PDA

View Full Version : Helitech 2007 incl photos

Paul Chocks
29th Jul 2007, 16:12
Can anyone tell me whether Helitech 07 is worth a visit for gaining employment (pilot)? I presume the event is primarily a trade show, but do all the big employers also have recruiters at the event?

I'm a shortly to retire military helicopter pilot and would like to distribute my CV to as many employers as possible. The chance to get some face to face contact with so many companies seems too good to pass up.

Curtis E Carr
29th Jul 2007, 17:33
As you rightly say, it is a trade fair, not a job fair. At the risk of gross over-generalisation, whilst there maybe a few operators present, it is mainly for the industry to sell products to the operators.

BRASSEMUP
29th Jul 2007, 17:40
Paul C.......

Jump in your car mate, with a suitcase and a box full of CV's plus a copy on a memory stick(good tip) and go visit the employers.:cool:

DirtyDitch
30th Jul 2007, 20:34
what hours on twins do you have? are you flexible in lifestyle? Do you have or can you get a civil IR rating. PM me if all fits.

212man
15th Aug 2007, 23:32
Is it too soon to start a thread asking who will be at Helitech (and arrange a few beers)? Should be there finally, after last two (1989 and 1995!)

Whirlygig
15th Aug 2007, 23:35
Not at all! I've already been gathering a few subversives for the last day, 4th!

Cheers

Whirls

slim40
16th Aug 2007, 09:28
Yep, hoping to fly in, although not sure what day yet. If not, I can drive in 50 mins or so if some idiot hasn't smashed something up on the A14- a very regular occurance on the Huntingdon to Cambridge stretch ;-)

Si

tomotomp
16th Aug 2007, 10:31
yep should be there not sure which day :ok:

ShyTorque
16th Aug 2007, 22:04
Best we keep away and leave 'em to it! :)

It's impossible for some to know days off this far in advance anyway.

Paulsddd
17th Aug 2007, 00:52
? is that helitech right place for looking and choosing the helicopter you want to buy ?

or its just about helicopter upgrade and stuf?

does thay have a lot of diferent models in there?

thanks
pauls

chopper2004
31st Aug 2007, 19:19
The Helitech website list all who is around and exhibiting but no mention of what aircraft on display!!!

I remember certain highlights of 2005 such as Bell 429 mock up, the EC-145 proposed police variant, Air Alpha Bell 222; Total Air Managements Schweizer 333 for powerline observation, new AW139 for Lufttransport.

Does anyone know what is on show?

Aser
1st Sep 2007, 10:14
I remember certain highlights of 2005 such as Bell 429 mock up, the EC-145 proposed police variant, Air Alpha Bell 222; Total Air Managements Schweizer 333 for powerline observation, new AW139 for Lufttransport.

Don't forget the 92 http://asermartinez.iespana.es/photogallery/photo12064/P9270073.jpg

2005 pictures http://asermartinez.iespana.es/helitech05/

Sioux4D
2nd Sep 2007, 23:21
Last went to Helitech in 2003, and 2001 before that, then numerous times when it was at Redhill (though was pretty young then ;-) ). Always good to go and see the impressive static displays and to meet true professionals from the industry. As an Avionic Systems Engineer who has been brought up in and around helicopters (first flew in an S76 before I could ride a bike!) and also desperately trying to break into the rotary world, Helitech is somewhat of a haven to me!

Anyone need any self loading ballast to help with the fuel charges/landing fees?!

Cheeky I know, but stranger things have happened....;)

Anyway, enjoy all who attend!

Pandalet
4th Sep 2007, 08:43
I'm rather hoping to go to heli-tech, first time for me. I'm rather hoping to fly, assuming I can get a helicopter for any useful length of time, probably on the 4th. I'll be flying either from Panshanger or Denham, so if anyone fancies a lift for split costs, get hold of me! Also, anyone planning to be there on the 4th and fancy being bought drinks in return for 'I remember when...' stories?

Is it worth taking some CVs along (mainly to say 'look out for me in a few years when I have my CPL')? Or is it better just to show face and shake hands? Any definate musts (or must-nots) while there?

I'm really more going for interests sake, as I'm not actually looking for work just now (pre-CPL), but thought I'd ask anyway, in case anyone has any suggestions :)

cptjim
4th Oct 2007, 16:14
Hi folks, :)

I was wondering if anybody had taken any photos from this years Helitech?

I'm keen to see if G-KSSH (Surrey HEMS MD902) was there as this months Police Aviation News mentioned a possible unveiling.

I would be grateful if anyone has any pics of G-KSSH or even any Helitech pics in general.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

CptJim :ok:

Barshifter
4th Oct 2007, 16:23
cptjim

Yes theres pictures check your PM'S

cptjim
4th Oct 2007, 16:28
Ooh goody, will do, thank you! :) :ok:

bell222
4th Oct 2007, 18:42
barshifter please could you share your pictures with us all thanks :ok:

Capn Notarious
4th Oct 2007, 19:27
Helitech was its usual high standard. Friendlyness all about: I had a 'may I help you.', from an owner Chairman: the other refreshing change, to have sunshine.
There were a significant numbers parked along flight line across the far side of the runway.

Barshifter
4th Oct 2007, 20:16
bell222

Sadly not my photos,but a link to a site which contains them.If you follow rufus.t.firefly's link and click back to the airshow photography section theres two more posts with Helitech photos in them.

Regards

Barshifter

rufus.t.firefly's link is deleted, for obvious reasons! Use PM's if you wish, but not an open post on Rotorheads.

Senior Pilot

Pandalet
4th Oct 2007, 21:50
One, extremely poor quality photo of the flight line, taken this afternoon, just before everyone left.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd140/alisonlloyd/IMAGE_00034800x600.jpg

Lots of R44s and MD500s. Definately great weather for flying!

ppheli
5th Oct 2007, 04:50
Photos of G-KSSH on this page (http://www.aeroboek.nl/900/00062.HTM)

rufus.t.firefly
5th Oct 2007, 08:39
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/GKSSH.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/IREDYPIC1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/IREDYPIC2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/S92.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/135pic1.jpg

Not quite sure why the link was deleted , so please find attach the originals
hope this is okay as they are my copyright.

Senior Pilot
5th Oct 2007, 10:26
Not quite sure why the link was deleted

Because it was to another aviation site. PPRuNe is not to be used to link to such sites :=

Thank you for your photos, I wish I'd been able to visit :ok:

Senior Pilot

rufus.t.firefly
5th Oct 2007, 11:27
Cheers SP

I'll post photos direct in future :ouch:

rufus.t.firefly
5th Oct 2007, 11:32
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/GCMBS.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/EC145.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/EINBG.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/GMPSA.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/GNIVA.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/N555WA.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/microlight/GLNAA.jpg

allanon1980
5th Oct 2007, 12:54
Ive pics of pretty much every heli there if anyone wants them pm me.

ShyTorque
5th Oct 2007, 16:39
I liked the BK117 C2. Ugly beasts though, aren't they?

Whirlygig
5th Oct 2007, 16:56
Where was that then? Must have missed it.

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
5th Oct 2007, 17:34
The registration was G-MPSA. Looks like a big bumble bee.

Whirlygig
5th Oct 2007, 17:45
Is that the BK117 that says EC-145 on the side?

Cheers

Whirls

scruggs
5th Oct 2007, 17:53
What's with the nightsun or equivalent (excuse my ignorance) on KSSH??

TtT,

KSSH used to be WMID, and I'm guessing that's equipment left on there...although I could be wrong.

Cheers

S

Thud_and_Blunder
5th Oct 2007, 17:55
TTT,
The role equipment will be left over from her previous incarnation as Miss Molly Collins AKA G-WMID. KAAT did the same (ie, left on some of the police role equipment) with their other helicopter - G-KAAT.
Whirls, you can paint what you like on the side but it's still the thing that Shy called it!

(damn, beaten during writing by the other fella!)

ShyTorque
5th Oct 2007, 18:02
Is that the BK117 that says EC-145 on the side?

Yes, it says BK117 C2 on the airframe registration plate, on the right hand rear fuselage. ;)

Simon853
5th Oct 2007, 19:57
All my Helitech (and museum) photos are here:
http://www.putfile.com/simonrobbins/images/151117

I'm not a great photographer though. Feel free to use them as you wish.

Si

PS. Highlight of my day was seeing a Catalina in the flesh.

bugdevheli
5th Oct 2007, 20:46
Whilst there were obviously many beautiful machines outside, the indoor section seemed to comprise of lots of stands occupied by well dressed salesmen doing what they do. As for items of interest for someone in the hands on engineering department there was little of interest. I would go as far as suggesting the show has deteriorated over the last few years, and i think this was evident by the low turnout on day one. There where more people in the museum wearing Helitech nametags than there where in Helitech Bug

CDME
6th Oct 2007, 06:54
Whilst there were obviously many beautiful machines outside, the indoor section seemed to comprise of lots of stands occupied by well dressed salesmen doing what they do. As for items of interest for someone in the hands on engineering department there was little of interest. I would go as far as suggesting the show has deteriorated over the last few years, and i think this was evident by the low turnout on day one. There where more people in the museum wearing Helitech nametags than there where in Helitech Bug

Bug - Actually you are very much wrong. The attendance on Day One was up about 25% on last time. The reason there were a lot of people in the museum area is because Tangent Link was running the various conferences associated with the show. For someone who exhibited at the show it was actually the best show ever in terms of worthwhile attendees and I know of many companies who did record sales of their products at the show.

CDME

PANews
6th Oct 2007, 11:21
Just to clarify why there are so many police looking bits on KSSH.

After it was withdrawn from police use it was stripped of the obvious police items and sent off to paint so it would be visually ready for Helitech.

If you look carefully you will see that the 'tray' [role pod] underneath is complete with such non-ambulance goodies as the four Tracker/Low-Jack aerials.

KAAT are not expecting delivery of the aircraft for another month [or so] pending the deroling and fitment of the HEMS fit.

For the record I do not recall G-KAAT at Marden having any reason to carry police role equipment from delivery. What has happened is that it has 'recently' started carrying an SX-5 searchlight. What might happen is that KSSH will revert to an SX-5 in place of the current [ex-police] SX-16 as part of the alterations to come.

Skidkid
6th Oct 2007, 20:42
Or,
Is it because PAS want to use it as a police 'spare' for as long as possible?

cptjim
7th Oct 2007, 00:27
Thanks everyone for posting links and pics of G-KSSH, she sure is a good looking bird!

Regards

Jim:ok:

PANews
7th Oct 2007, 07:43
skidlid.

No. Wrong colour.

I expect that full deroling [not just disconnecting a few wires and undoing a dozen bolts] was just held back by time available and the age old problem of getting enough engineers to do the job. If all of it is not stripped out it has payload issues.

BIGJOCK
7th Oct 2007, 13:56
Any idea who owns the 109 Grand ,I see its EI reg.Nice looking ship !

Bravo73
7th Oct 2007, 14:04
Any idea who owns the 109 Grand ,I see its EI reg.Nice looking ship !

According to the Irish register, it is:

EI-NBG 30/08/2007 H

ANSON LOGUE / WILLIAM MOFFETT

C/O GORE AND GRIMES
SOLICITORS
CAVENDISH HOUSE,
ARRAN COURT
SMITHFIELD, DUBLIN 7

AGUSTA A109S

Skidkid
7th Oct 2007, 18:18
PANews

I doubt whether the "wrong colour" would put off a police ASU that was urgently in need of a spare. An available MD902 in police fit is a rare commodity at the moment and I'm sure would be lapped up whatever the colour. There are still some ASUs that don't use the now traditional blue/yellow colours.

Temporarily covering up the "Air Ambulance" sign is an easy process which PAS has used many times before. The old PAS BO105s continually flitted from one role to another with the use of stick-on signs.

With regard to lack of time and engineers, the removal of the belly role-pod is easy and takes little engineering time. It is just a case of "disconnecting a few wires and undoing a dozen bolts"; PAS Projects Department designed it that way. The removal of the Nitesun is even quicker.

The role-pod and Nitesun would have to have been removed for the re-spray anyway, so why spend extra engineering time in re-fitting them unless they wanted to use them again?

quichemech
7th Oct 2007, 18:57
PA News
The nightsun fit on G-KAAT is hardly recent, I think you might find that it has always been on there, or was fitted not long after delivery :rolleyes:

bell222
7th Oct 2007, 20:36
further to quichemech the sx-5 was originally fitted as stated when G-KAAT was in its previous reg no G-PASS for sussex police

PANews
8th Oct 2007, 14:14
To take your points in order Skidkid...

I doubt whether the "wrong colour" would put off a police ASU.

Wrong colour should. Thats why they are blue and yellow - a Home Office requirement after all. Lets call it a 'deterent' to using KSSH then. The Met wanted to retain the difference represented by the 'jam sandwich on white' of their AS355N's but were over-ruled - as were Western Counties who wanted a snazzy scheme for their EC135.

Yes, if there was an urgent need of a spare it might be used but as I would guess that KAAT want it asap they might be displeased if PAS were to just put it back together for another operator. Hardly good customer relations when that customer has agreed to await the completion to a set timescale. Anyway, although I am not in possession of the work sheets I would expect that very soon KSSH will not be an MD902 in police fit, rare commodity or not.

Yes, there are still some ASUs that don't use the now traditional blue/yellow colours but that is mainly because their aircraft have not been repainted since new.

I am not arguing about the removal of the belly role-pod being easy and takes little engineering time. BUT.... if what has to be done to KSSH is simply "disconnecting a few wires and undoing a dozen bolts" then why is it scheduled to take a month? If it takes a month to de-role to ambulance then perhaps it takes a month to re-role it for a 'police spare' ? Spare aircraft by definition need to be capable of multi-tasking, air ambulances do not.

I assume [dangerous word I know] that to occupy themselves for a whole month [when the paint job is already done and dusted] that in addition to some level of service they will be extracting all that weighty gear out of the by the back door and all the EMC causing police role cable ... less the searchlight as they clearly have a use for it. All about weight, payload and performance.

G-KAAT was never to my knowledge dragged back from the customer to serve as a police spare by PAS in seven years. The Wiltshire [dual-role] aircraft is a different kettle of fish and that is occasionally dragged back to suit PAS. Also I know PAS have occasionally prevailed on customers to use their aircraft by arrangement as a demonstrator, the static park at Helitech showed examples of that. But that is not exactly acting as a spare for another customer.

bugdevheli
8th Oct 2007, 21:19
CDME I expressed an opion based on visits to previous Helitech exibitions and the comments made by a number of engineers who visited the show and like me have done so for many years. Whilst the sales side may well have been a success, the show from the engineers point of view was bloody awful. Engineers like new little inventions, bits of metal they can pick up and handle. prototype machines they can steal ideas off and occassionaly a salesman who does not talk complete bollocks . Bug.

Skidkid
9th Oct 2007, 01:03
PANews

The blue and yellow colours are only a Home Office requirement when Home Office money is being provided to purchase a new aircraft. There is nothing to stop a police service using an aircraft of any colour when Home Office money is not involved, particularly if it is only going to be hired on a temporary basis.

Do you actually know that "KAAT want it asap"? If so, why was G-KSSH sitting on the ground at Duxford last week with a police belly role-pod fitted? Maybe the lease agreement to KAAT has not started yet. You have already said that, "KAAT are not expecting delivery of the aircraft for another month [or so]...". G-INFO shows that G-KSSH is still owned by PAS, so I assume that PAS are entitled to use it as they require, including using it as a police spare.

You are assuming that it will take a month to de-role/re-role the aircraft but I doubt whether this is the case. All of the "weighty gear" such as the police camera system, video recorder, ops console etc can easily be removed within a couple of days. Virtually all the electrical connections are via quick disconnect plugs and sockets.

If I was a decision maker at PAS, I would retain the internal wiring looms so that the aircraft could be used for multi-tasking in the future if necessary. Pulling a few circuit breakers would isolate the police role wiring and prevent any EMC problems. The weight and CofG penalties would be minimal.

I doubt that the Wiltshire aircraft is ever "dragged back to suit PAS...". I am sure you will find that Wiltshire Police allow PAS to use it on occasions, no doubt in exchange for some remuneration or other favour.

Captain-Beanie
9th Oct 2007, 09:03
Did any one get any pics of G-BXRY arriving?

quichemech
9th Oct 2007, 12:22
PA News,

why do you seem to turn any thread that talks about PAS or 902s into a bit of a bashing session?:ugh:

Is there some sort of adgenda you're working too?:=

bell222
9th Oct 2007, 14:07
here here

Skidkid
9th Oct 2007, 14:23
PANews

Well well, Bryn, I've just found this article taken from the October 2007 edition of 'Police Aviation News', edited by yourself!

The new Explorer helicopter c/n 0062 G-KSSH [ex-West Midlands Police GWMID] is expected to enter service some time after Helitech, perhaps as late as November.

PANews
9th Oct 2007, 16:15
Yes skidlid.... written by me....

The two points are the same.... 'as late as November'. No shock horror job here.

And both comments [here and there] relate to two conversations I had with the CEO of KAAT as to their expectations for delivery. Not sure why that is supposed to be such a big deal. Certainly not sure what or whom I am supposed to be bashing, certainly not KAAT or the aircraft.... someone thrown a wobbly out there?

There is thick skin, thin skin and no skin here from quichmech. Just stating what I knew to be a fact based on one reasonably important source. And no I didn't ask him any further detail, nuff said on the subject.

G-KSSH was sitting on the ground at Duxford last week with a police belly role-pod fitted for the reasons I gave, it was not role changed to ambulance. That seems to be a fact whether the wires are in or out.

Maybe the lease agreement to KAAT has not started yet? Well I thought there was a leased BO105 aircraft at Dunsfold? That fits the bill doesn't it? So the basic lease has started and KAAT EXPECT TO TAKE DELIVERY OF KSSH IN NOVEMBER. Clearly there will be different costs... so perhaps there will be a new lease created to replace the BO105 lease.

Perhaps rather than knocking the guesses you can enlighten us with chapter and verse then?

dr atkins
9th Oct 2007, 18:35
Quiche/Skidkid, don’t knock PAN !!!! If all he has to comment about is a couple of Lo-Jack antennas then I think things are going really well. Obviously he has decided to back off MDHI bashing and go for PAS’s throat instead.:ugh:

Why isn’t G-KSSH going out till November? Well it’s not due to lack of engineers, there’s buckets of those. Why does it still have a belly pannier? Showing your lack of knowledge here PAN but “A belly pannier does not a police aircraft make”, any helicopter can have a pannier and KAAT still want to use the Skyshout, HISL and Nightsun as they do with G-KAAT. It doesn’t weight that much anyway so it may as well stay. Will it ever be used in the police role again? Never ever, just like G-KAAT which incidentally still has the old camera looms fitted and colour has nothing to do with it as G-YPOL is almost identical.
All I can say is the reason is out of PAS’s, KAAT’s and even my hands. Why was East and West Mids new police aircraft delayed so long leaving one unit without air support for weeks? Was it Macs fault? Nope. Sometimes third party equipment takes time to get hold of as Macs found with the camera system.

As for the lo-jack antennas, I’ll chop them off with an axe tomorrow just to keep PAN happy.;)

Dr A

PANews
9th Oct 2007, 20:09
Aha, thanks for the tirade there Dr A, so I am wrong all along and the delay is all about late availability of the medical fit.

There that didn't hurt did it?

Skidkid
9th Oct 2007, 21:17
dr atkins

Many thanks for your post and all is now clear.

PANews

Certainly not sure what or whom I am supposed to be bashing...

It is well known in the UK Emergency Services Aviation community that you have been "bashing" PAS, MDHI and the MD902 for many years. It dates back to at least 10 years ago when you were publishing 'Police Aviation News' (PAN) in a paper format. I have no idea why you do it but, as a result, most people that I know within the industry - pilots, engineers, police officers and medical staff - treat your publication with a certain amount of suspicion.

As editor of PAN, you presumably want your publication to be highly respected, be read with interest, and be an authority within the community. If this is the case then you, as editor, must remain neutral in your opinions and publish only the facts. Otherwise, you will end up like many of the UK Sunday tabloids and be treated as a comic.

If you sign in on PPRuNe as PANews, then people on this forum will know who you are and expect your views to be those of your publication. If you don't maintain the same neutrality and adherence to facts, then your publication will suffer.

In a post on this thread you say that your information is,

based on one reasonably important source. And no I didn't ask him any further detail...

You are, presumably, referring to your conversations with the CEO of KAAT. Would it not have been a good idea to ask him for the further details? And, would it not have been a good idea to contact PAS and ascertain the other side of the story? A responsible editor would have done so; or is it because of your dislike of PAS that you didn't do so?

Your posts use phrases such as,

"I expect that" - "What might happen" - "It might be used" - "I would guess" - "They might be displeased"

Would it not be a good idea, as a responsible editor, to state the facts and not guess or speculate?

This forum revolves around rumour and speculation and long may it continue. But, the vast majority of the contributors are not editors of responsible aviation publications. If you wish to rumour and speculate, why not sign in under another anonymous name? Otherwise, PAN will suffer even more than it does now.

PANews
9th Oct 2007, 22:04
Firstly you take on a mantle that could well be an editor .... yes we know I am one because I have no sneaky title [nor would I consider posting on Pprune using one]. Thought about that years ago and decided against it.

PAN is my publication and you take it as you wish. I do my very best to ensure that what appears there is the best I can do. Sometimes I am duped. [Unlike some] I make no claims to know it all, never have done - although plenty seem to believe that I have to be better than everyone else.

What appears here I stand by. When I write phrases like 'I expect that" - "What might happen" - "It might be used" - "I would guess" that is a clue that I might not be being pedantic about what follows. Remove those words then you have a right to suggest that I am telling porkies.

Pprune is freehand. I do NOT go away and spend six hours researching before uttering a word then wonder why the World has passed on. Like you I guess I take it from the recesses of my brain raw, no spell-check, no dozen rewrites [yes just like you in fact].

So, if I do not know I am now forbidden to openly speculate?

So what is this breed apart that cannot openly speculate in our society? Are we playing Animal Farm? What is Pprune. One thing for you and one for me?

Nuts.

Bashing MDHI?

Oh yes, I bashed MDHI hard and long but it was muted when set against what I THOUGHT I knew and was researched before launching. And I was pretty much right and on the button. Eventually pretty much everyone sang the same song. But that was yesteryear and grown ups forget that - dont they?

So now? Well I would not say the 902 is absolved, but its coming along reasonably well and barring the loss of 10 years research is set to give the others a run for their money in the timescale set by MD. And that means recovery not really starting till early next year, so if there are gripes to come it will be after the team fails to meet stated 2008 targets.

No aircraft is perfect.

quichemech
9th Oct 2007, 22:27
No aircraft is perfect.

Finally!!!!!:D

It surely is about a level playing field, something you have failed to play too!:ugh:

As an aside,

To easy PAN!!! So very easy:rolleyes::ok:

PANews
9th Oct 2007, 22:35
But...

I have sung that song many times before! Honest!

The 'trouble' is that most readers tend to read the bits about themselves three times and then read the rest quickly... and yes I read my postings ten times and yours only twice...

Human nature!

Must get myself an 'ology BA!

Senior Pilot
10th Oct 2007, 10:38
Gentlemen,

Please play the ball, not the man := Keep the comments about each other within the guidelines, this is too good a thread to spoil and have to be moderated.

Thanks

Splot

heli1
10th Oct 2007, 16:27
Golly...I'm late coming to this thread but want to go back a few pages to the attendance.As an exhibitor for many years I am quite sure attendance WAS down on Day One,whatever spin put on by the organisers.Clues ?l
Less than half the usual coffees given away by McAlpine ,Shop sales by the Helicopter Museum down by half and Show Dailies ,thrust on everyone coming through the doors ,also well down. compared with previous years.It got better on Day Two ,which was particularly good and even Day Three seemed better than usual.Obviously the weather played its part and the total helicopter fly in visitors over the three days was about one third of 2005.
P.S. The conferences weren't exactly busy either !

PANews
10th Oct 2007, 23:42
I heard the various 'not so busy' pointers too - clearly Show Daily did not come out of their den and have a look.

Cannot be sure but perhaps there was an accidental mutual decision by many attendees to miss first day because it was found to be too busy in 2005.

I guess there is a danger that the organisers will see a commercial need to raise the numbers above the 2005 level. Potentially a dangerous thing to do?

Does everything have to grow year on year or is quality far more important?

My vote is for quality.