PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Guild of Pilots!

ZAZOO
4th Oct 2007, 23:20
NIGERIA PILOTS GUILD

How about it guys, have had this thought for some time now, I feel it would be a start, a Guild to recognise, address, and represent all Nigerian Pilots.

Had a chat with a few of the guys in Lagos and the feed back was positive, also spoke to two highly respected pilots who recently joined the NCAA from B3 and Changchangi and told me it was about time.

New generation of pilots out there now and more coming in, I feel we need to associate and form a solid body.

Let me know your opinion on this, I am open to suggestions.

Longjohnthomas what you say.

Zaz

LongJohnThomas
5th Oct 2007, 00:47
Zaz.
I am honoured that i'm your first choice for an opinion.
I agree it's about time, but the again, like you just said, the men from B3 and Chanchangi????? Hmmmmmmmm????:ugh:
The ex-cons of WT???? I doubt that!!!!:mad:
They are all talk and no action, being that they've reached the end of the road and achieved nothing! Dont get me wrong, but if you allow them in, forget it! Its usually about command and control for them even in their homes.
Sorry man, i dont think it'll work! We are generally are too selfish to allow a brilliant plan work!:=

taperlok
5th Oct 2007, 12:44
sounds too above board for Nigerians. Have a look at BCC news and see what these fine gentlemen are up to with credit card fraud

BALEWA
5th Oct 2007, 13:14
Best thing I have heard in a long time zaz, PM me what you got in mind.

LJT, the WT guys are on their way out bros, I think we should give it a try.

Taperlok you mean this program on the BBC

BBC documentary Britain rigged election before Nigerian independence

Hey guys do a search on the above title and check out our oyinbo friends corrupt system. Oh dear me;)

B

TomBola
5th Oct 2007, 19:05
Balewa,

Why do you try to cheapen this thread with meaningless references to soemthing which happened more than 47 years ago? Nigeria has been in charge of its own destiny for more than 47 years now. Grow up and learn to live with it. What you have posted has nothing to do with a Nigerian Guild of Pilots and it's already evident if the posts on this thread show what's in store, as has been said it's unlikely to work as mentioned by LJT.

ZAZOO
6th Oct 2007, 17:27
I am overwhelmed by the responses regarding the Guild in my private mailbox and will reply everybody as soon as I can.

So, it looks like its a go, I have already asked a lawyer to look into the establishment and registration of a Guild and should have a response soon.

Once again thanks and fingers crossed.

Zaz

PS: Balewa check your PM please, tried to call you all day.

Prince737
7th Oct 2007, 12:16
Hello Guys, i've once taught of this. this is a good stuff. especially wit the growing rate of our aviation industry.

Prince737
7th Oct 2007, 12:18
I can say i'm proud to b a Nigerian, i think it's high time we unite together and let the world knw that we're good guys.

BALEWA
7th Oct 2007, 13:35
Well done zaz:ok:

TomBola

It is you and your fellow oyinbo that try to cheapen this thread with meaningless references, I suggest you grow up and learn to live with the fact that the likes of you and taperlok will not be part of the goodtimes rolling in here in lagos, and you tactfully try to put down anything we try to do in that direction:*

Quote on this thread by TomBola

"it's already evident if the posts on this thread show what's in store, as has been said it's unlikely to work as mentioned by LJT."

This is what you really came on this thread to say TomBola, and you felt that my reply to taperlok was cheap, So, TomBola his comments about fraud etc was inline with Zazoo thread here eh, realy Sir you must think we are just plain stupid aviators here in Nigeria abi, ole, please keep your fool:mad:h remarks in your house:=

Believe me its working and in full motion and I am extremely delighted.

Bring it on.

TomBola
7th Oct 2007, 14:43
Balewa,
It is you sir, who are the fool, with your stupid racist remark about :mad:. My house is here in Nigeria and I have probably been an aviator here for far longer than yourself. I notice that you have not made stupidly racist remarks against LJT, who's view I was quoting, (probably) knowing him to be a Nigerian. You know nothing about me and if you think that I am an :mad:, then you will never know me if we have the misfortune to meet. I may have received my secondary and tertiary education and aviation training outside Africa, but that is as much as the likes of you needs to know about me. It is belligerent people such as you, who bring some Nigerian aviators into disrepute.
Zazoo, for whom I have the greatest respect, is one person who could bring this off. However, to say that it's working and in full motion is also quite inaccurate. Even Zaz says that he has "contacted a lawyer to look into the establishment and registration of a Guild and should have a response soon". This could scarcely be construed as everything working and being in full motion, though it's obviously got off the starting blocks.
Good luck to all those who intend to join the Guild. I hope that cool and calm counsels will prevail if you are to have any success in dealings with management. At the end of the day, it is not he who shouts loudest who will win over his point of view, but he who puts forward the best-reasoned argument in favour of his case.

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Oct 2007, 16:11
No need to rip each other apart, gents. Anything that will make aviation safer and a better career option is welcome. A bit of unity never hurt and if NGA can achieve that and give the flight deck crew a united voice, that will only be to the benefit of all.

MD12
8th Oct 2007, 09:09
Guys check the news at www.african-aviation.com, the article with the subject "World Bank provides US$46.65 million for Nigeria under the West and Central Africa air transport safety and security program"

Very good news for Nigerian Aviation. Congratulations to all of you.

Full hope
8th Oct 2007, 09:21
:ok::ok::ok::ok:

LongJohnThomas
8th Oct 2007, 10:36
Tombola and Balewa,
I wonder how a simple gentlemanly conversation can degenerate to something as ugly as you two are exchanging?:=
Please take it easy guys, we're not here to fight, but, to look for ways to improve our lives in the industry.
Zaz,
Pls PM me with details of what you've done so far. If i can be of any help, i'd be glad.
Though i have my reservations, i never categorically stated that it wont work!
It could if the right people head it! Nothing is impossible.:ok:

mademan112
8th Oct 2007, 13:00
I would like to commend zazoo on his brillant idea on the establishment of the guild of airpline pilots in nigeria i feel its about time, things started changing in the aviation industry as aviators and future aviators i feel the strong need of such presence in our aviation industry,like my title says its a new beginining a new beginining to growth nd sucess in the industry, if we look far back back as 5 or 6 years ago the industry was nothing to write about yes we product most of the best pilots and aviators in the worlds i feel the strong need for us to come together under one body as a family to address and think of ways the aviation industry can experience growth and become a world class recognized industry,dear aviators we need not fight or exchange foul languages over this brillant idea we are all great men with visions positive visions and i think we should comment zazoo on his idea and also work with him in the quest to achive and bring the idea to reality

Flying Touareg
8th Oct 2007, 16:36
Zazoo, brilliant idea. I volunteer to be the treasurer/financial secretary:D

oyinbo
8th Oct 2007, 18:18
FT, you what to chop egunje, make we divide am OH.

I believe a guild was to be started about 10 - 15 years ago, but due to some decree that BABA (OBJ) had put in place years back, pilots/engineers were lump together to form NAAPE.
It is well over due and hopefully the Guild will be able to look after pilot’s interests only. Contact a Capt Adeola he could maybe give you all an insight in the problems trying to register it years back

Good luck Guys you get my support

ZAZOO
8th Oct 2007, 22:07
Flying Touareg brilliant suggestion, if we can put this together be ready to contest for the post cos I will nominate you bro ;)

LJT hi, will PM you when I get a reply from my lawyer pal, I feel the Guild is not going to be as big a deal as compared to registering an association!

Will keep everyone who has shown interest updated as we get along.

Flying Touareg
8th Oct 2007, 22:27
Oyinbo
I believe a guild was to be started about 10 - 15 years ago, but due to some decree that BABA (OBJ) had put in place years back, pilots/engineers were lump together to form NAAPE

As long as the guild will not be a trade union, there wont be a problem.Zazoo, please take note and if possible clarify to us if the guild will just be a forum where we can offer suggestions and advocate for changes to policymakers(deaf ears of course), network, help project the positive side of Nigerian Aviation,etc.AOPA in USA is doing a formidable job and it is not a trade Union. If i am correct Zazoo, we should be working towards having something AOPA like? But as a trade Union, hell no, the Tingods are still lurking.

Cheers

Catpit
9th Oct 2007, 01:34
mademan112

Are you forgetting something here ? There are also several excellent female pilots in Nigeria.:)

LongJohnThomas
9th Oct 2007, 02:31
Catpit,:eek:
And whoever said the guild was intended for male pilots only?:ugh:
Your screen name suggests quite a bit mate!:oh:

B Sousa
9th Oct 2007, 03:45
I volunteer to be the treasurer/financial secretary

A letter sent out recently or what??

"Better yet, I will volunteer to help out with the financial prospects. Please send your banking information along with the accounts and passwords. I will make sure and deposit 18,000,000 Zim dollars immediately after acessing your accounts.......yada, yada yada"

Gen. NoBelly ToBig
Nigerian Army"

Catpit
9th Oct 2007, 04:50
Just noticed that "mademan112" in his comment was talking about "us men". Sorry, if I've offended you.
Keep smiling mate:) and safe flying !

Tokunbo
9th Oct 2007, 05:37
In the UK there is an organisation called the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators. Their stated objectives seem admirable and could be easily adopted to here:

It is a body of people interested in every kind of flying; whether it’s light aircraft for pleasure or sport, whether it’s commercial, passenger or service; and who want to talk about flying and improve the techniques of flying and of airmanship.

Of course, other bodies exist to look after the different divisions of aviation but the Guild exists to bring all pilots and navigators together whatever division they be in. It’s more than a club because it has a more serious purpose.

The Guild is concerned with every technical aspect of flying from safety to navigational aids from airport facilities to training methods and in particular with new developments in aircraft and their handling. It is a unique organisation, as its membership is restricted to qualified pilots and navigators and therefore it can truly claim to bring together the views and ideas of people who control aircraft in the air. Perhaps, the most important function of the Guild is to help set and maintain standards of conduct among flying people.

The Guild is not intended to be a lobby or pressure group and it does not function in the same way as the Airline Pilots Associations. However, that doesn’t mean that it will never offer considered advice if it thinks it necessary, and of course it is always ready to offer an opinion if asked for.’

For many members the particular strength and attraction of the Guild is its diverse spread of members and interests, together with an entirely non-political outlook and a constitution which forbids it from engaging in trade union activity.

The Guild’s constitutionally stated objectives are:

· to establish and maintain the highest standards of air safety through the promotion of good airmanship among pilots and navigators.

· to maintain a liaison with all authorities connected with licensing, training and legislation affecting pilot or navigator whether private, professional, civil or military.

· to constitute a body of experienced airmen available for advice and consultation and to facilitate the exchange of information.

· to strive to enhance the status of air pilots and air navigators.

· to assist air pilots and air navigators in need through the Benevolent Fund.

mademan112
9th Oct 2007, 09:47
sorry for the wrong statement if i made add i meant to say great men and women in the industry as we all know nigeria is so far one or if not the 1st african country to product the 1st youngest female pilot i think we should be proud of that

jammydonut
9th Oct 2007, 10:08
Perhaps this gentleman who mailed me today can help out:

We need a reliable partner that can be trusted with fund of $60 million dollars and will be able to do all neccessary negotiations on our behalf as our orientation in this area of investment is still elementary.

With your help we feel certain that our goal of building the biggest telecommunication and real estate in the globe would come to fruition as shown by your firm’s commitment to similar investments. If your interest in this proposal will be of mutual benefit,do not hesitate to contact us so that we can commence further discussions. Presently we base in Nigeria.

We look forward to a good business relationship with you.

Best Regards

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Jackson Gaius-Obaseki
Executive Director/CEO

hotmj43
9th Oct 2007, 10:14
Zazoo,
what ever the case we need a body that protects the profession,even road side Tyrefitters have a body that they all have an oligation to join.
We have to look forward.....and forget the past.Which SP you were in etc.
The Bottom line is we are all Nigerian Pilots,going through the same experiences of our Airspace.:ok::ok:

hotmj43
9th Oct 2007, 10:28
Well written Za:D:D:D:D

PLTFORLIFE
9th Oct 2007, 13:18
The Idea is an execellent one. But we have to put aside our over inflated EGOS and do this in the interest of our Nigerian pilots now and future unborn pilots. We owe them that. I am sure when this guild is formed, we will have the usual fights over who gets what position or who originated the idea. We have to move away from that if it will work.

ZAZOO
9th Oct 2007, 14:37
Tokunbo, thanks for that, great help myfriend :ok:

Ok fella's some input needed from everyone interested to see this work, whats your opinion, what do you think this Guild should stand for, what are we going to be involved in and what are we not going to get involved in!!!

Personaly I do not think we have to operate like a union to have a strong and attractive voice in our industry, I must say that is why I preferred the term Guild instead of Union or association.

In short, what should the Guild be in your opinion.

jagunmolu
9th Oct 2007, 15:30
Yeah,its a brillant idea,that was also mooted some years back,but guys with overbloated egos killed it,I hope that when this finally works out it will not be hijacked by selfserving knowalls,I guess the time is just right for this now and we would be battle ready to face the YURI GAGARINS and thier errand boys once again GOOD IDEA and KUDOS:ok::ok::ok:

NIJASEA
12th Oct 2007, 14:08
ZAZ good Idea its about time we got unified as crew, We seem to have trust in each others abilities but not on the ground as some friendly folks want to be financial guardians of the guild joke as they want we need to be wary as the leaders we appoint in the guild once started will be our representatives in all aspects especially on this thread...:hmm: Well once you get the feed back pls let us know we are here to support great ideas to benefit all. :ok:

Sgt.Peppeh
18th Oct 2007, 23:59
Nice idea,one day it will happen,but as some one said..look what they are doing with credit cards in London.

Is this the reason why I was told by my captain that I had to wear white gloves when ever I flew as a first officer ? and especailly so at night ?:confused: