PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways II

TightSlot
10th Oct 2007, 10:21
New thread - this time without the hateful stuff

MCTMAN
11th Oct 2007, 11:14
OK,in the absence of anyone not saying anything positive about QR,how about previous employees who have gone onto far greener pastures?

Best example I can think of is the lovely Brit Emma W who I believe holds a very senior position in a corporate setup in Saudi Arabia.

Hope this is an inspiration to some!

TightSlot
11th Oct 2007, 11:45
There is no requirement to be "positive" - simply a requirement that contributors not express racist or hateful or abusive or libellous views - most other airline threads have managed to get by with this - Qatar seems to be the exception.

Prove me wrong... please!

flightlevelchange
11th Oct 2007, 17:38
Hey MCTMAN

There are many good examples,

Both Jamie's are also doing very well for themselves as well

Thats just another good example, good company QR could of done very well with some great crew who hae come and gone but unfortunately upper management is a bit to be desired.

FLC

aviduser
11th Oct 2007, 21:04
Impossible, surely with this airline.

Word reaches me today of another group, being fired for not being at base before their duty.

A memo has gone out this week, all employees must be in their own accommodation every night regardless of duty, a scan of this memo can be seen if requested.

The airline right now seems hell bent on alienating as many people as possible and making it impossible for crew to lead normal lives or have any sort of life outside of the airline.

At the moment there is an excess of junior staff so they may be just be trying to get the numbers down, but what happens when the airline wants to expand.

It will have such a bad reputation that no one will want to work for them.

Which is kind of a shame, the planes are modern, the routes not too bad and the pay although low is tax free and your flat is free.

Qatar is not heaven on earth by any means and to be honest if you are a single girl aged between 20-30 it really is the last place on earth you would want to live, but its getting better, the City is slowly improving and the infrastructure is falling into place, one day it will be a great little City, hopefully a bit like Dubai but without the infernal traffic.

The problem will be the airline will never be World Class as they just won't attract the type of quality crew needed to keep the airline up to standard.

until Al baker goes there will be no change and I can honestly say that I would not recommend any one joins until he goes, then and only then will the airline be one worth considering.

cavelino rampante
11th Oct 2007, 21:51
good post aviduser
Al Baker is the main thing that is stopping this airline reaching for the stars, once he goes and we get a capable and reasonable ceo this will be I believe a fantastic airline. We have great aircraft, great service, a great network, great people and great potential here. Hope that day comes soon.

Black Stain
12th Oct 2007, 22:54
Dear Cavelino,

The CS I just flew with must be the most senior QR cabin crew. The service she gave to pax on the dead heading flight down was OK. But during the crew brief to come back she knew little?? EVAC, ELT, security codes, restraint training... She was there just to wait on passengers, nothing much more.

Crap training, crap conditions.... crap job!

Being a Cabin Crew member carries a very serious responsibility. If you want to be the best Flight Attendant that you can be please look elsewhere.

cavelino rampante
13th Oct 2007, 09:22
CSD's are the most senior crew in QR not CS's. Go to the airlinequailty.com website, most of our passengers feel the service is better than OK.

Did you give her an impromtu SEP exam on the way back then?

Despite all these safety concerns YOU still operated the flight!

Thought you had left and taken your misery with you.

loc22550
13th Oct 2007, 16:34
Aviduser :..."city slowly improving....".......really...?, ..CHANGING for sure,.....but IMPROVING....not convinced at all...!:bored:

Princess Layover
13th Oct 2007, 19:11
Note to Cavelino R:
A csd is the most senior crew on a 330 or 300 flight.
A cs is the most senior on a 320.
Duh...
Help! Help! The pilots have infiltrated the cabin crew website!
Can I say "Go back to where you came from" - or would that be considered hateful?

cavelino rampante
13th Oct 2007, 19:56
Hi Princess

Just sticking up for you guys.

He/She did say "must be the most senior QR crew".

The most senior QR cabin crew is a CSD.

Black Stain
14th Oct 2007, 09:27
A CSD rostered as a CS is a CS. And with a staff number less than 260, that's getting close to the most senior. Yeah I did give the crew a thorough briefing and I corrected all the deficiencies I found right there on the spot. Someone has to put an emphasis on safety before service.

Isn't it funny that those who cannot leave are always the ones that convince themselves their crappy job is actually quite lovely??? :ugh:

cavelino rampante
14th Oct 2007, 11:31
So lets be clear here because you are not and its a very serious allegation... you picked up all those major deficiencies in her brief to the crew? or you gave her an impromptu SEP exam?

A300Man
14th Oct 2007, 12:40
Hmmmm........and here we go again! Thread thrown miles off course.

Loc22550 mate, I have no idea why someone is suggesting that you purchase a dictionary, as your spelling is faultless in the post above.

Never mind.........we should probably ban threads that contain the letter "Q", as it seems to be nothing more than provocation for a whole load of BS to hit the boards from some correspondents.

(Not aimed at 225500, Cavelino or Black Stain, by the way. Whilst internally having differing opinions, at least your posts do contain factual data, guys!!)

I have a genuine question for QR cabin crew (or anyone who happens to have the answer): given that the Boeing 777-300ER will be arriving soon into the fleet, has cabin service and safety training begun yet? Once it does, will there be dedicated Boeing crew, or will all cabin crew be eventually cross-trained to operate on all fleet types?

Thanks,
A300Man

the letter
19th Oct 2007, 16:46
Still, QR has a five star ranking and has received awards for the Best Cabin Crew in the Middle East for five years...

A300Man
20th Oct 2007, 05:37
Hmmm.

This is quite an interesting "debate". And, even more remarkable, is that both the correspondents have more or less the exact same style of writing, grammar, lack of use of capital letters, certain consumption of abbreviations.........

Could it be.............NO!!!! What am I thinking!!!!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the following Qatar Airways pioneer crew are still around and still flying with the company, or working now in management?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Asitha (CSD from Sri Lanka)
Dilan Crero (ditto)
Kevin Herft (ditto)
Jude Kandappa (ditto)
Orla Keegan (ditto - Irish)
Maysoon Habayeb (Jordanian, I think)

Thank you in advance.

the letter
20th Oct 2007, 11:03
Is it possible to become a CSD within three years at QR?

And... I miss their old uniform. Their new one is awful!

happy at last
21st Oct 2007, 07:27
Asitha (CSD from Sri Lanka) ---CSD
Dilan Crero (ditto)------ CSD
Kevin Herft (ditto)------ CABIN SERVICES INSRUCTOR
Jude Kandappa (ditto)---- PERFORMANCE OFFICER
Orla Keegan (ditto - Irish)----- DUNNO
Maysoon Habayeb (Jordanian, I think)---- CSD

Atleast when i was last there, till feb this year.

MCTMAN
21st Oct 2007, 10:29
Last I heard was that Orla was living in MCT and was a Mum to at least one kiddie........

NewDoha
22nd Oct 2007, 18:14
I heard that 14 cabin crew were terminated yesterday (Sunday) and their were some more today. For not being in accom in time before flights thats nearly 60 to date for the same reason. This man is MENTAL

Princess Layover
23rd Oct 2007, 15:48
So I can hardly fail to notice someone has chopped off most of the posts in this thread.
Crew speaking about their lifestyle in Qatar Airways not to be commented upon apparently?
Ok so you may be saying "it was hateful so it had to go"?
Well THIS IS THE PLACE TO WRITE IT.
Its a RUMOUR NETWORK.
The one added recently about the new rules I am particularly sorry to see go, it is pertinent advice to anyone thinking about coming here, and it assuredly wouldnt be disclosed in any interview process.
This STINKS that it has been deleted.
SHAME SHAME SHAME on you moderators. What are you so scared of???

F.C.C.
23rd Oct 2007, 15:59
Very good question. Why someone would not feel comfortable if an airline cabin crew rules were openly exposed on a forum?

It is a pity that truth canīt be exposed.

Leito
23rd Oct 2007, 16:40
Well, I guess that the original idea of this thread was to write good comments about Qatar Airways but somehow it went of track, I totally agree that the comments should not be deleted and this is an open debate but we must keep in mind the original thread and comment on that, if you guys wanted to write all the nasty things about QR then a new thread should have been created.

Only my opinion as to why some comments are gone, maybe I'm wrong :confused:

Midadi
23rd Oct 2007, 16:47
Hi I created a new therad! And my message to the moderator! Please don`t delete the truth stories as our aim is to help all ppruners across the whole globe who think of joining QR! We are strong, we are young and we will fight for the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

F.C.C.
23rd Oct 2007, 16:50
Well,

I think that instead of opening more and more threads, having all the info in one topic would be easier for both visitors and moderators. I still donīt know if the posts wer deleted because of its content or because this particular topic was only about good things about QR (which by the way, I have read it stands for Quick Resignation).

Truth can not be hid, itīs like ****, it always comes up floating. (Direct translation from Spanish, I do not Know if itīs the correct one)

Cheers from BRS

TightSlot
23rd Oct 2007, 17:37
The other thread has been deleted.

I've tried to explain what is going on in an adult manner. This appears to be more than some of you can deal with so now we'll try the other way.

Posts have been deleted on this thread because:

They directly accused people of being homosexual, in a manner intended to cause maximum offence
They make other serious accusations about the airline without proof or evidence.
They contained foul language or gratuitous insult.
They were posted in a mixture of SMS text speak, or with an absence of punctuation, or in a language that was not immediately understandable by an English speaking audience.

This thread does not require you to be 'positive' about QR (as has been said before if some of you would take the time to actually read and think about previous posts) - personally, I couldn't give a toss whether you are unhappy or not, at QR, or anywhere else. However, PPRuNe requires that you avoid posting in any off the ways mentioned above, and if you don't, your posts will be deleted and your right to post removed.

There is no other thread in this forum at the moment, where the contributors are so consistently unable to behave in a polite and civilized manner. Moderators lives are too busy (we fly too, remember) to cope with a series of immature hissy fits from boring, disgruntled and apparently semi-literate people, who bring our chosen profession into disrepute.

Oh, by the way, Mods don't enjoy being lectured about impartiality, censorship and the real purpose of PPRuNe by anybody, but especially by those whose own contribution to PPRuNe is minimal. If you do not like this website, then go somewhere else: If that decision is to complex for you, then we would be delighted to assist you.

hehehe
25th Oct 2007, 14:08
I found a good thing to say about QR: having an experience there will help you find a job somewhere else, in a better company... Hehe...this is what they do: they train people for other companies.
All the best!:p

Midadi
25th Oct 2007, 17:20
Hi ok, in my opinion I have to say that as a muslim such as from arabic countries it would not be so difficult to work for Qatar Airways! But for poeple from Europe or somewhere else it might be a bit hard because they have to abandon their normal behaviour such as smoking, drinking, party life, girls and boys........The muslims know the rules in muslim countries and know how to behave in different situations, especially in countrys like Qatar, Saudi Arabia or U.A.E That would make life and work in qatar much more easier for them than christians who were parented a completely different way of life!

A300Man
25th Oct 2007, 17:29
One wonders what the average age is of Qatar Airways cabin crew?

I have to say, I stand by my post above - whenever the letter "Q" appears in a thread, the whole thing sinks right into the depths.

Is it a sign of immaturity (arising from a very young and inexperienced workforce, with no real experience of life), OR, is the Company actually REALLY that bad, and hence, driving its people to total despair? (genuine question, so don't start throwing stones and being agressive in any subsequent responses).

Repeated, in case you missed it: Genuine question, so don't start throwing stones and being agressive in any subsequent responses.

Cliff
26th Oct 2007, 08:51
The Letter, I just flew Qatar from LHR to BKK and I personally don't understand why Qatar is rated a 5 star airline and how come they get awards for best cabin crew. Most crew members on my flights were unfriendly and did not seem to enjoy their work. One flight attendant - seated in the middle of the cabin, facing passengers - was sleeping on his crew seat during landing! :eek:

loc22550
26th Oct 2007, 11:16
Cliff..donīt be suprised,..this is something normal in Qatar airways...:uhoh:
Indeed iīm always impressed by the "smiling" face of the cabin crew going to work here....:ugh:"
But honestly what can you expext when you are only able to recruit desperated people from the far east and you treat them like sh...
In this part of the world, slavery still exist.

Cliff
26th Oct 2007, 11:25
Loc22550, that is really sad indeed. I am so happy to work for an airline that has good working conditions :ok:

salamalikum2
26th Oct 2007, 11:34
I noticed the same when i travel with Qatar airways..crew sleeping in their seat during the approach...Not really good for the image of the company...

homesick rae
26th Oct 2007, 11:42
In the days when QR did DOH-DAC-BKK-MNL most of the crew found it difficult keeping awake by the time we reached BKK! I agree, terrible for the image!

Cheers

HR

hehehe
26th Oct 2007, 19:39
I agree that they have very young crew, but they don't even care about making them mature. They just want the image of a very confident crew. Eh, they treat theit pilots the same and they aren't of an average age between 19-25...
All the best!

ITO
26th Oct 2007, 23:21
Hi !

I do not really agree with you about the pilots. They do not have restrcitions that CC are having, and if they got called to the office, it is not because of there hairs or there shirts coming out, or a water not given on time, but for typical technical issues that might have been judged not per company SOP, and here we are talking about aircraft piloting, and maybe about technical aircraft limitation that could lead eventually to incidents/accidents, if not properelly opperated, and I can give you a lot of exemples if you wish me to do so.

Back to the Cabin Crew, HAPPY AT LAST resumed perfectelly the situation. Thus, it is exactelly the reality that the company continue to ignore. Money can make you doing a lot of stupid things as you can see, and that BIG FEAR is just groing among there crews, and it's really a shame to see that it starts directelly from there AB INITIO Cours. I remember when we were all laughing ironically when during a breifing, a crew used to say " here sinc XXX, still enjoying ! " Boy ! What a lier you are :}

Anyway, it's an experiance that somone has to pick, and leave, because I do not think that sombody can stick to QR CC career for a long time.

Kauwahi
27th Oct 2007, 11:17
I worked three and a half years at QR and enjoyed most of the time. Fantastic layovers. Made fantastic friends. Lived in a nice flat in Doha (although Doha was very dull). But yes, it was a very different environment with a their way or the highway policy. No mistakes. Constantly watched by someone. Settling in to a muslim country can also be difficult, let it be if you are from Asia, Europe as me or somewhere else. And yes, many people were unfairly and disgustingly treated (some of my friends included) by the management. When I joined I didn't know what to expect and made the best out of it which worked fine for me.

I didn't know QR employ people who are 19 years old? I would have thought at least 20 according to the law of Qatar?

cavortingcheetah
27th Oct 2007, 11:27
:)

May I please direct your attention to the forum,
Passengers and SLF.
There you will find a thread running on jolly old Qatar and why it is not a five star airline.
:eek:

MCTMAN
27th Oct 2007, 19:20
A300MAN,

Could it be half a dozen of one and six of the other,perhaps?

EYner
30th Oct 2007, 07:22
"qatar airways is the best for me because you have many opportunity to succed and be pride of your job :ok: be easy "

Well you are totaly wrong dude ... no comments.

TightSlot
30th Oct 2007, 21:04
Deleted today a post linking to an article accusing QR of behaving like Nazis in concentration camps, supporting torture, abuse of power, prostitution and promoting homosexuality.

Do any of you understand how immature this sort of thing makes you look? There are clearly issues at QR that need to be resolved: Attempting to do so as adults is likely to prove more effective in the long run

InTheZone
30th Oct 2007, 22:01
I just thought i would share with everyone what i have know about QR

First of all i used to live in Qatar for 7 years ( not working for QR) and when you live somewhere for that long you first of all get used to it life there. There was basically nothing to do aside from going to shopping malls and the occasional beach trip. Although there have been some improvements since i left (2004) eg, a few more shopping malls and bars in hotels popping up, nothing much has changed.Although working as crew there you may make alot of friends, life will most probably be dull if uve come from lets say Europe or Australia. I have to say i did enjoy living there for a while as the pace of life is easy going and if you have family and friends there its ok.

However, i have alot of friends that work and have worked for QR and to be honest, although some of them are happy, or lets say satisfied with their job at QR, alot arnt, and especially with the new " Crew have to be home by 10 PM " rule which is true and NOT a rumour.If your prepared to follow some very strict rules on you lifestyle then QR isnt that bad ( qood salary,nice shared apartments etc) however be aware that with QR you have to be prepared to follow its policy of " our way or the highway"

srna
1st Nov 2007, 20:48
Hello to everyone,

I was wondering is there anyone who can explain about experiences from Qatar Airways Open Day. For the first time they will come in my country and I would like to know how it look likes?

Is it the same like Emirates Open Day?

Thank you in advance for any information.

sunny choi
2nd Nov 2007, 04:04
Maybe you can find out in another Qatar Airways section..
this is a second section...
good luck sunshine :ok:

Fatal_Gulfy
7th Nov 2007, 08:03
Hi all .........................is fayrouz serageldin an egyption girl still working in QR or not

bigbear.t
7th Nov 2007, 13:29
hi guys, its sad the truth is always wiped out as this thread is to be used to warn those who are or wish to join QR...I think you should visit other cites where more accurate details are available that will protect you from the HIT MAN......good luck to all who are there and all who wish to join....remember QR maybe be the fastest growing airline but its like all the over size folks in the US who eat their body into hugh balloons that burst with a prick from the HIT Man....:ugh::=

apaddyinuk
7th Nov 2007, 17:40
I have given up warning people on this website. Clearly there are a lot of people out there who come on to this website who are just desperate because they are not good enough for other quality airlines and refuse to listen to the bad things about QR...There are few good things to write about!!!

Just let them make their own mistakes at this stage and dont waste any more of your time warning people.

My opinion anyways!

flightlevelchange
7th Nov 2007, 21:36
Miladi

Dont shoot the messenger, paddy did infact work for QR, and no not all airline in the gulf are the same, EY and EK are certainly no comparison to QR standards or attitudes

Please remember to be polite on this forum like the mods would like or yet again this thread will be closed, try and remember that not all things in life agree with everyone.

Regards
FLC

petronas
7th Nov 2007, 21:38
Im wondering how the interviews are conducted, I mean are you informed about these rules that, allegedly, they are enforcing??

This new 10 pm rule would then be some kind of bell if its true......

Midadi
8th Nov 2007, 11:37
Hi,

I am very sorry if it sounds like I have attacked someone with my last message! It is in fact that Qr is strict! But you have these problems at any airline too!

Last time it was reported that cabin crew of QR comitted suicide
- this happened also at Emirates before 2 or 3 weeks

Everyone is telling about soooo many crew who are leaving QR, look at Etihad! I have many friends who fly for EY and they are trying their utmost to leave because of poor organization etc.

Every airline market itself so good as it can to employ new cabin crew like showing videos of the most happiest cabin crew, going out with freinds, enjoing the sun and beaches etc........

-Last year a girl from Serbia left Emirates just after 2 or 3 months! Why??ß She felt it is too strict there and she even kissed the earth when arriving into Europe!!! So guys all I wanna clear up is that not only QR is strict! If you do your thing well enough you won`t have any problems at all!

I agree with QR new memo for crew to be home at 10 p.m! This is for security for passengers and for crew to have a clear head and to be fresh, it is a high demanding job and I don`t want to fly with crew who were at parties drinking lots of Wodkas before their last flight or having crew who are sleeping on jump seats if an emergency happens!!!!!!! This is Horror!!!

Best and warm regards!

Kanoknuahaha
8th Nov 2007, 14:32
Milady... how about flying with flight deck that have been partying till reporting time?! would you feel safe? We all know it's also happening and there is nobody restricting them to be at home at 10 pm. It's a free world or so it should be...that memo it's an attack to FREEDOME and anybody who encourge this....i pity their minds and soul...
God save you...or allah...or whatever...

hehehe
9th Nov 2007, 21:37
It's very funny to read all these posts including the ones from the Moderator. Why do you guys choose to lose your time like that? Take watever is to be taken from that company and go away. Everybody is responsable for his own life, so stop being children. You don't like it - it's obvious - then just go away. Finish everything has to be finished and leave the place. Be mature and choose for your own life. Or, if you choose to stay there then stay and be happy with your choice. Why is it suppossed to be such a big deal?!

All the best!

Mflyer
9th Nov 2007, 22:20
I will just compare the working experience with this carrier..
Not gonna bother you all with full songs or something,just one verse..
dont love her,just play her: translation:E
-dont support the crew,just waste them and trow them
And they will keep on recruiting from kindergarden and pre-school:D

Midadi
13th Nov 2007, 11:27
First of all, sorry for defending QR!!! really Sorry babes!!

Guys, as I had work in Prague I just decided to attend the OD of QR in this really lovely nice city! I met lots of nice people and it was a great experience:-)! For those who are aspiring to become cc with QR it is really easy (in my opinion)

Recruiters: Michelle from the Phillippines and Fayrouz from Egypt! Both were nice but Michelle was sooooooo lovely and nice! Fayrouz from Egypt made a really cold impression and I really did not like her!! Well it depends.....

The best thing I have to say, really the best thing I have never seen before at Emirates OD`s where about 100 up to 500 people turn up, only 20 people turned up for QR! There you see what bad reputation it really has for its bad treatment with crew! They showed us a very non interested video only about Qatar which took about 7 minutes but we did not see anything about the crew, the lifestyle, the accomodation, nothing!!!!!! This information was given us oral by Fayrouz! They did not hand over papers like EK does, just telling everything oral! That was really unprofessional! It was really bad! They were talking about salary (bad and too low), allowances, accomodation, uniform, etc. There are lots of deductions so be careful! I really started to wonder wheather I should go or stay! The best thing is that they were all the time telling about ........if you will still be working after the 6 months and than again, and than again, so as if it is a rarity that somebody "survives" this period:-))))))

If you leave before you have to pay and they even told us something about the 10 p.m rule not in relation with crew but with visitors of the crew!! In my opinion they were lying a lot!

Then we were supposed to undergo an easy language skill, 2 silly group discussions and I was happy when I was not invited for the finals as I was tooo activ within the group discussions and I knew that but I did it anyhow as I was not interested in this company!!!

Sorry for defending QR and I really want to encourage all of you to try other airlines than QR! Imagine, Prague is a capital and only 20 people turned around???????!!!!!!! Really nice reputation! Those who are still interested I can tell you the topics of discussions and the languages test!

Regards my friends!

jelena
13th Nov 2007, 16:04
10 p.m ! It is so stuped, the worst thing I ever heard ! Emirates is the best !!!!

Midadi
14th Nov 2007, 17:30
Hi midaid, please excuse me a lot! I am arab too and you shoul really better improve your english skills to be considered for postion as cabin crew!!!!! Sorry but do it otherwise they will not be pursuing your application beaucse of poor English skills! i don`t know what about your oral english but from that what I read it is terrible:=

sorry but this is my tip for ya:rolleyes:

oriental_eng
14th Nov 2007, 17:55
Hi all .. just for who will come to work and live in qatar .. i can help you in anything you need .... for more information send me on :

[email protected]

Zaid ..

Norton29
14th Nov 2007, 18:48
Hi ,Could an f/a working in Doha please tell me what I could expect as a wife with two small kids living in Doha, as far clothing, activities, beaches, sports, shopping etc. Thanks

Pete Adams
14th Nov 2007, 19:16
Hi,
My daughter ex F/A lives in Doha and has been there 3 years now and had baby girl in doha. No problem getting all clothes and prices as anywhere vary on how much you want to pay, lots of good value shops available. I've visited several times to doha. Beware gets very hot from May to October temps in mid to high 50 C. Very dusty at times.My Daughter has settled well and getting on fine, good schools and medical facilaties.My son in law is F/O for Qater Airways A330.

Regards

Pete A.

Norton29
14th Nov 2007, 19:47
Hi, and thanks for your info.

How is she treated when out on her own, clothing etc, driving. And do you know if there are family oriented activities in Doha etc. Alos more importantly accomodation, do you know if the allowance covers an acceptable residence. Thanks again.

hawaiianhosty
15th Nov 2007, 08:47
Norton are you a qatar airways flight attendant or your wife? the allowance for accomodation is for the f/a only, not their family too. Onoy Captains and F/o's get family allowance. The single accommodation is clean, fully furnished and safe. Well, mine was, our building had just been built. As for family things, well, it's hot, easily accessible but not many places for open air sunbathing ie, waters slides, banana boat rides etc. The hotels offer activities like sailing, palm tree island days out etc. Are you moving there? I lived there in 2002

MCTMAN
15th Nov 2007, 10:08
Hi Norton29,

Despite some of the negative comments you may hear about the place,Doha is a great place to bring up a family in.
Crime rates are relatively low and life is more family orientated.If you can,get hold of a magazine called Marhaba-it lists all sorts of activities and social clubs etc...There are lots of things to do here,but you have to know where to look!
With regards to dress,I guess you mean in public right?Best advice is to dress modestly,and you should not have any problems.Hope this is of some use to you and good luck with the move....

Norton29
15th Nov 2007, 13:25
No i am not f/a, but pilot and am thinking about Qatar as they have contacted me. I wanted some perspective from f/a's to see how they fair etc. Is there public beach to swim at? Thx for your help

hawaiianhosty
16th Nov 2007, 08:19
when i went for my interview back in 2001 for f/a i was told that qatar is the safest country in the world. not sure how true that is but it felt it when i lived there. as for sunbathing, i can't recall any beaches but me and my friends would sunbathe, in bikinis at the hotels, the oasis, ramada etc. We could wear skirts and vest tops etc, nobody would throw stones at us for doing so but it's also common sense..if you're gonna wear hotpants and tight tops, then be prepared to be stared at continuously. that would really pee me off sometimes, just walking to the shop to get bread, in 100 degree heat im not gonna wear a jumper, the same cars would drive past, turn around and drive past real slow again..then in the shops i'd be followed round the freezer aisle..they'd never touch but i can't keep my mouth shut either so i'd alwyas have to soemthing to them...

the letter
16th Nov 2007, 21:09
Do they have many cabin crew from Australia, Europe and New Zealand as Emirates and Etihad Airways?

loc22550
17th Nov 2007, 09:21
the letter: the answer is clear: NO!
The nationalities you mentioned i mean for most of them will never be able to tolerate this kindergarden called Qatar airways. They aren't that desperated to join such a company.Live in qatar is probably also another factor.

Midadi
17th Nov 2007, 12:24
You are right! It is mentioned in therw ebsite that they will recruit in UK and in Melbourne, but I think that only less than 50 people will appear as only 20 appeared during my open day with them in Prague:-))))

Emirates is the best and after that Etihad!!!!!

Qatar is too strict and Doha seems to be really boring!!!

oriental_eng
17th Nov 2007, 16:57
Realy the life here it is wonderfull and mainly for qatar airways staff .. here you can do anything you want .. and there many activities you can do .. there is many people they thinking qatar just small country and there is nothing you can do here .. nooooooooo

loc22550
18th Nov 2007, 05:16
Qatar strict...???? Not the correct term for me,..well i wish people here could have a little bit more discipline and respect of rules other than the religion one, but still a long way to go!
They tried before recruiting in europe and australia i think..but they were not very successful i think....:bored:

Kanoknuahaha
18th Nov 2007, 17:03
Yes,indeed...Life in Qatar/Qataria is soooooooo wondeeeeer-filled...with dust all over your face from this constrction site country,amazing night life inside the many clubs/bars...TWO to be exact!!...full of cultural movement inside the thousends museums,theaters, "happy" cinemas.... It's such o bore,my stomach can't take the storys i'd like to write...There's nothing going on there,nothing...all you can do is probably die in peace if you're the suicide type...somebody said that everybody should see the desert before they die...well...go for it...

P.s. Can't complain about the beaches though, found a few deserted ones up north...and when the shamal wind is blowing, it can be quite a thrill.

Regards

Cliff
18th Nov 2007, 18:45
Kanoknuahaha, you make me laugh!

rich-005
19th Nov 2007, 00:54
Hi Guys

I'm currently working as a long haul FA in Australia. I love it here, but am thinking of giving either Eithad or Qatar a try. I've read quite a lot of negative feedback on here re working at these two places.

I guess what i'm really curious about is how much the take home pay each year is (salary) and whether or not you actually get long layovers in the destinations like Europe and USA? Or is it just 24 hours like most other airlines these days. Also, do you actually get to go to Europe or do those trips only go to the most senior crew members?

Any advice or help would be so appreciated!

Thanks Guys

Rich

qatarcrew
19th Nov 2007, 08:35
Rich,

The roster we get each month depends solely on luck. Some crew can get up to 16 days off and standbys a month, with maybe only 2 layovers and many turnaround flights. While some others get 2-3 EU flights each month with a mixture of Asian flights and zero turnarounds.

From what I know, crew and pilots from QR are resigning to join Etihad mainly because of a better pay. Needless to say, Abu Dhabi is more liberal as well. If you love pork and want to be with a company that does not intrude your personal life, Etihad would be a better choice.

If you don't mind doing without pork, staying at home nearly 24/7, and love wearing bright red lipstick and red uniform, scrunchie etc, I welcome you to our Qr family, where everybody is joining and resigning at the same time.

rich-005
19th Nov 2007, 09:09
Thanks for the feedback!!! It doesn't sound as fun as the website makes out hehe. Do you kno what the pay each year is? I suppose it depends on how many overnights. Are the passengers awful?

thanks!

rich

Kauwahi
19th Nov 2007, 12:21
Things have probably changed a lot since I worked there (2000 to 2003) but you cannot bid for flights and schedules are randomly compromised. I flew very little to Europe (not sure whether it had anything to do with me being from Europe) in comparison to Asia (I did a huge amount of flights to CMB, DAC, KTM and TRV) and at many times when I actually had a flight or two to Europe they were changed in the very last minute. It happened every now and then.

There are good and bad months of rostering. As Qatarcrew states, it various. One month you could do many turnarounds with very few, if any, layovers, while other months could offer mostly layovers and not a single turnaround. It's also very common with double sectors (DOH-JED-DOH-DXB-DOH, DOH-AUH-DOH-KWI-DOH pairings).

I would assume most layovers these days are 24 hours. Sometimes shorter. Sometimes longer.

As for the passengers, I doubt very much they differ that much than from those traveling with Emirates, Etihad Airways or Gulf Air.

Kauwahi
19th Nov 2007, 12:26
Also grooming is very important at QR! Do as I did, wear a huge amount of eyeshadow and you will please the grooming officers (also a couple of managers)!

The pay has also changed since my day! The website states around $1500 USD per month which would most likely be for the lowest rank including allowances (all paid into to your bank account).

hawaiianhosty
19th Nov 2007, 20:09
kauwahi, you must have bene there when i was there 2001-2002. The pay for f/a back then was okay i guess, paid in riyals into your qatari bank account..don't forget that you'll have no outgoings out there, ie, no rent, taxes, bills etc so it's great in that respect and the more layovers you do, the more you get paid..i did 9 days in bangkok with an internal turnaround to manila, 5 days munich, 7 days paris, 2 day maldives and those dreaded 4 sector days..

rich-005
19th Nov 2007, 21:39
Thanks for all your info and tips guys! Very much appreicated. I was under the impression that when you flew to Europe or USA or Asia you would get two or three nights layover there as Qatar only has a few flights a week to certain destinations. I guess I am totally wrong about that. What is it like living in Doha? Very strict and hard for a westerner?

Thanks again guys!

Rich

Kauwahi
19th Nov 2007, 21:57
Hawaiianhosty, we must have flown together! There weren't that many cabin crew in those years! We also did a similar shuttle to CGK via KUL. Also a great trip! And some of the layovers in those days were fantastic!

Rich, it really much depends on the frequencies. If it's a daily service I would expect it to be 24 hours. If it's less than daily, for instance four times weekly, something around 48 hours.

Doha was a little bit dull and the locals could be very rude (ignoring them was how to deal with it). Adjusting also took some time but I made fantastic friends which made it a little bit easier. I lived there years ago and I am convinced the city has grown a lot since with a lot more to do! Although they apparently have implented many regulations on their cabin crew and not sure how much, or if, that would affect your personal life.

loc22550
20th Nov 2007, 09:44
Rich...

When Ansett collapsed i think Q.A. recruited 60+ cabin crew from Australia..., 1 year later all of them have already resigned( maybe one or two are still here...)...
-Recently they did a recruitment day in germany....Result:... nobody shows up!
-They went for Ek or EY..not surprising really...
-A few days ago or week ,in just ONE DAY 50+ cabin crews resigned.
-Some of the new joiners are just staying for a few weeks, when they discover the circus here,they just leave.
- The safety knownledge of the new joiner is just ...:mad:

It seems that the Chief is getting slowly but surely worried about the situation in Qatar airways..
Cheers.

hehehe
20th Nov 2007, 21:23
Loc, one of the main concerns must be running short of "models" (just to make sure the Moderator will not cut my ears) for promotions. Just out of curiosity, check the web site and you'll see some faces for a longer period of time. Now (after getting this information) there will probablly be some spot checks in the training and briefing rooms + the A/C's to make a new selection. You can have so much fun only if you hear the conversations (for example): "What's your favourite colour? What's your sign?" and things like these. I just heard that on somebody's phone,she got the conversation recorded ( for somebody's concern:the person is not there anymore so don't chase away the potentials because there will really be no more crew in the company, if you don't want people to know about these kind of things there is only one basic rullllllle: DON'T DO IT!:\) ...

Rich, if you want to see India in its beauty, just go to QR for some time and you'll have enough of it. I would say, don't even think of joining QR!... It's SOOOOO BAD! Go to Etihad, they are recruiting so much now.

Cheers!

Kauwahi
20th Nov 2007, 22:26
loc22550, was it the time when they recruited in Berlin earlier this year? I heard also from another person that there were not too many people at their recruitment day in Edinburgh. Word has begun to spread! And by all means, it is understandable if AAB is beginning to worry about the situation with crewing and recruitment. He needs to crew all those aircraft which he has on order!

hehehe, I don't really understand what you mean by your post? Favourite color? Sign? Yes, they do very much like to recruit in India (as much as Emirates enjoys recruiting in Australia) but your comment was a bit unfair.

qatarcrew
21st Nov 2007, 03:09
Anyway, just a bit of advise to those who are considering on joining QR:

As much as I know, most of the new joiners have fantastic layovers for the 1st 2 months, but they never saw that kind of roster again.

Yes, the company is dominated by certain nationalities who can get really LAZY and show attitude problems.. These are mainly the people who run the company as well. And if you need welfare, staff travel, rostering help, you can jolly well know what to expect (you HAVE to be reaaaaally patient and superficially NICE to get their attention..)..

If you like things to be this way, come, join us. Otherwise, really, don't waste your youth and precious time with this company that binds you for 2-3 years and put up with all these nonsense.

If I, or other QR crew can be writing such things here (or even elsewhere), isn't it true that the stupendous welfare has been very well established?

Always think twice.

vaschandi
21st Nov 2007, 07:42
No comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwKtl8yzoY&mode=related&search=

Mflyer
23rd Nov 2007, 01:03
So my comment here is to all of you people,regardless from nationality,culture,skin colour,whatever...
You should clearly listen to the people here who are dedicating their time to explain,confirm and prove to you people not to do the same mistake that they did some time ago when they joined this military regime.Well guess what,is not suppose to be like that,but heyyyyyyy,we are not the one's who can change s***t here so,reasonable people do one thing-LEAVE
Rules suck,no understanding,hunting you on your first mistake,no rewards for you extended work(don't forget that certain group people fly over 120 block hours a month,where average suppose to be round 90).
And one of the Grand reasons is that they try so hard to limit your personal life,where at certain point you will find yourself thinking that the only time you can do anything normal is on some longer layover(pray you have one).
I hope this reasons and explanations will give you a reason to think one more time if you should or should not join this military...ups ...airline?
If you wanna experience the filling how is to be back stubbed,be my guest,one thing that never runs out of supply here is VOYAGE REPORT.those are the most precious investment of the company's general AAB and it's soldiers in the tower.
I hope this can serve you good....

cherrie
25th Nov 2007, 08:38
i know you all hate your job at QR and i understand why, but it is a good step for those of us who just want to work in the middle east. i have been cabin crew here in Australia for just over 3 years and the thought of a tax free salary seems pretty good for me.

every airline uses and abuses their cabin crew and are always short staffed. you always get screwed by rostering and crewing.

so apart from these similarities can anyone tell me in point form what is it that makes you want to tell people not to come over to QR? EY and EK would be good yes but they do not recruit as many aussies as you would think, i went to both open days. EY in abu dhabi and only 10 people out of 300 got through. EK in australia only 15 people out of 90 got through. it doesnt matter how many people show up, they are still only selecting a few.

so why not work for QR if only to get a step in the middle east and move onward from there?

Midadi
25th Nov 2007, 09:57
Hi Cherrie! You are right! EY and EK take only few applicants during Open days! Usually it is so that 2 males and 9 to 11 females will be taken further to final interview (this is what I have seen as I also did it until final at EK) Well I think if you really want to do this job in the middle east and if you think that you can do a perfect job (this is what QR wants) than you can try Qatar Airways! Of course they are having problems with crew etc but if the see thisnthey will be forced to solve these problems by giving the crw better options! Well I also attended QR Open Day and there were only 20 people who showed up for this Open Day! The recruiters told us that all their rules are only there to save you and to show your parents that you are in good hands (this is what they told) Well, as said before if you think that you can handle this good than try and check the situation!

MMENCLLBAMAN
25th Nov 2007, 11:04
I am a QR Privilege Club Gold FF as my job takes me east of the UK regularly and the QR service out of Manchester is perfect for me.

I have followed this forum for months and I have to say it does not surprise me, the things you describe can be clearly seen on the faces of the CC.

When I first started to fly with QR more than three years ago, things I think were different and the crew did love their jobs. What I see now is a bunch of terrified people, far from home scared of the god that is the CSD. The way that they are spoken to by their superiors is terrible and comands no respect. I have heard crew moan to passengers, and thought at first it to be unprofessional, however now I think it is some sort of cry for help.

I work in the travel industry and we do a lot of business in the middle east - i am well aware of many working practices that go on. However I would have thought it would be obvious in the case of CC that a motivated, happy and not scared crew would be better for business - and more importantly should the worst happen, would you want a crew scared of making a simple mistake in the event of an emergency. I am not saying that they are not well trained in emergency procedures, I am merley suggesting that being afriad of making a decision can make a huge difference in those circumstances.

I have decided that despite the many good (in fact some of the best) benefits that Gold FF provide me with QR - I will carefully consider if I will fly with them again. I will asdvise my colleagues of the same.

I do not want to be a passenger on a slave ship.

Ready for any flack thats going to come my way

cherrie
25th Nov 2007, 11:42
thanks for your opinions people. personally i know how to keep my trap shut head down and work hard.i know this is how you have to be at a place like this. if sucessfull i only plan on being there long enough to get a job at EY or EK. just need to know if QR has a binding contract or not?

Leito
25th Nov 2007, 11:44
This is to Cherrie, you are right saying that EK and EY only take a few people, is not because they dont's need the rest, believe me that they do, however they will only take what they think is the best people on that day, that's why they always encourage you to go back to an other interview as they need thousands of crews.
Don't give up on your dreams and again, "don't believe everything you read", however is worth to know other people's experiences and to thank them for their precious time to actually share it with us :D.

elisa4
25th Nov 2007, 12:32
cherrie,

as expected: QR has a binding contract... if you leave within the first year you have to reimburse certain expenses.

I don t know the exact amount, (ex-) QR crew can advise on this.

Mind you: same at EY (If u quit within 6 months)

there is some sense in it: some airlines have enough trouble with people doing the training and then running off to another airline for more money!

Kanoknuahaha
25th Nov 2007, 14:24
Join Qr if:
1. you want to see/feel what slavery means
2. you want money,you could probably save some
3. you want to travel
4. you did NOT understand the Warnings! that everyone(with few exceptions) are sending
5. you are lonely and have nothing else to do

Don't join if:
1. You are smart !

This is a message for THOSE who can conect with what we're trying to say... there will be always people that will misunderstand the point we're trying to make...or they have no choice and then we don't have the right to judge... Good luck to those of you!
And for those who have a choice, STAY AWAY from that part of the world! I hope they go back to camels!

flightlevelchange
25th Nov 2007, 20:01
Cherie,

You migh also find out that if you Join QR, you might not be able to go for EY / EK, they did have a non poaching policy in force, not sure if its still the same.

MAN330-300
25th Nov 2007, 20:48
I currently work for QR and yes I must admit sometimes it can be difficult however I just keep my head down and work hard and keep out of all the politics, I find this works for me. I have heard many rumours about not being able to move to other ME carriers and I am unsure if it's true or not but I did apply to another major ME airline and I must admit I heard no more after submitting my application.

.goldenboy
25th Nov 2007, 22:09
The rumour is correct , if you currently work for QR , other ME carriers wont accept you for employment. You'll have to resign 1st and allow a period of 2 years to elapse before you can apply to other airlines in the middle east.
I think its a smart act to enforce this from QR otherwise they'll endup crewless.

elisa4
26th Nov 2007, 08:45
yes, I also heard about this ban, but on our EY selection day, there was a guy who works for QR, and he got through all stages to work for EY... :bored:

hawaiianhosty
26th Nov 2007, 13:04
in my opinion, when I worked as Cc back in 2001-2002 for QR there were good days and bad days, stupid rules and sensible rules, mean CSD's and kind CSD's. At the end of the day, it's you as a person who determines whether or not you put up with it or not. I'm british and take no **** off anyone, so if somebody is talking down to me, picking on me, humiliating me in front of pax then I WILL say something. Other nationalites on the other hand don't know what to say back, they keep quiet because in their culture, they're used to 'taking crap' and being spoken to like crap. If it happens and you allow it to happen and fob it off as the norm then yeah, you're not gonna enjoy it and those subconscious cries for help will seep through. If people join QR cos they need a job then it's the wrong place. CC is inside your heart, travelling, meeting new people, living abroad etc. It's the whole experience, not just about making money. It's what you make it so if you're gonna moan and criticise and cry then one bit of advice, why don't you get the f**k out!!!???

qatarcrew
26th Nov 2007, 13:19
It's a 2 years contract and should you resign before the contract ends, you have to pay roughly QR7500. Of course, if you resign after working for a year or so, you'll pay roughly QR3000 (all information given is based on what my friend, who recently resigned, said).

And should you resign before the 2-year contract, you are NOT ALLOWED to join any Middle Eastern Airlines within 12 months after resigning with QR.

I always thought that rules were implemented to help us and as long as I conform to the rules, everything would be fine. However, it's not always true.

Let me quote you some examples:

1) I prepare myself very well for my flight and briefing, everything should go well for the flight, right?

Answer: No. Some CSDs just love to make things difficult for you. They ask you questions that you've never been taught in training. And these questions are what they learnt in their CSD training. And if you are unlucky as it is that he/she is in a foul mood, get ready to be reported if you dare voice your grievances to anyone.

2) You have NEVER gotten any nice rosters since Day 1 and you go to Rostering to ask for some nice destinations. And yes, if you go to a specific nationality who happens to hate you for any reason (maybe for your nationality, or even for your looks, or if they just happen to be in a foul mood), you'll get ALL Indian sectors forever. And it's true because it happened to someone I know. She's resigning.

3) I really hate it when the company's engineers dont do their job! They dont communicate with one another and just this month alone, I had 3 of my flights delayed for a bloody 2-3 hours on ground without getting paid! Hate it when I get scolded by the passengers for a fault that I did not commit. Hate it when I arrive at the hotel late and miss my breakfast buffet. Hate it when I arrive late at my destination and miss out all the time to go out for shopping due to minimum rest. I really hate it..

4) Sorry, but I really hate the way AAB COPIES all the bad things from other companies. A Captain told me, recently, that AAB is going to CANCEL ALL JUMPSEAT REQUESTS for QR crew because Emirates doesn't allow crew to travel on jumpseats. As if staying here with ZERO flights back home all your live isn't enough, the only chance to go back home on a LONG-HAUL flight on an UNCOMFORTABLE JUMPSEAT is even taken away from you... How would you feel? Other airlines are raising their crew salary up by 70%, why doesn't AAB follow suit? Why are we working so hard in fear, putting on a happy facade behind all our fears and insecurity in front of the passengers, telling them how 'happy' we are working for our company, getting worse treatment the longer we stay here? Aren't we supposed to be rewarded from our loyalty to this company?

5) Lastly. You really have to be superficially nice to everybody in this company. To welfare, rostering, staff travel, etc. If you want to survive, if you need to get your stuff done, and if you show any annoyance or displeasure about their INEFFICIENCY and BIASNESS, be prepared to get screwed upside down.

6) If you put on weight, they will warn you even if you were underweight when you joined and am on the healthy-weight scale now. If you don't lose weight, be prepared to get a warning letter.

7) For any mistake, be prepared to either receive a warning letter or a salary deduction. Always check your payslip. They tend to over-deduct.

8) People, please. If you really are bent on joining QR, always get a spare bank account. Because it happened to my friend. Her flatmate took a bank loan and ran away from Doha and the company. God knows where she went, the company froze my friend's bank account simply for the fact that she was the girl's flatmate. Does it even make any sense? It has nothing to do with the flatmates! Imagine being penniless for someone else's crime and the company's stupidity and SELFISHNESS.

If you like everything described here that actually HAPPENED, I welcome you. If you meet with any problems, forget about going to Welfare for help, or crying in front of them. The weaker they know you are, the meaner they'll be to you. For one fact, they love throwing you around different accomodations to 'punish' you.

They forgot that we are CABIN CREW, not some Nazi camp for terrorists or criminals.

salamalikum2
26th Nov 2007, 14:00
Simply true from A to Z....
But i just wondering with the numerous number of resignation we have here amongst the cabin crew, how Qatar airways is gone cope with his big expansion plan....because MR AAB should known that the one who are resigning, they definitly not gone spread the good reputation of Qatar airways,and itīs gone be more and more difficult to find people willing to work for Q.A....(same for cockpit crew actually)
Letīs wait and see....:uhoh:

Leito
26th Nov 2007, 14:52
the whole thing is gone way off track here, let me remind you all of the original thread...

New thread - this time without the hateful stuff

Is there anything good about QR, c'mon, sure it must be :hmm:

cherrie
26th Nov 2007, 22:02
with all due respect to everyone in here, and please dont bite my head off.....

in regard to other ME carriers whilst employed by QR, i have two friends one CM one FA who have just started working for EY whilst still being employed at QR. They had no problems getting the job at EY and the recruiter actually said it was good to have the experience from another ME carrier.

so i thinkit comes down to right timing, right place.

thanks to you all for the information. Every employer has good and bad things going on all the time.The aviation industry is like that wherever you go. It has given me ALOT to think about.

Cheers :ok:

MAN330-300
26th Nov 2007, 22:14
I did hear a rumour recently about applying to EY so maybe it's true. The best advice I can give is give it a go if it's what you want, the worst outcome is if your unsucessful and then at least you know you have tried your best. Going back to the earlier post on staff jumpseating I actually heard this from an EK staff member a few weeks back and did wonder if this rule would be introduced.

Cliff
27th Nov 2007, 07:09
Something positive about Qatar Airways? Well, the video screens in economy class are big ;)

loc22550
27th Nov 2007, 07:38
..and the silver cutleries for the business class!:)

InTheZone
27th Nov 2007, 13:01
I have quite a few close friends working as CC with QR.One of the main problems with QR (among many) is the lack of consistency. Al Baker can change SOPs and regulations from one second to the next and he has millions of times. First of all when he sent the internal memo about the 10 pm curfew of staff being back in their accomodation regardles of wheter they were flying the next day or not (even if the were on leave they had to be back at 10 pm). Now due to so many people resigning after this memo was published he has gone ahead and changed it to you have to be home 12 hours minimum before your next flight ( any minute later and your reported) and you are not allowed outside of your company provided acommodation during your standby slot. I know from my South African CC friends that they never ( or very very seldom) get flights to SA because there has been a few cases of Crew doing a runner on a layover because they are so depressed and also in order to avoid having to pay the 7 500 Riyal bond.I know about 10 QR CC and out of the 10, 5 have resigned and 3 are not gonna renew their contract.

Cliff
27th Nov 2007, 13:05
Another positive thing about Qatar Airways? They don't wear boring dark blue uniforms! :rolleyes:

Kauwahi
27th Nov 2007, 16:11
Nothing new with national crew not getting, or rarely getting, flights to their home countries! I rarely flew to Europe. This has also been a great issue with QR about their crew jumping ship. It does save you a lot of hassle rather than resigning in DOH and going through what could be a painful procedure. I never experienced any trouble myself except the comment from a certain manager: "Not to worry. We were looking into getting rid of certain cabin crew members."

Not sure whether the poaching rule still excists! If it's gone, that's fantastic but I would advise all people to try EK and EY first because it will save you a lot of trouble. Working with QR could put you off flying but it will probably also be a great relief moving onto EK or EY and experience a more relaxed enviroment.

Something many of my batch mates and myself noticed: QR literally becomes your life!

qatarcrew
28th Nov 2007, 03:22
Ok guys, the new accomodation here are really huge and nice okay. The kitchen even has a washing machine dryer and a dish washer. At times during training, we used to gather at each other's apartment to cook, slack around and even have mini parties.

loc22550
28th Nov 2007, 08:04
InTheZone:..may be wrong, but the creation of the curfew, and installation of cameras at the cc accomodation may be the result of a rape of one cabin crew(still in the hospital), by one Qatari guys and his friends..(hi- ranking:mad:)...But Shuuuuuut in this part of the world all the bad think have to be kept very quiet in order to save and preserve the image of the country....:ugh:

Kanoknuahaha
28th Nov 2007, 15:51
...and soooon everybody in the Golden Tower will be watching you on tv - via the hichtech surveilence system - while you're enjoying your mini-funny-parties and maybe closely examining what exactly you're cooking in the confort of your roomy,shining kitchen(with all the modern accesories). Also making sure that nobody gets raped,ok!!!

Come on.....

midoy10
28th Nov 2007, 16:05
:pqatar it is a small country but a big culture and go for the high level of life like uae and usa :cool: enjoy it ...

InTheZone
28th Nov 2007, 19:44
Loc22550

As far as i know the whole curfew and surveillence extraveganza is due to the rumor that QR crew are having too much "fun" in and around Doha and some crew have supposedly been providing other forms of
"5 star" services on the side in exchange for money (if you catch my drift ;-). This allegation has no basis in reality, even if it is the case that a few individuals are doing that you cannot collectivley punish your entire workforce based on the actions of a few.The whole grasp of control on crews lives from the moment they are debriefed till the report for their next flight has got nothing to do with Al Bakers "concern" for the safety of his crew.I know from my QR CC friends that Al Baker is known to have personally fired people on numerous occasions for the slightest of mistakes such as a CC who was fired because the little oryx on her hat fell off and she bent down to pick it up and unlucky for her Al Baker saw it and fired her demming her "careless" in his words. He is known to send people home on his inaugural flights if he doesnt like your apperance. A friend of mine flew the Inagural flight to IAD (Washington DC) and she told me Al Baker actually told two girls crewing the flight to go home as he inspected the crew that day and called on rostering to get him 2 new "pretty girls". These are not rumours, they have actually happened and DO happen at QR. Even though i understand that alot of people have no choice but to keep on working for QR and for some their job at QR is much better than what they can get at home in order to support their families, I personally,would NEVER degrade myself and put myself in a job where i would be treated like numbered cattle.

loc22550
29th Nov 2007, 13:55
Well the fact that some cabin crew are making "overtime""by providing extra personnal 5 stars service.... is not new, and is just another evidence of the kind of desperated girl Q.A. is only able to recruit.

Kauwahi
29th Nov 2007, 14:19
I highly doubt QR bans their crew from going out entirely because of some crew members providing another form of service. By all means it is a reasonable excuse which would make sense in some people's ears, but the main reason is probably to keep crew from having too much fun as in partying and not coming home until late.

And, for AAB personally sacking crew on inauguration flights. It doesn't only happen there! He personally sacks crew in DOH, or wherever else he would be. Place doesn't really matter! I did a couple of inauguration flights and I remember after one a small meeting which included the entire crew and him! Not the nicest words came out of his mouth!

I still strongly feel for all of those who have no other choice but to be there! Life is not always fair!

InTheZone
29th Nov 2007, 17:47
Dont mean to sound rude or anything but what do you think? If you work for Emirates can you live in Doha?

Cliff
29th Nov 2007, 20:31
Well, at KLM we have flight attendants living all over the world: London, Nice, Oslo, New York, Toronto and Aruba. I am sure this is not allowed when working at Qatar Airways! :ouch:

InTheZone
30th Nov 2007, 16:21
Cliff,

Might be the case with many airlines around the world,including KLM,however thats not the case with middle east carriers.You have to be based and live in hub of the airline.

Midadi
30th Nov 2007, 16:23
Hi

I like the new 777-300ER of Qatar Airways and the new paintkit of its fleet!!!! Very nice done! What I also like about Qatar is the construction of the new luxury resort called "The Pearl" I think that Qatar is really progressing and the other good thing is also the New Doha International Airport which is sheduled to open its services in mid 2009! Qatar Airways, we see you are giving your best but nothing for your crew which works to hard to remain the service standards! Recently I checked the website of skytrax and Qatar Airways was really good rated in accordance to Emirates and Etihad who were rated not as nice as Qatar was:)

EYner
30th Nov 2007, 17:32
hello to everybody !

I used to work for the 5 star airlines, which is not true, and what i advice to the new people who are interested in working with the company, is to step back from the AAB mafia. there is no human rights and they will never exist with qr. u can have a laugh one day and regret joining qr the next day while u r packing back to home because of a small and silly mistake. i know that many joiners are childish and unware of the right meaning of responsibility; BUT that's what qr wants, it's not their fault. they want people to get scared and unsecured because it's easy to get rid of. i am happy now.

KARMA exists and AAB and his mafia will get it ... and very bad ... there are many actually so GOd is watching !

Cliff
30th Nov 2007, 19:37
Yes InTheZone, you are so right and I know that. Too bad it is so different in the Middle East.

Kauwahi
30th Nov 2007, 19:58
They are a five star airline from the view of its customers but surely not from its employees (although there are probably a couple of exceptions)!

A bit of advice to those who do decide to go there: Keep a very low profile. Keep your nose clean. This is what I did which made me stay there for three and a half years. Several inauguration flights. Quick promotions.

The only positive bits about QR are the destinations you get to travel to and the friends you make!

Cliff
30th Nov 2007, 20:05
Well, again.... economy class on Qatar Airways is worth 2 stars!

bigbear.t
3rd Dec 2007, 13:43
ALL OUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE THE GANGTER...with D.W...AAB operates on the same principle....he is a streetman get his back details...then join...all the best:ugh::yuk:

TightSlot
3rd Dec 2007, 14:18
Yet another QR post that combines a semi-literate, semi-coherent and indeed semi-intelligent post with a personal attack on somebody else.

QR clearly has a few problems - however, based on what we see on PPRuNe, the management style in place may be entirely appropriate for some of the staff that they have - you deserve each other.

Anyway, enough on that for now. We're bored with QR crew infant behaviour, so we're all going to take a short holiday - let's say until the new year: You can re-start a QR thread in here after J108 (unless you've found somewhere else to play by then).

I thank you.