PDA

View Full Version : How does the NJE business work ?

buzzc152
10th Oct 2007, 07:16
Quick question, are all Netjets customers fractional owners/jet time card holders or does the company also take ad hoc customers for the odd flight here and there, i.e can someone call up and use them as a taxi service for a one off flight without buying a share or time card ?

If so, do these sort of customers represent a large share of the Netjets activity ?

Ta

Buzz

captain coldfront
10th Oct 2007, 07:51
To answer your question Buzz152.

All customers are owners or card holders. I don't fully understand how card holders can fly in a fractional scheme but it appears to be working.

jamesarmstrong
10th Oct 2007, 08:36
As far as I am aware, you can use their aircraft on a one off basis - despite NJ saying they dont do ad-hoc charter - you simply call Lufthansa private jet and you can get a fixed price quotation for anywhere in Europe and book it with Luft on a NJ aircraft.

Couldnt say how much of the NJE business this accounts for but Luft have bought multiple shares in order to re-sell them to ad-hoc charter customers. And no, you dont have to be connecting with a Luft flight, anyone can charter their aircraft at any time.

I do wonder what the current fractional owners think about sharing their aircraft with not only card holders but also any old joe bloggs who fancies a trip....

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of the above points.

Treetopflyer
11th Oct 2007, 22:37
Indeed Lufthansa has bought several shares on NJE aircraft (close to a dozen if I am not mistaken). On a smaller scale, there are also several brokers who buy Marquis Jet Cards and resell the hours to third parties.

Part of NJE's fleet is 'core fleet', that is it belongs to NJE and not to owners. These extra airplanes account for extra flying in peak periods and flying card owners around, among other things. NJE is a full JAR-OPS operator, thence they are perfectly legal to fly ad-hoc or charter if they like.

jamesarmstrong
12th Oct 2007, 08:37
who are the 'several brokers' that resell the nj hours? i know skytime have been doing it for some years but hadnt heard of anyone esle??

Treetopflyer
12th Oct 2007, 12:01
I know at least of one guy who buys cards, and resells the hours to hotel customers on the Riviera via the concierges there (I'm talking palaces, not regular four stars).

I doubt he is the only one to have had that idea.