PDA

View Full Version : GlobeGround

scrummer
24th Nov 2000, 22:45
I have an interview for Globeground in early Jan all I know is that there based at LHR anybody know anything else.???

Thanks to everybody for the info about MK airlines I dont think i'll be taking up employment with them!!!

Lozza
25th Nov 2000, 03:54
Globeground is basically Lufthansa Ground Handling at LHR.Apart from looking after the Luftwaffe,they also handle a few other companies including Air Algerie(absolute nightmare),South African,Croatian,Luxair,and a few others whose names escape me.
They seem to be okay,although since they evolved into Globeground from LH Grnd Handling,things seem to havegone a bit Pete Tong-same thing happened to me at Air France when Servisair managed to get their grubby little mitts on us...standards dropped,salaries dropped,morale non-existent etc.
Having said that,I think this is a bit of an industry problem,particularly at LHR where groung handling companies seem to be more and more prevalent,as opposed to the old days when airlines were simply handled by other airlines.
Are you going for Ops or Dispatch?Dispatch salaries start at £16500 p.a. all-in,which is actually £2000 p.a. increase on 2yrs ago when I nearly joined.
Anyway,if you want a foothold in LHR,it's not a bad place to start,and certainly better than the other handling companies at LHR.

scrummer
26th Nov 2000, 16:11
Thanks for the info mate. Iv'e been trying to send you a couple of E-mails but there seems to be a tech prob somewhere??