PDA

View Full Version : Morrisby Profile

Mach086
6th Oct 2007, 16:33
Guys

I was wondering if anyone has ever completed the Morrisby Profile Test.

I have done some research on the net regarding what it entails and it seems its your typical "intelligence "tests type of thing.

so numerical, verbal, critical reasoning, shapes, sequences, find the odd one out type of stuff, mechanics.
and then you have those typical personality profiling questions - "do u like going to tea parties etc".

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the tests and can venture any tips or advice regarding the above that i have mentioned. Is there anything I have missed out?

Regards

Mach086

expedite08
6th Oct 2007, 16:48
Dont waste any time or money on these type of tests whatsoever! They are worth nothing and a waste of time, most of all they prove nothing about your ability to fly an aircraft!

Mach086
7th Oct 2007, 20:57
cheers mate. i'll go into the selection phase and say that to the air training captain and ask if I don't have to do it and just stick with the interview.

maybe i can even by-pass the interview as well.

FruitSalad
7th Oct 2007, 23:24
Expedite I understand your thoughts on the subject as it is true these tests are not perfect, however there is some merit in what they are able to determine about a candidate otherwise thousands of companies would not use them. They are typically looking only to highlight extreme qualities in a personality and in no way are designed to judge the subtleties of a persons mood.

If anyone does have some useful information that would be great as I to have to take one soon as well. I don't want to be trained to pass a psychometric test but at the same time do not want to fall into any obvious pitfalls that the majority of people know or will spot.

Re-Heat
8th Oct 2007, 11:10
Morrisby tests are great for general personality and intelligence testing, as they require no preparation at all, other than what you can see on their website. There are no pitfalls or tricks - you simply do as asked in the tests, and get as far as possible in each section - the only cautionary note is not to try to do every single one at the expense of a high degree of accuracy, but likewise not to spend so long getting some right that progress is not made: this is explained at the start of the testing session anyway, so don't worry about it at all.

They are worth a great deal in weeding out personalities who won't fit into the defined workplace environment, but won't - as noted - assess your flying ability.