PDA

View Full Version : Getting shut inside the A/C

Squiddley
22nd Jun 2001, 06:05
Out of idle curiosity, has anyone else been accidently shut inside the A/C before departure? Only happened the once to me, and luckily the bridge was still positioned, but red faces all round :)

A few colleagues have had the same misfortune, including push-back and a taxi. Legend has it one hapless individual actually ended up flying because for whatever reason, the flight couldn't/wouldn't return to the bay. Mind you, it was only regional.

ceebs
22nd Jun 2001, 12:14
Nearly happened to me, when an over enthusiastic enginner shut the front door of an F27, and the captain followed suit be starting engines - even though i was standing waiting for the Loadsheet to be signed. Someone else i know got shut in the front hold of a 146 which then proceeded to push back and start engines with him and a loader still shut in. But luckily we all saw the funny side.....

SKYYACHT
22nd Jun 2001, 18:42
My uniform jacket and two way VHF radio once went to JFK and back, together with my airside pass clipped to the lapel!

Tailwinds

Rayford Steele
23rd Jun 2001, 03:19
I was on the flight deck getting the loadsheet signed and emerged to discover the FA had closed the door's and the steps removed.
I did consider activating the slide to get downstairs!