PDA

View Full Version : AOC Process

s084453
29th Mar 2001, 16:20
Though not a Tech guy, I read with interest the references on PRUNE from time to time on airline's acquiring their AOC e.g. Euroceltic recently. I assume an airline is required initially to have in key areas in place to make this all happen. For a say a small regional airline, what are those staff and what responsibilities do they normally have?

no sig
30th Mar 2001, 00:57
S084453...
Start with a copy of JAROPS1, CAA AOC guidance material and a fair amount of cash to submit with the application. Pull together a team of suitably qualified individuals to fill, Chief Pilot, Chief Engineer, Ops Manager and Chief Training Pilot posts. Then set about writing the Ops Manuals, and honing the business plan etc and the rest is finding airplanes and crew to operate them. It sounds simple but there are many hoops to jump through to finally get your AOC.

The size and number of staff can depend on how many aircraft, the operating area you intend to fly in etc.

The CAA should look at your operating plans and financial plan with equal scrutiny.

fcit
31st Mar 2001, 14:20
Hi S084453,
no sig is quite right. First hand you have to get qulified personnel (i.e. the post holders) and than start on your manuals.

Dunno where you are starting from, but in Germany the LBA is issuing a compliance list, which has to followed (checked off) during the process of establishing/writing the manuals. Basically this compliance list is a list that details the issues your aviation authority would like to have addressed in the manuals.

Have you been talking to your aviation authority folks, yet? Most of the time you'll also be assigned a principle, who is sort of keeping an eye on you and can be asked what exactly is required.

Cheers
fcit

OpsBoy
1st Apr 2001, 18:18
nosig gives a good reply, of course at anypoint the CAA (or whatever authority in your country) are not satisfied then you find yourself not only going back to the drawing board but your carefully planned sked slips back and back.

------------------
The Legend lives on ... OpsBoy !!!!