PDA

View Full Version : Dreamliner Falls Back Six Months

4 engines 4 longhaul
10th Oct 2007, 18:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7038294.stm

Pritty much expected with all the problems of the fastners theyve had and with that tigh testing schedule it was innevitable:ok:

Dani
12th Oct 2007, 08:10
Is it just me or do I notice a considerable quietness about this fact? I'm not worried, not worried at all, but if it would be a certain European product, I would see here at least more than 0 answers, moaning that some countrymen never could design aircrafts and that they were telling it always and that the aircraft is ugly anyway.

On the other hand I also notice the lack of schadenfreude (malicous-joy) from the other side, which is also a good thing, and appreciate that certain countrymen refrain from such actions.

Me as a neutral observer enjoys these facts, hoping that they will stand the next time, when a certain European product will have the same problems again...

Dani

bnt
12th Oct 2007, 08:51
I think everyone vented their spleen adequately when Airbus had their delays, is all. Or, a realization that it can happen to either side, and doesn't say much about the real issues: the planes themselves, and the markets they operate in?

panda-k-bear
12th Oct 2007, 09:02
Yeah, I didn't think this sort of thing happened to Boeing - or so some here would have us believe. :ouch:

Still, isn't the A380 ugly - let's turn it into an Airbus bashing thread as usual, shall we? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The silence from certain quarters is truly deafening

BOAC
12th Oct 2007, 09:18
You can stay right up-to-date at http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3632440

Danny
12th Oct 2007, 09:56
As pointed out in the post above from BOAC, you can debate the A380 or the B787 to your little hearts delight over in the spotters forum via the link provided. Until either a/c is in regular commercial service and there is anything remotely related to day to day pilot operations to discuss, we don't need the breathless comments and rehashing of press releases by wannabe airline owners and manufacturers. :rolleyes:

Please stop posting very old news on here that is already available in other, more appropriate forums! :*