PDA

View Full Version : Little Johnnie gets technical

The PM
10th Oct 2007, 09:08
PRIME Minister John Howard was grounded in Melbourne today after his air force plane developed a mechanical problem.
Mr Howard was due in Grafton in northern NSW today to announce a major upgrade of the Pacific Highway at lunchtime.
"My plane's been delayed. It blew a gasket or something or other," Mr Howard said on Southern Cross radio.
"It's a Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) plane but they sometimes have faults. It never bothers me, the RAAF run a very good show and their planes are very reliable. But I'd rather, if it's blown a gasket, I'd rather fly on another plane until the blown gasket is fixed."
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22561856-2,00.html
For once, the fan belts and thronomister apparantly remained intact!

ScottyDoo
10th Oct 2007, 09:22
plane's been delayed......It's a RAAF plane........their planes are very reliable. .....rather fly on another plane

Send Rubber Johnny on an airfield run; a "plane" is a carpenter's tool or a type of hamburger.... :rolleyes:

ABX
10th Oct 2007, 09:50
Erm... SD, I believe it is a 'plain' hamburger.:}

Agony
10th Oct 2007, 09:58
SD,

I must have been to the same school at the same time as you. The 17 sight board is the place for him...........:}

Lasiorhinus
10th Oct 2007, 10:34
I had the misfortune to be halfway through swallowing a mouthful of coffee when I heard that particular soundbite on the radio.

My breathing eventually returned to normal, and none of my coworkers suffered coffee stains.

IAW
10th Oct 2007, 12:19
The funny thing is you pilots don't realise how many gaskets there are in an airliner.

For all you (or Johnnie) knows, there really could be a blown gasket. :D

VBA Engineer
10th Oct 2007, 12:39
A vacationing penguin is driving through Arizona when he notices that the oil-pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town.

He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of vanilla ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands, he makes a real mess trying to eat with his little flippers.

After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem.

The mechanic looks up and says, "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No, no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

ABX
10th Oct 2007, 12:46
Hehehe VBA Engineer,

That reminds me, what do Johnnie's aircraft and a walrus have in common?

They both like a tight seal.:E

Blown Seal
10th Oct 2007, 13:00
damn lying penguins!:p

SM4 Pirate
10th Oct 2007, 21:47
Well maybe he just couldn't pronounce "thronomister" :hmm:

lowerlobe
10th Oct 2007, 22:16
....'plane hamburger'......good one Scotty :8

ozbiggles
11th Oct 2007, 10:12
This will go down as one of all time best great posts......:ugh:

Pinky the pilot
11th Oct 2007, 10:18
This will go down as one of all time best great posts......

I dunno ozbiggles; Unless there's a bit more serious comment forthcoming I think this thread will have a very short life!:eek:

ozbiggles
11th Oct 2007, 10:21
Thats what I mean PTP. I came here looking for some intelligent life form....there's none (including me!) on this thread....

gassed budgie
11th Oct 2007, 13:25
"Little Kevin" is 2.5 inches shorter in height than "Little Johnie"

..............so's the silver haired bodgy (Hawke).

Going Boeing
11th Oct 2007, 22:38
It was the bodgie who gave the "little Johnnie" nickname to Howard which is very good coming from someone who is shorter. Hawke is a very balanced person, he has a chip on both shoulders.

mmciau
12th Oct 2007, 00:28
Nah!! A railway sleeper!!! Hawke was over here in Adelaide (11 October) opening a building named after him He had Gough in tow too!
Mike:)

Skystar320
12th Oct 2007, 03:36
Why doestn he catch the next REX flight

Oh wait

ITS BEEN CANCELED :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: