PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Hour Building in Oz or U.S.A...?

tropaco
9th Oct 2007, 16:11
Hi
:ugh:
I know its a topic that had been beaten to death but can anybody give me any suggestions for the best place to do some hour building in the US or Australia on either a multi or single engine a/c..?
I'm really in search of recent and up to date suggestions as I'm looking to do this in the next month or two as I want to avoid the miserable weather in January.
Thanks in advance.

no sponsor
9th Oct 2007, 21:08
I did hour building in both the US and Oz. I far preferred Oz, where I did around 70 hrs flying out of Bankstown in Sydney. In the US I flew out of Long Beach in California. I used Schofields Flying Club in Oz, flying Piper Arrows.

In Oz, the process of getting a Special Pilots Licence to fly on your UK licence is protracted and lengthy, and you need to start thinking about it long before you go. Search the Oz CASA web site for forms and info.

NavPilot
12th Oct 2007, 16:57
The US seems hell bent on fingerprinting, ident verifications and what do we have :ugh:
Have heard from these forums itself that OZ, lots of pilots already waiting for they're permit's licenses...in Q:rolleyes:...give 3-4 months just for the 'process'
Why not give a thought to South Africa..? Some good flying to be done...december months...gotta watch the hot-high in gauteng....and the coast is usually windy. Diverse experience.
Canada isn't too bad a place either for hour building...the winter's are severe though.:eek: