PDA

View Full Version : National Flight Centre..best training in my openion

whingeofpilots
9th Oct 2007, 23:37
Just reading through so much here about flying schools in Ireland and how they are a rip of, but having done all my training with NFC and got a job i genuinely cannot understand how someone would pay E80,000 to PTC for the same qualification compared to the 50,000 ( + mcc course with PARC) that NFC charge?:confused: So could anyone actually answer just that part? Ive been down to ptc for that assessment and they charged me something like E300,but didn't tell me that until it was all finished..so that put the nail on the coffin with them!
With NFC there is alot of perseverance I would admit but at the end of the day you turn out to be a much better pilot hence all the training captains in ryanair and Iaa examiners as past Instructors.I think the proof is in the pudding and genuine wannabe pilots eventually filter through all the marketing crap that PTC do and find a real flight school like NFC but unfortunately they loose alot of money in the mean time...just a though:hmm:

EIDW RJ85
10th Oct 2007, 16:12
Why choose PTC over NFC? Well where would one start. New planes, Good instructors, Nice premises, Excellant treatment of students which is the main thing?

I have experiance of NFC Managment just being plain rude to students who enquire about training with them. They dont seem to have any business sense. I have had only small dealings with them and i can honestly say I will never set foot in that Portacabin again, and im not the only person to have that experiance.

But in fairness thay are cheaper than waterford who in my opinion is overpriced, but i guess you get what you pay for?? (Im not in either school by the way).

Im glad to see that all your training worked out with them .. But i know several others who would not hold the same opinion as yourself.

corsair
12th Oct 2007, 16:54
If you spend any time hanging out there. You will find a regular flow of ex instructors and students who now work for airlines, dropping in to say hello. They must have had a good experience with them. One of their ex instructors is now a high up examiner in the IAA.

I've had a good experiences with them. Most of the people, I meet there have no complaints. They keep very busy and nearly every time I'm out there, I see people passing flight tests. It's not as structured as some but it works. Never came across any rudeness unless you count straight talking as rudeness. They aren't much into handholding, you need to drive progress forward. But pilots are supposed to be strong personalities. You get out what you put in. Any problems, I had I sat down and thrashed out.

It's not perfect by any means but with the move soon to the new terminal things can only get better.