PDA

View Full Version : Remote arrivals / departures at MAN, HOW MANY MORE??

ops_bored
8th Jul 2001, 01:14
The situation at MAN is getting beyond a joke!! How many remote / off pier arrivals and departures are there per day?
I here you all cry TOO MANY!
Pax are arriving through the gates (e.g. gate 205) from a remote stand as other pax are trying to board an aircraft on stand 205!

AND THAT IS IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET COACHES!!

lets have some pages on this one. :confused:

Doctor Cruces
8th Jul 2001, 16:01
When we were operating out of MAN a couple of years ago, the resident airside transport provider was hopeless. I believe it is the same one now. Once away fron airside, the service provided by Bill The Coach was exceptional in every respect, punctual, swift and friendly.

What we all need is Bill The Coach to come airside. Maybe if enough operators asked him he may be able to help!

Doc C.
:confused:

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: Doctor Cruces ]

You splitter
14th Jul 2001, 02:21
Remote stand parking is never ideal, even if you have a good bunch of coach drivers and dispatchers. The amount of times we have pax sitting (or rather standing) on coaches while the fuelling finishes, or the caterers exit, is unbelievable. They get pissed off before they have even got on the a/c. No matter how well you try and organise for them to get to the a/c they are alwayd either late or early!!!

Best Western
16th Jul 2001, 16:35
Thats what happens when an airport gets busy....

Just look at Stansted with all GO international flights now bussed to the forward holding lounge!

SZD
18th Jul 2001, 14:11
I honestly don't know what MAPlc is thinking. :confused: Build a second runway to increase capacity but do nothing about the desperate shortage of bridge equiped stands.

You know its beyond a joke when you have two flights boarding through the same gate!!! I guess things might improve when the new T2 coaching lounge opens (they might just make it before winter)but that remains to be seen. And if the rummor is true and they knock down the C-Pier satalite to reduce taxiway congestion, well, Servisair had better invest in several sets of new steps :eek:

I really do hate remote departures. 1 coach, 235 Pax and 50 minutes don't = on time departure! 1 late Pax and Bang goes your slot.

[ 18 July 2001: Message edited by: SZD ]