PDA

View Full Version : FAA Biennial Flight review

reaz
6th Oct 2007, 14:06
Is there any Flight school in Mexico or Caribbean that conducts FAA Flight training including Biennial Flight review?
Your response is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gooneyone
7th Oct 2007, 01:21
I think that some FAA training / checkrides are done in St.Thomas, USVI.
The person to contact is Cleo Hodge at the airport, but I have no further info - you'll have to do a search.

Panama Jack
7th Oct 2007, 04:08
Of course, in "Puelto Lico" (being a US Possession) there are flight schools with FAA curriculum.

Otherwise, you might be able to find in some countries the-odd US CFI holder who can give you a Flight Review. I would suspect that (in Central America) there may be one or two in countries like Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama.

Probably best to check the FAA Airman Register (assuming the guys updated their addresses).

reaz
8th Oct 2007, 03:01
Thanks a lot for your responses.
In fact I am a Canadian Permanent Resident. Need to do the Biennial Flight review. Waiting for the US clearance for almost three moths. Now decided to do the Flight review outside USA. Preferably in Caribbean. Since it is closer. Please let me know the contact of examiner, including phone number.

Thank you.

joe grind
8th Oct 2007, 04:43
FAA BFR needs a clearance?

Panama Jack
8th Oct 2007, 16:16
That's what I am wondering too. :confused:

reaz
8th Oct 2007, 18:43
The clearance I am waiting for is for US Visa.
But after I get my Visa I may still need to wait for Security clearance from
Transportation Security Administration. Please check this out.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/afsp/editorial_multi_image_with_table_0215.shtm

Lot of hassels for few hours BFR.

er340790
9th Oct 2007, 00:49
The FAA seaplane and taildragger ratings also qualify as a BFR. The examiner can handle all the requirements when you register. Mine did.

joe grind
9th Oct 2007, 18:27
BFR isn't considered "training". If you're a Canadian citizen you don't need a visa.

joe grind
9th Oct 2007, 18:31
And, there's no "tail dragger" rating.
A conventional gear check out would qualify as a BFR.

4144r
3rd Nov 2007, 17:16
Hi
You don't need USA clearance for a BFR;
I did it + a 61.58 four days ago in South Africa with a FAA instructor.
Soft landings:cool: