PDA

View Full Version : Loganair recruitment

slamaccel
5th Oct 2007, 22:11
Anyone know if Loganair are recruiting FO's at the minute and if so what experience levels they are looking for. I heard that new aircraft are on the way, which I guess means more crews required?

MIKECR
6th Oct 2007, 11:58
They took some FI's from Tayside just in the last few weeks. Two had quite a lot of instructing time under their belts, the other didnt.

smith
6th Oct 2007, 18:18
What kind of new aircraft are they getting?

Callsign Kilo
7th Oct 2007, 15:44
3 Saab 340Bs have been approved for purchase

And yes they do seem to be recruiting, although not in any great volume. A CPL/IR and MCC with the bare minimum of hours meets their requirements, however with this alone your cv will often travel to the bottom of the pile. A recommendation from someone who has a bit of influence will usually go a long way so I'm told.

I also believe Paul Dandeker will have less involvment with recruitment as of this month. I was informed a new appointment has been made in this area. Will be interesting to see any changes this may bring?

Sean Dillon
8th Oct 2007, 21:01
You just need to have an ATPL to be a Captain - hence 2 excursions onto the grass at LDY and KOI recently...lots of young immature people in LHS at LOGI.

The new recruitment guy should hopefully begin to recover some of the inexperienced management decsions taken by the previous team.

Ambulance G-BLNW
9th Oct 2007, 09:29
You just need to have an ATPL to be a Captain - hence 2 excursions onto the grass at LDY and KOI recently...lots of young immature people in LHS at LOGI.:=

SD haven't heard of anyone going on to the grass at either destinations. How recent are we talking about here.

ABO944
10th Oct 2007, 16:29
Shame the company pays peanuts, as i'm sure, with a decent wage, many would stay on!!

Hi ho !:(

JTFC
13th Oct 2007, 09:17
Think this thread is creeping a little bit. I realise the name rumour appears on the title of this website, but for the moment could we stick to the facts!
slamaccel - to answer your question - yes three 340 B aircraft arriving, (date of which as yet unknown), however at the moment it's looking like there will only be a net increase of one, as two will prob replace the two leased 340 A's at EDI.
In addition at the moment, crew compliment seems to be fairly settled, not many leaving. saying that however it does appear that recruitment is continuing.
SD & Duir. Think if I were you I'd try my level best to get my facts straight before posting nonsense.:=

No Country Members
13th Oct 2007, 13:02
JTFC How about being more specific about the facts you claim are not straight, and putting the record straight yourself?

Sean Dillon
13th Oct 2007, 14:33
JTFC

SD. Think if I were you I'd try my level best to get my facts straight before posting nonsense

Prove me wrong on the facts, PM me, not on an open forum...

JTFC
14th Oct 2007, 09:41
SD. Thanks, will do.

Duir. Looking forward to the introductions - guessing it won't take that long!

Callsign Kilo
14th Oct 2007, 15:07
From the OAT website; Loganair Graduate intakes

2007 (so far)

3 Oxford Grads

1 Oxford Grad

7 Oxford Grads

While I accept the fact that a few of these guys may have went off to do an FIC, dropped meatballs, towed banners...whatever; I would imagine that a large majority were recruited with the bare minimum of hours. And this is Oxford alone.

I kNOW of at least 2 integrated students who were taken out of an FTE course this year (they were on my friends TR course in Sweden) and Cabair publically advertise that graduates have been taken from them also (albiet it may not be completely 'direct')

Therefore JTFC, I wouldn't discount duir's comment. You may be spending a little more time meeting low houred integrated graduates than you first anticipated.

p.s. this insn't any sort of gripe at Loganair's recruitment. It obviously works for them and these guys have been taken on some degree of merit I'm sure. I also know that they take low houred modular guys as well, along with instructors who have built a little SEP time. So fairs fair

Inverted81
14th Oct 2007, 15:30
Just with reference to some comments i have read

I haven't seen any evidence of "immatureness" if thats a word, when controlling the LOG crews in and out of PB (LSI). In fact they seem to have some of the best airmanship skills i've seen, given the very testing conditions that can occur.

Well done all..... :D

No Country Members
14th Oct 2007, 22:06
Immaturity?;)

Fair_Weather_Flyer
14th Oct 2007, 22:09
They are also after direct entry captains. This kind of suggests that they don't have enough pilots "coming through." It's not just low hour pilots that have been targeted, they are also after people with hours. I was offered a job by them recently and I have the 1000+ hours and a fairly varied background.

Inverted81
15th Oct 2007, 08:09
"immaturity"

thats the one... it had been a loooong day ;)

73AIRBUS73
15th Oct 2007, 10:01
Ah the PPrune spelling police strike again. I do wish these little self important idiots would stop poking their noses into the threads.

Does it follow that one becomes less competent in a 35 KT crosswind because he makes a typo or actually spells a word wrong.

Answer NO

Does it follow that ones ability in coordinating aircraft around the sky from the tower is somehow degraded by miss spelling the word immature?

Answer NO

In my experience its always the nitpickers who are focusing on getting all the tiny little things perfect that miss the big picture completely and get the BIG things wrong.

Please get lost all you nit pickers out there!

Rant over :ugh:

No Country Members
15th Oct 2007, 19:07
Ah the PPrune spelling police strike again

Fair enough, but it wasn't actually a spelling correction, merely a gentle suggestion of le mot juste, which actually the person in question appears to have taken in good humour (for which, thanks).

Does it follow that one becomes less competent in a 35 KT crosswind because he makes a typo or actually spells a word wrong.

Answer NO

Er...agreed. Although I think that's a new argument!

In my experience its always the nitpickers who are focusing on getting all the tiny little things perfect that miss the big picture completely and get the BIG things wrong.

Not arguing with your experience, nor commenting on your grammar AT ALL (who incidentally is not your father's mother). ;););););););););)

saabsforever
17th Oct 2007, 03:40
I flew with the low hour oxford intake in 2005, from aberdeen to the northern isles. They are a great bunch and learnt very quickly in some of the worst flying conditions there are. Did just as well as those with more time and never a problem with 'immatureness' or anything else. I understand the fustration of watching those with fresh licences move ahead sometimes, but there is no need to be critical of those you have never met or flown with.

Lee Frost
18th Oct 2007, 17:50
Doh! Just started a new thread on T&C's about this, but seeing as the 'debate' is raging, does anyone know what the bonding arrangements are for new joiners going on the saab and if LOGI has cancelled the 'money up front' policy of the recent past...

Thanks,

LF

MIKECR
18th Oct 2007, 18:11
Its a 12k bond. You have to find the money, pay up front and Logie pay it back to you with your monthly salary. If your an experienced captain then you will probably be offered a slightly different deal.

Lee Frost
23rd Oct 2007, 10:29
Thanks, that sounds pretty much as it was before...

VYJ
26th Oct 2007, 21:09
just wondered how many others were in the holding pool for Logan at the moment?

MIKECR
26th Oct 2007, 21:27
I dont think there is a pool, i might be wrong though. I know 2 Tayside FI's were interviewed recently and went straight onto TR courses.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
26th Oct 2007, 21:38
Well MIKECR, I can assure you that there most certainly is a holdpool!

combineharvester
26th Oct 2007, 22:20
count me in.:eek:

MIKECR
27th Oct 2007, 17:26
Well there you go, a hold pool after all! Are you guys already FO/DEC type chaps though or are you low hour people after first job?

combineharvester
27th Oct 2007, 18:19
PPL instructor 700hrs total. 1st job.

MIKECR
27th Oct 2007, 18:48
Well done ch, good luck! Im thinking they might have filled a pool up recently as I know the two chaps I mentioned previously were pretty much interviewed and straight onto TR's in no time at all. I dont thnk they had to wait very long.

planeshipcar
29th Oct 2007, 09:00
Curious as to how non scottish pilots have found living in Glasgow area - what the accommodations like etc?