PDA

View Full Version : Brit European Ops Jobs (And Salaries !!)

Jack A Nory
24th Nov 2000, 22:01
Had to choke on my 8th crew meal of the day today whilst reading old Flight Int.
Am I going senile in my old age, or are BEA really expecting to get staff with 'Managerial' experience, for their Ops Controllers positions offering that amount of money ?????????????????????
When even companies such as ScotAirways pay their Ops Guys £23,000 (or so I was told at interview stage, and have read on these here pages), where do these guys get off.
I am the only one who thinks that our noble trade is being thoroughly humiliated by this indignation ???????

Low life
25th Nov 2000, 02:22
chuckle chuckle

[This message has been edited by Low life (edited 24 November 2000).]

scaramonger
25th Nov 2000, 03:19
Do you not think it is dependant on location to some extent, with competition being a major factor.

You mention ScotAirways. Although no competition at CBG, they have to take on the bigger boys at STN & LTN & probably LGW/LHR.
Until Easyjet arrived on the scene salaires at LTN where relatively controlled by what Brits & Monarch wanted to pay. Easyjet wanting instant experienced staff offered much higher salaries, and so the fun began.

Back the Brit Euro, based at EXT, what competition - none, only those at BOH, which aren't much better I have heard.

They will get staff, but keeping them, well that could be a different scenerio. They are only going to pay what they feel they can get away with. Why pay more if you don't have to.

So unless you are in dire need of employment and money is not an major factor you have to take whats about.

GWYN
25th Nov 2000, 14:20
Well all I can say is that I've tried several times to get into ops at BE, or Jersey European, even with recommendation from one of their pilots. All attempts met with a resounding silence. So what I say is that if they fail to grasp the opportunity when they have it, it will not be presented to them again, and certainly not for what they are offering. The depths of wildest Devon have difficulty competing with the sunshine in Oz, and BE don't help to make it more attractive.

VdG
25th Nov 2000, 17:22
........if you pay peanuts ..........!!