PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Distance learning Q

Andy_20
9th Oct 2007, 15:24
If you started ATPL theory distance learning, what is the time frame in which it would have to be completed?

all119
9th Oct 2007, 15:47
Form what I know you have 18 months form the first time your attempt your first jaa exam and u have to have the minimum hours of class room study before you can attempt any exam.
But I would say if you are taking it part time it will take you about a year + or - depending on the ability and hours of study.

paco
10th Oct 2007, 00:21
As mentioned, the clock starts ticking from the end of the month in which you take your first exam (but you can take as long as you want to prepare for it).
The accepted rate of study is fifteen hours per week, so for the ATPL(H), it will be 11 months, or if you can manage Mon-Fri, 9-5, somewhere between 5-6 months. As the fixed wing has more material, you can stretch that a bit.
Phil

Finals19
10th Oct 2007, 08:24
Just a bit of advice about full time distance learning...

I know that this has been discussed before, but you have to be VERY motivated to work a 9-5 schedule of study if you are sat at home on your own. Depending on your subject, to think that you can sit there and do (e.g.) 6-7 good hours / day is unrealistic for many people. Your brain will just not absorb all of the info that well (esp. the more complex stuff)

I question anyone that says it can be done full time D/L in 6 (ish) months. Sure there are a few very motivated people out there who could do this, but on average I would leave yourself 7-9 months min. Maybe I am just a slow learner or a perfectionist. If you want to do it in 6 months, go full time residential / classroom where you have fellow students all around you to motivate you, to help you out or bounce something off the wall with you when you get stuck, and instructors who are physically present in front of you holding your attention.

Good luck..:ok: