PDA

View Full Version : FAA Dispatchers License

walla
29th Mar 2001, 01:57
Is it worth doing the FAA Dispatchers License, how much is it and would i have to go to the states to do it.(oh yeh how long is the course.)

Could someone please enlighten me.
Thanks
walla

vipero
29th Mar 2001, 14:11
Walla,
check this out:
http://www.airlinedispatcher.com

about the training I'm afraid you have to go there, but there's a FAA Office in Frankfurt where you can have the examination.

Ciao
Paolo

walla
30th Mar 2001, 00:44
vipero,
Cheers mate helps alot,however i don,t think the wife would allow me the luxery of going alone.
Worth a try though!!
walla

fcit
31st Mar 2001, 14:12
Walla,

there's a bunch of dispatch schools in the states. To my knowledge none is offering - public - classes outside the states, yet (though I heard there was some corporate classes overseas).

Re the cost I am not really sure (since I got my ticket a couple of years ago). Most of the time it's worth to have the examination at the same place you are taking the course - for the simple reason that most schools have their own FAA approved examiners and those, of course, have a tendency not to flunk you :) .

I got my license at Sheffield in KFLL, which was actually quite nice.

More questions, just drop me a note....

Cheers
fcit

Captain Chaos001
1st Apr 2001, 14:57
Walla

Ref your enquiry about the FAA Dispatcher Course. It is definitely worth it - I did mine in Nov/Dec 2000 and now I have got a job in the USA as a Chief Dispatcher for a private company.

Goodbye to the UK forever

CC

1st Apr 2001, 15:21
Captain Chaos001,

I dont want to appear rude, but are you working on a green card or a working visa.

The only reason I ask is, I also am interested in working in the States but was under the usumption you needed residency to gain employment with most large companies.
Thanks.

Captain Chaos001
3rd Apr 2001, 21:40

I am on a H1B Visa arranged by the company in the States.

CC

Low_and_Slow
4th Apr 2001, 00:18
Just saw some info about a Dispatch course in Long Beach Califronia starting in May. I believe it is a weekend course of about 12(???? might be more) weekends (ie. not sutable for someone not living in the LA area). $4000 including the written, oral and practical exams.

-me

ps. Being a pilot myself, I think it would be interesting to get the dispatchers cert. On the other hand, a good deal of the training is redundant for me (much of the basic meteorology, how to read jepps, basic flt planning etc). Does anyone know if there is a self-study alternative for the dispatchers cert and who does this sort of thing?

[This message has been edited by Low_and_Slow (edited 03 April 2001).]

lalapanzi
4th Apr 2001, 02:25
so the job at Easyjet didn't work out?

walla
4th Apr 2001, 11:51
Cheers peeps for all your info,it was very helpful.
walla

edp1_arizona
5th Apr 2001, 00:37
Hi Walla:

We offer a nice faa dispatcher program here in Tucson Arizona.

visit our website at:

http://www.flightcontrolacademy.com

Please email me with any questions.
[email protected]

Captain Chaos001
15th Apr 2001, 03:48
lalapanzi

The job at Easyjet!!! What a waste of time working for a small time operator that only flies to Eurpoe and back. I had the interview but turned it down as soon as I got my USA position.

CC

CreepMark
16th Apr 2001, 06:46
'Had the Interview and turned it down'??!!!!

You were never offered the job..how can you turn it down without having it 'turn up' in the first place?

------------------
Climb Aboard, lets have some fun.

simshield
17th Apr 2001, 16:39
Captian Chaos001 could you please drop us an e-mail as I have a couple of questions