PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving operators

Aussie
11th Oct 2007, 16:09
Gday all,

Im after skydiving operators in the adelaide region... anyone know who and where?

Cheers

Fantome
11th Oct 2007, 18:03
Do a Google search. You will find a few. It is best to do your own research first before posting here.

Aussie
11th Oct 2007, 22:01
Yeah well said mate... Its late here and i guess i didnt ask the question i intended.

WHat i meant was, anyone know any skydiving operators in the adelaide region that need a jump pilot, or have been known to give newbies a crack at the title?

Cheers

A185F
11th Oct 2007, 22:10
Check out http://www.dropzone.com/ they have a good database of all the DZs around and also a good employment section under classifieds.

Aussie
12th Oct 2007, 08:14
Thanks for the info and link, however of no help...

Its all outside of Aus, and nothing to do with Adelaide!

Cheers

socks and thongs
12th Oct 2007, 08:21
The link is playing up on my comp but I've got some good info from here before. Give it a go on yours!

http://www.apf.asn.au/finddz.aspx

corowacomet
12th Oct 2007, 08:24
Aussie, the real question is why would you be interested in flying in meat bombing ops? Plenty of real jobs out there.....and most don't even require involvement with skydivers!:E
The Comet.
Waiting patiently for mechchick to answer the clarion and defend skydivers everywhere from those awful, awful pilots!

Peter Fanelli
12th Oct 2007, 09:09
Thanks for the info and link, however of no help...

Its all outside of Aus, and nothing to do with Adelaide!

So how many nanoseconds did you spend looking at it?
I found contact details and web sites for several Adelaide
and nearby clubs while perusing that site.

Maybe you're just one of those who likes to have someone else do all the work and just hand you the result you want.

Keg
12th Oct 2007, 11:21
It's been about 15 years since I dropped meat bombs at Lower Light. The other operation at the time was from Murray Bridge if I recall correctly. Both are a bit of a hike out of ADL itself.

Lower light was using two C182s although they did end up with a Turbo Porter after I left.

xxgoldxx
12th Oct 2007, 12:42
Comet....

Has this not been done before.... you are so so anti... !!!

corowacomet
12th Oct 2007, 12:47
you are so so anti... !!!

Damm straight!
Le Comet.

xxgoldxx
12th Oct 2007, 12:49
so is there a real reason .... or did mechchick stand you up ... ??

corowacomet
12th Oct 2007, 13:03
or did mechchick stand you up?

Very funny! :D
I wish! To date a skydiving, aeroplane repairing, chick with a chip on both shoulders......sounds like a great night out!:}
The Comet.

Peter Fanelli
12th Oct 2007, 14:58
Lower light was using two C182s although they did end up with a Turbo Porter after I left.

Was VH-DON still in use there?
It's been 21 years since I flew there.

Aussie
12th Oct 2007, 16:14
Thanks guys...

Im currently in a bit of a funny situation, ive just been accepted into an airline in EU, and Sim isnt till JAN!!! So instead of wasting 3 months time here, im trying to head back home and do any sort of flying while i wait it out there!

PS where are these charter jobs that are going then??

Cheers

corowacomet
13th Oct 2007, 11:07
where are these charter jobs that are going then??

Everywhere!:E Trees no longer contain people wishing to be pilots let alone actual pilots.Try AFAP first, not for representation in an industrial dispute though! Just as a job website.
The Comet.