Captains have the last word on ground or not the aeroplane
Well the solution is not in the CAA of DRC but on :
1)Meccanics STOP on sign off aeroplane that are not airworthiness
2)Captains STOP to fly and ground aeroplane that are not airworthiness
Riccardo Volante

lifeclock
8th Oct 2007, 08:56
Surely true! Just with a BUT.

In a working aviation environment you also donīt get sacked for having an opinion on the safety of the plane as a Cpt., get arrested by demand of your employer for breaching some non existing contract and so on(Police is always helpful when somebody waves some cash)...as happened to people I know!

You need RVA to enforce laws (with what qualified personal?) and pilots need a Union in DRC, otherwise there always will be another guy next in line waiting for your job.
Luckily the market for pilots is improving worlwide and DRC is running more and more short on suitable pilots. If it helps remains to be seen.

greatgame
8th Oct 2007, 09:04
The DRC will not get it ducks in a row. TOOOO corrupt Tooooo litle expertize and most of all no dissipline to enforce any but any rule of law. ICAO should step in and take the damm lot over. Sorry to say that will close 99% of the DRC operators down.:{

maxrated
9th Oct 2007, 12:55
There should be no aviation legislation in the DRC except that should an aviation operator/company have an accident where passengers are hurt or killed, the entire managemnet structure and the company owners (and their families) simply get rounded up and shot by the local army firing squad.

This eliminates any complicated legislative process and creates a serious incentive for the operators/ company owners to run a tight ship.

I can think of quite a few African countries that would benifit from a system such as this.

Siguarda al fine
23rd Oct 2007, 05:13
maxrated. Good idea! I have worked there since 1992 and have made it up as I went along so I did things by my standards........hence still here..just!