PDA

View Full Version : Jeppview

LDB
5th Oct 2007, 05:38
Attn all Mac users:

I recieved an e-mail from Jeppesen saying they are aware that jeppview does not work on Mac computers and to be patient we are looking into it.

That kind of response reminds me of the mirror man.

How about we all send them an e-mail to let them know there is a demand for it.

P.S. I work too hard, am not paid enough, can't get leave when I want it and there are not basings where I would like to live but can we please make Jeppview work on a Mac computer.

:ugh:

nike
5th Oct 2007, 07:31
hey fella,

works fine on my mac.

Been using mozilla 1.2.1 for a while now

Just tried it now in case things had changed, but working fine.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/3016

Hope that helps.....

Cryten
5th Oct 2007, 13:57
what'a a mac? ;)

jrsanch
5th Oct 2007, 17:11
Jeppview does not work with Windows Vista either,
...well, you could "make it work", but you can't do updates via internet, have to use the disks! Jeppesen is working on a fix since Vista came out:zzz::zzz:

WaldoPepper
6th Oct 2007, 07:29
I sent an email last year about this to Jepp and received no reply.

Mozilla 1.2.1 only works in "Classic". Classic (OS9) has not been bundled with Mac computers since 2004, you can install it manually, but I don't believe you can install it on intel based macs without a fair bit of tinkering. You can run through an emulator but seems too much like hard work.

WP

WaldoPepper
6th Oct 2007, 11:08
I used the email address in their support section of the Jepp website. I don't have the original as it was over a year ago!

AA717driver
6th Oct 2007, 13:05
If you have an intel based Mac, just use the earlier version of windows--not Vista. It works fine. TC

LDB
6th Oct 2007, 19:04
Send your e-mails to [email protected]

dhoonk
6th Oct 2007, 23:40
Jeppview runs fine under Vista with Java Runtime Environment 5 (JRE 5). I think there are problems running under JRE 6 which is what most new machines come with.

Here is a short clip of Jeppview running under Vista in a VM environment (VMWare Fusion, in this case) on my Mac.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1272893hrhbmWWp

tyson744
7th Oct 2007, 12:31
Dear Nike,
How did you get jeppview on the mac. Are you using Mac OS or Windows on a new intel chip. I can use it in classic mode but very slow. Would like to know how to get it up and running in Mac OS 10.4 I also have firefox etc.
Thanks for any help.

ChairmanBoysClub
7th Oct 2007, 15:32
Mac is ****. You prob wont even be able to read your new contract in PDF format when its being emailed to you on groupewise.. Does that then mean that all mAc users will be left out..... :p

nike
8th Oct 2007, 02:02
Hi Tyson,

sorry mate, I should have been more specific. I run jeppview on my PowerPC, not on my (Intel) Macbook.

As Waldo (and others) said, you'll need an emulator for the intel.

katana
11th Oct 2007, 13:38
It's the company who should be pressuring Jepps to get it to work on Mac, not us untermensch.

After all, they're the customer; and I bet they pay top dollar for it too.

Captain TOGA
6th Jan 2008, 12:38
Jizz,

No problem with mine... just go to stiles and download the required patch...

dhoonk
6th Jan 2008, 14:04
>No problem with mine... just go to stiles and download the required patch...

'stiles'? What's that?

kwachon
6th Jan 2008, 15:31
Cryten,

"mac" someone from Liverpool.

dhoonk
6th Jan 2008, 15:54
Oops! You folks are talking about Jeppview and I thought you were discussing Jeppesen e-Charts.

Sorry for the confusion!

MACH.88
9th Feb 2008, 06:04
Thanks Jizz,

That is good news! I was tired of switching my Mac to the Windows platform. And yes it is working on my Tiger just fine as well.

Cheers

Captain TOGA
9th Feb 2008, 12:28
Very poor performance with Tiger 3.0. I just re-installed the patch issued by Stiles.

Mr. Bloggs
9th Feb 2008, 12:39
Thanks Jizz.:ok:

GlueBall
9th Feb 2008, 13:59
jrsanch . . .works ok on my VISTA laptop. Check your RAM and be sure to have at least 1 Gig or better.

hansraj
30th Apr 2008, 14:13
@jizzmonkey
the link u have given doesnt look like that it works. It comes up with wrong username and password when we try to enter JeppiCharts and JeppiCharts1