PDA

View Full Version : Ops/Dispatch training courses

G-UNYT
8th Oct 2007, 21:50
I'm looking to gain a qualification in Flight Ops / Dispatch to help improve job prospects but not sure which one to go for. Can anyone tell me if the dispatch courses by the Jeppesen Academy are any good, or suggest any alternatives which would be beneficial to have on the CV?

JRC
15th Oct 2007, 11:27
I can recommend the Jeppesen course, and maybe moneywise you may be better of doing the course in dubai., since jeppesen has lots of classes going on in dubai at the emirates aviation college.

sharantyr20
21st Oct 2007, 11:15
I been working as a office administrator in a new born airline ... and Im really interested to become a flight dispatcher... i saw one website they are conducting Basic Flight Dispatching located in Thailand... does any body have an idea on this training school.... please advise...

sharantyr20
21st Oct 2007, 11:21
I agree with you on that, but it was quite tough and expensive training, i have some colleagues who took training on that place, but it was very good and usefull training...

cessnalee
31st Oct 2007, 12:20
HI to all,

I need some advice,I have a passion for aviation as I am sure you all do. I took a one yr break from my career as an air traffic control assistant to come and work in the UK(I arrived 3wks ago) with the intentions to do work that will allow me to save as much as I can in one yr to allow me the opportunity to possibly study an aviation degree in NZ next yr. Even though I am on a 2yr working visa I only want to stay for a yr and have calculated that I might be blessed enough to save for one yr university fees and that is what worries me-what about the 2yrs after that to complete my aviation degree.
After doing research I have a better understanding of what a flight dispatcher does and from the looks of things Sheffields(in the states)is the best place to train. If I do care work I should be able to afford the 6wk course,living costs and air fares.
My question is after getting the license and being on a south african passport what are the chances of obtaining work in USA and around the world. I figure being a flight dispatcher will keep me in the aviation industry as well as allow me to study my aviation degree part time.

ANY WISE WORDS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

globaljeter
1st Nov 2007, 07:40
Hi,
we (Globla Jet Concept) are looking for dispatchers, and a trainning course is not a mandatory thing for us as we have our own training program. Contact me via PM for further information.

Grasscarp
1st Nov 2007, 13:46
You dont really need any formal qualifications to get into this work - just good contacts. What you learn on the job gives you the experience required, and although people put the courses they have on their cv, a prospective employer will be more impressed by where you have worked and for how long.

cressidom
2nd Nov 2007, 05:18
Globaljeter...

please check your Pm's

tks/dom

ops001
2nd Nov 2007, 13:23
Hello

I sent a pm toyou did you recieve it ok?

tnks

graham