PDA

View Full Version : USAF Civilian Flight Dispatcher Jobs

AWACS FE
1st Jun 2000, 07:33
This one is for our American viewers. The USAF is hiring 27 flight dispatchers beginning in September and based at Scott AFB, Illinois. The positions will be GS11/12 (starting $41,952/$50,279-St. Louis, Mo/IL area))and FAA dispatcher certification will be provided through USAF! Sheffield School of Aeronautics does the training at Scott. For those of you who don't know, Scott is the HQ for Air Mobility Command and all airlift/tanker movements are contolled from there. The job will obviously require a security clearance, but I'm not aware of what level. Lt Col Glenn Haneby is running the operation and is taking names and numbers at (618) 256-1958 (DSN 576-1958) or you can (allegedly)e-mail him at [email protected] My advice is to call him first and see if this what you're looking for....the military, even as a civilian, is not everyones cup of tea.

For our British viewers, I've read a lot of threads from people looking for ways to obtain the FAA Flight Dispatcher certificate. Obviously, travelling to the US for the training is an expensive option. My suggestion is then is to have Sheffield School come to you. They roadshow quite a bit and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to do UK gig and bring their own FAA examiner with them. Now, this is not something an individual is going to be able to afford (if one can, one would probably not be a dispatcher in the first place) but a company (Attn: Ops Mgr's!) or a private group of dispatchers could. For the different options, visit www.sheffield.com. (http://www.sheffield.com.) If you need to take the FAA written examinations in advance, they can be done on computer at American Aviation Service at Gloucester Airport (see previous thread).

Good luck
AWACS FE

[This message has been edited by AWACS FE (edited 01 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AWACS FE (edited 01 June 2000).]