PDA

View Full Version : Best logbook software in your opinion

LeChuck
8th Oct 2007, 12:48
Hi all,

What's in your opinion the best logbook software available for a professional pilot? My laptop runs on Windows XP, so no chance to have the apple based logbook which actually looks great! I have searched on this topic but wanted some updated info.

I was thinking about "safelog", but suggestions are most welcomed, thank you.

Cheers

maxdrypower
8th Oct 2007, 12:57
I use this one its not professional as such but it gives ya everything you need
http://www.jar-ppl.com/logbackin.asp?Thispage=/logbook.asp?page=15

WaterMeths
8th Oct 2007, 13:31
I use SKYLOG PRO. It is handy for keeping up to date with duty / flying hours also which is important if you work for a busy airline such as the one I work for. Great for peeling off stats of which routes you've flown, destinations etc. Automatic day / night calc for flights over 45 mins duration.

Print outs can be in different log book formats. JAR etc......

Cheers WM

Red Eyed Dog
9th Oct 2007, 10:51
I'll put in a vote for FlightLog Professional which, last time I looked, could be found at www.stratosoft.com
I have used this pilot logbook software for a few years now as a professional pilot and while I've tried some pretty fair programs like LogbookPro, FlightLog Professional takes the crown ... basically it's quality and presentation. Best data input screen I've seen for what is never going to be a favorite task! but if you don't want to input all your past flying it has a superb way of letting you record previous flying, then integrating it into a really useful total flying report, which by itself could answer any job application questions in an instant. The duty log and check screen is excellent with a great feature whereby you can project flight hours to see if you can stay in limits. Query anything, anyway, anyhow you like. Automatic day/night times, visual route map, free PDA flight recorder with synchronization, supplementary airport database ... it just goes on!
I was emailing these guys a couple of days ago and even found they now had a private pilot's version as well. BTW, as for the 'Mac thing', I reckon that the gap between Mac and PC is pretty narrow these days when you consider the likes of software such as 'Parallels' which allows Windows programs to run freely on a Mac. The idea that Macs are 'better' than PCs is borne of nothing more than ignorance coupled to the vanity of the overtly fashion conscious ;)