PDA

View Full Version : US Customs Decal's

farmer jo
12th Oct 2007, 05:58
I am wondering if a European Registered Private Jet on Charter requires a US Customs decal or not !!

ATP

Air Driven Generator
12th Oct 2007, 13:50
Any Aircraft operating to the USA with a European Registration will require a DECAL.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/pleasure_boats/user_fee/user_fee_decal.xml#DecalInformation

ADG

farmer jo
12th Oct 2007, 15:28
Thanks ADG
I was already at that Web Site. I have operated privately to States for 20 years but now am going on an AOC and am not sure how much difference there is and what is required . Is the aircrat still considered Private ??
When I mentioned Decal to the Compaany they said they had never heard of it ? I presume we need to fill in all other importation forms etc but don't really know!!

ADG

Air Driven Generator
12th Oct 2007, 17:09
I am certainly not a expert in the field, but we operate both charter (on a AOC) and Private Aircraft and all of the airplanes have a DECAL.

I don't believe you need to import the aircraft into the USA but you must fill in a International Airspace Waiver Request which requires 10 business days to process.

However if you are operating under a AOC then I think it is called Part 129
approval the between the country of the AOC and the DOT which will give you a blanket approval for all the airplanes under the AOC.

I shall email you the Waiver form

Hope it helps

ADG