PDA

View Full Version : license validation stalemate?

matrix777
8th Oct 2007, 10:23
Hi Folks,

Heading to US hopefully for hourbuilding in next few weeks.

Just wondering if anyone recently has been in a similar situation, can tell me how long it took them to get their JAA license validated.

I applied at the beginning of September. The CAA are saying that they are waiting for the FAA to request my JAA license details.

While the FAA are saying that they are waiting for the CAA to provide my license details.

So there seems to be a stalemate at the moment between bothsides.

Anyone had similar experiences.

Cheers,
Matrix777.

:ugh:

Lasiorhinus
9th Oct 2007, 13:10
Call the CAA, pretend you're from the FAA, and request they send your details...

littco
9th Oct 2007, 14:20
It took me 2 weeks. I phoned the FAA about 5 minutes after I faxed the forms to them to check they had them, The nice lady at the other end said yes and she would request the details from the CAA while I was on the phone and promptly sent a fax while I waited.. All of 5 minutes. I was then told that all that was needed was for the CAA to do there bit and return the forms.. I waited 10 days for that!!!!!! I chased the CAA up and they finally told me they had sent the forms back to the FAA, within 24 hours I had a call from the FAA to say it was complete and I could collect the Temporary cert from the FISDO office on my arrival!!

You make your own mind up who's dragging there heals! Although I have to say I was suprised how easily and quickly the FAA issued the license, I guess they could just be very efficient, who knows...

worldpilot
9th Oct 2007, 16:46
It took about 3 weeks to complete the procedures. The letter was at the FBO then. The convertion in the states was straight forward.
1: BFR (1hr GND + 1 Flight)
2. Then went to the FAA and got a temporary FAA License.
The real FAA license was then posted to me.

Have fun!!

WP

matrix777
9th Oct 2007, 20:47
Thanks everyone for the replies and the info. :ok:

Matrix777