PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet TRSS

AceOfHearts
8th Oct 2007, 01:35
Hi there,

What are the chances of getting in with Easyjet if I am willing to provide £23K for the Type Rating but am lacking the 500 hours requirement?

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_typeratingsponsorshipscheme.html

Is it worth applying?

Thanks very much.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Oct 2007, 07:01
It is not worth applying if you do not meet the stated criteria as your application will simply be binned.

AceOfHearts
8th Oct 2007, 12:10
Thanks,

Maybe I should 'try my luck' anyway.

WaterMeths
8th Oct 2007, 12:35
Ace of Hearts....

Just how far are you off the 500 ? If its not too far off then there are two ways of looking at this. If you apply now (nothing ventured nothing gained) the company will bin it as WWW says. However, your "binned" application at least shows that you are keen, and could be cross referenced if at a later stage you apply again and are successful.

The other way of looking at it is, read as above but substitute showing you are keen for showing that you are not interested in the fact that rules for application have been laid down. That could come up in a 1:1 interview?

Just food for thought rather than anything concrete, set in stone etc....

Cheers

AceOfHearts
8th Oct 2007, 14:48
thanks,

Just got the fATPL, so quite far off 500 hours.

I am wondering would an fATPL really quit a new turboprop job after about half a year with 500 hours to join easyjet TRSS (with £23K debt) given all the hussle he had to go through to get that turboprop job.

Thats why I was hoping they are not too serious about that 500 hours, so long as the candidate has fATPL with £23K to spend.

8th Oct 2007, 14:54
You will require 500 MULTI CREW hours, not 500 total hours.

The only time easyJey are "not too serious" about 500 multi-crew hours is with regard to the inexperienced CTC cadets they take on.

If you don't want to go down the turboprop route into a jet job, you might want to look at the CTC ATP scheme.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Oct 2007, 16:09
I fear for you.

You have no commercial experience and certainly not 500hrs even TT let alone on anything turbine or jet.

You do not therefore meet the experience level laid down. Even if you had 499hrs of relevant time your application would still be binned because it is less than 500. It is that simple. The people handling your application deal with around 100 new or updated ones every single day. They scan read it, and you name goes into the appropriate database list dependent on hours and type of experience. Your application would go in the shredder as it doesn't meet the minimum requirement.

The Chief Pilot isn't looking at your CV, marveling at its clarity and wistfully placing it in his in tray deciding to give you a chance. It is being mercilessly processed by people who've never touched an aeroplane and who are processing data.

You need to do proper research when applying for jobs.

dann1405
8th Oct 2007, 16:25
To summarise:

"Just qualified with absolute minimum hours, hoping to buy a jet job as can't really be bothered to learn my trade and climb the conventional ladder. Will a very well established and high quality company just 'forget' about their very clearly laid down and published recruitment requirements for me? Surely the size of my chequebook is more important than my suitability for the job?"

Surely a troll. I really hope so :confused:

PS If not a troll, how can you possibly be expected to digest and comply with a stack of complicated SOPs when you can't read and follow simple application guidelines? Or perhaps Easyjet would not be too serious about you following their procedures. You are special after all, Ace ;)

ReallyAnnoyed
8th Oct 2007, 16:26
There is no chance that easy will look past the requirement of 500 multi pilot hours unless you either a) go through CTC or b) show up with a TR and 50 hours on type.

However, even these roads are not easy at the moment. The orange halls in Luton are telling us that we are overcrewed and we have been offered unpaid leave in the winther for those who want to spend time with the family (or mistress :} ), 6 month contract in India with Indigo and I just saw an offer for a short contract with Edelweiss for a few FOs if any are interested inside easy. Latest rumour is that less than 100 new hires in 2008 in the pointy end, but that could probably change many times.

So, option a) is not relevant for you, Ace, as CTC is not accepting applications at the moment and the holding pool is supposedly significant, but you can fish in other threads for more info. Option b) is highly risky, in my opinion and in any case you will need to find an independant TR provider that can also offer you line training :sad: However, with the relative few new hires next year, it is questionable if the company will continue to waiver the 500 multi pilot requirement and accept 50 hours on type, but that is just my guess and nothing official :)

So, to sum up: It doesn't really look good before you have some more relevant experience. The hope is that the CTC ATP scheme will open up again as that is the quick way into easy.

AceOfHearts
9th Oct 2007, 03:58
Point taken.

I am looking into Flybe who are to start recruiting soon.

The only thing I am lacking it looks like is that I am 13:50 short of the 50 hours within the last one year requirement :bored: ...

Anyone know just how much of a deal this is? I just did my IR and feel very current and cant see any currency issue my self.

Thanks for the advice.

The Otter's Pocket
9th Oct 2007, 07:21
Mate
Go and spend some of that 23K on an instructors course and learn to fly.

Unless you are something special, you will be going against those of us with several hundred flying hours of instruction, commercial background and a variety of a/c in log book.

Then again, you may be lucky.:sad:

9th Oct 2007, 15:58
I'd advise against going down the instructing route if you can get a turboprop job.

Good multi-crew experience, plenty of hours / sectors / landings and you'll be more attractive to a jet operator with that than someone with hours and hours in a SEP. . . .

I can't see the advantage that Otter's Pocket's recommendation can (In the nicest possible way Otter's! :ok: . . . ).

The Otter's Pocket
9th Oct 2007, 17:23
Thats fine, but how do you get to the Turbo Jet Position in the first place? Most operators want 1500hrs at the moment, as competition is high.
The lowest I have seen is 700hrs TT.
So for most people the only way to build hours is instructing. Unless you are going to circumnavigate the traditional route and pay for a TR. Or you have access to loads of cash and fly circles in the states.

For us mear mortals the instructor rate is the way to get hired.

At least I hope it is...:hmm:

PPRuNeUser0178
9th Oct 2007, 18:03
Just as a note of (dis)interest, I did the unspeakable 4 years ago and joined EZY through TRSS, at the time I was a TP Captain with approx 2700hrs total time. At that time even 146 Captains were being given TRSS.

For someone with a brand new frozen ATPL and no commercial experience then you are aiming too high at TRSS, as mentioned the CTC route is more appropraite.

ED

dann1405
9th Oct 2007, 18:06
I'd advise against going down the instructing route if you can get a turboprop job

Key part of that being if you can get a turboprop job
There will be hundreds (if not thousands) of min hours fATPLers applying for every turboprop position going. How are you going to get your CV onto a different pile?

I can't see the advantage that Otter's Pocket's recommendation can

Hmmm. I can. Besides the obvious vast improvement to your flying, airmanship, and communication skills, the TT column on your CV will be climbing every week, thus along with your employability.
Of course it's not as attractive as multi-crew experience, but it's a darn side more attractive than no experience!

9th Oct 2007, 18:33
Well I did say 'if' . . . :rolleyes:

Flybe take low hours guys with zero experience and that was the whole point to my last response.

IF you can get a turboprop job, take it over an instructing job :ugh:

I've nothing against instructing as a way of gaining experience, but I'd guarantee every man-jack of you who do instruct, would take a turbobprop job over instructing.

anotherspaceman
9th Oct 2007, 19:22
Ace

50 hrs in a rolling 12 months is the minimum required for Flybe. Your estimation of how current you feel is of no interest to them. Firstly, the computer sift will bin you if you do not meet the criteria. Secondly, Flybe will bin you, for ever, if you are dishonest in your application. Thirdly, fair employment legislation prevents them from looking at at anybody who does not fill the minimum criteria requested.

The whole thing is the deal!

The Otter's Pocket
9th Oct 2007, 20:28
800 CVs in the pile at Flybe.
This month I have banged out +40hrs on a part time basis, being able to get 50hrs a year should be a goal, otherwise the airlines will think that your heart is not in it.

51 yes you did put "if" however it was easily missed in your post. Sorry if I was mislead by your post. What is the real likelyhood of these lower houred chaps getting a TP job against those who are already working in a commercial field.

Only part time I hear you ask. I am helping my father with the family business. I have to save up for that SSTR...:}:}:}

10th Oct 2007, 07:18
All true Otter's and please don't think I was having a pop at instructors !

Good luck and I hope you get your break soon ;)

dann1405
10th Oct 2007, 22:13
Apologies if I misread your post 51. My response wasn't aimed at you but for the original poster and those in a similar boat. Think we're singing from the same sheet.

There just seems to be a growing reluctance from wannabes these days to do the dogsbody jobs and work their way up. And then they'll post 2 years down the line (still with 200 hours and no professional experience) with sob stories about how they can't get an interview and what an unfair industry it is! :yuk:
Some people have bad luck. However, a lot of people make their own luck.
Best Regards
D