PDA

View Full Version : Life as a pilot in Arusha

flyhardmo
9th Oct 2007, 14:26
Its about time we posted this on prune especially since alot of people have left.
Here is a short on the flying in Arusha. Its not all fun and games but with a good crowd you can always have a great time.
Enjoy :ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63IryQi7fA

petesevenseven
9th Oct 2007, 15:07
Jumbo Mo,

Yep it was all good fun brings back fond memories!!!!

Happy Landings!!!!

Pete:ok:

juliettepapa
9th Oct 2007, 15:07
this video is great.
I remember most of the people when i was there:p.My regards to everyone.:ok:

JP

flyhardmo
9th Oct 2007, 23:41
Hey pete and JP.
I see that you guys still browse the african forum even after you'd left the continent ;)
I dont thik we'll ever forget the characters we met and the fun we had both in the air and at the camp

PEPSIKING
10th Oct 2007, 06:59
Heya Guys,

What is the requirment to go and work in Arusha and what companies are there and what do they fly(would they take a pilot with 230 hours)

Regards,

PEPSI

helldog
10th Oct 2007, 10:59
Ahh Mo, good times buddy good times. I bloody miss it so much. Mind you life at FL450 aint bad either. Nah it still doesnt beat 230 knots down the Grumeti River at a 6ft :cool: Take care buddy.

flyhardmo
10th Oct 2007, 11:46
6' is a but high for your standards helldog. Were you avoiding a hippo standing on shallow ground.Good hear your its going well for you in those biz jets.

Pepsi 230hrs is a bit low for arusha unless you get an F/O slot with regional or safari express. You might be able to find work in Dar or Mwanza. There are definately jobs in Tanzania. good luck

kingpost
10th Oct 2007, 15:12
One day when you're flying big jets around you'll weep when you reflect back to these times. Enjoy them while you can. Excellent video

406pilot
10th Oct 2007, 16:37
nice video mo,
kingpost is right, everytime im inbound from joburg decending into dar i look down at the selous and wonder wht my bush pilot friends wound be upto? personally i made more friends when i flew charter then the airlines,so why did i leave? beats me, the money is not gud and the adrenalin is non-existent and the chicks are not interesting anymore,would love to go back and just do one more flypast on the sand river banks of the selous....ah well i still tune in to 118.20 from time to time and listen out for friends..
keep em up there fellows,
no more 406pilot

ps:sorry guys but when when i did my flypast i never did look at the altimeter,so i really dont know how low is low for some guys,i think when u see naushad doing it he is looking outside like its supposed to be done..

flyhardmo
11th Oct 2007, 14:55
One day when you're flying big jets around you'll weep when you reflect back to these times. Enjoy them while you can.

Thats right. At least we can say that we have enjoyed some bush flying. Cadets
are really missing out on a great time.

406 how are things mate. You know you can always walk back into GA but look what happened to Bob last week when he stepped out of his Fokker into that little f*çker of a Seneca.

406pilot
11th Oct 2007, 17:13
hey mo, howzit going with u.

im ok still farting around in that sturdy little right seat, heard about that seneca, never really thought it was a bush plane, i loved flying the c-310 down the rufiji river...tht plane never let me down not once did i regret flying it....rip 5h-TZA

keep em up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

helldog
15th Oct 2007, 12:29
Hey Mo when are you making the next video? Looking forward to it buddy. Man I would love to go back and do it again chief. Ok mate I am off to the gym now because I am fat. Mind you 406 I am not up to your standards yet:p

B737 lover
15th Oct 2007, 18:08
Nice video Mo. Tell me are you a Pilot or a Video Producer? Welldone Man Cheers:D

petesevenseven
16th Oct 2007, 22:16
Helldog I think we need to go back down and have a few Killi's at the Masai Camp with the boys for the next Movie Film on Bush Flight in Tanzania;)!!!!! I bet that would make you loose a few pounds.

Happy Landings to all in TZ!!!!

Pete:ok:

flyhardmo
17th Oct 2007, 08:05
Hey Mo when are you making the next video?
The next movie on bush flight will be an educational feature on a different sort of bush. :}
A smooth Approach to touch down hopefully on a prepared strip using fullflap with a high possibility of an overshoot. :oh:
Undershooting will put you in the sh!t.

I.R.PIRATE
17th Oct 2007, 09:39
Although undershooting has been known to keep the bush-baby population down.:E:E

lowbypass
17th Oct 2007, 10:21
hey mo!...did not know u could be a producer!!!...:}

i didnt see 5H-AZT buddy

those LOW LEVELS!!!, if only could be done in a 737...:cool:

storlax
17th Oct 2007, 12:41
Hi guys

Nice and funny video. It seems that you have fun down there in Africa.
Do you have any job for a guy with 500 h SE and 103 ME hours. You may please send me email and inform me about any companies that are hiring pilots down there.

With regards,
storlax:D

406pilot
19th Oct 2007, 15:28
ah whts is this now? this video was posted to remind everyone wht a great pleasure it is to fly in the african bush, so please guys dont spoil it by askin for job info's and stuff of that nature, not being rude but think u should use the pm for tht info...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

ps:helldog those garlic naans are still as yummy as u left them, i started gym and gained a few kgs instead of losing cause they have a pizzeria right next to the gym..dont fight the craving man

lowbypass
19th Oct 2007, 16:27
after seeing a twin otter flying that low, and that fast...:}...was that 120 kts? ;).....and k...n relaxing in a 208 on ground arusha, and l..u enroute to manyara....ones gotta feel like joining the team...give it a try buddy, arusha could give you an opportunity...wewe mtoto wa zuru chari vipi:E

flyhardmo
23rd Oct 2007, 02:43
after seeing a twin otter flying that low, and that fast......was that 120 kts?

120KTS. Are you mad. We get serious shockwaves at that speed :}

lowbypass
24th Oct 2007, 04:17
cool mo, i never knew of the video i just bumped into it