights.
I know Globeground and Swissport are regularly looking for people, and believe me, a handling agent is the best place to start as you get more varied experience than anywhere else. Larger companies also pay better and give better benefits.
Don't assume a FAA license teaches you everything. But with that and relevant extended experience you can eventually find yourself on a nice tax-free salary in the Gulf!

good luck!

Re-Route
13th Jan 2001, 02:58
thanks for the advice. i think i shouldve gone into a bit more detail though. ive done weight and balance/gate dispatch for 2yrs at egss and also some flight planning. but what id really like to get into some planning/dispatch where the longest flight isnt a mere 2hrs max! i have also cover etops, but i realised that a 1day etops course doesnt quite compare to the real thing.

Deep Float
13th Jan 2001, 23:29
Re-Route,

If Flight Planning is what you want, then follow Matelot's advice. You won't be disappointed.

good luck!