PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling crew ? Any value ?

PETER_US
31st May 2000, 21:11
I am part of a company delivering software solutions for automated crew scheduling (optimization). In my opinion it can be of considerable value, already starting at companies from size of 10 planes. Clearly the bigger size, the more it brings in !

What can you give me as feedback ? Any good software found ? At what companies is it working fine ? Where is it bought (from which companies) ? Do you know about the bad crew scheduling examples ? Is the cause the scheduling people or the scheduling software or both ?

Anybody to judge or answer ?

cj
1st Jun 2000, 13:22
Not sure I have quite grasped where you are coming from in terms of what info you are seeking to extract.

There are various software packages available. If any problems are experienced, or the software fails to perform then you go back to the supplier for them to correct the matter.

What is it you are offering?

PETER_US
2nd Jun 2000, 20:13
Our offer is software for Crew Planning and Rostering. It covers Long Term, Short Term and Operations Control. Market share is still weak.

I'd like more information of other companies delivering and experiences from business. I am sure you all know much more as I do.

I know about Sabre, Mercury, ORTEC and AIMS.

For what I can learn. Great !

You splitter
2nd Jun 2000, 22:00
I believe Monarch use a system called Acrobat? Only seen basic demonstration of it at the moment.

Should be getting to know it a lot better, so rumour has it.

Anyone know of it. Comments?

JB007
2nd Jun 2000, 22:31
EasyJet have just disposed of acrobat for AIMS, give them a call for any info.
I don't think it's too bad, EZY have out grown it and it's certainly cheaper than the market leaders i.e AIMS etc etc

------------------
"My Name is Pussy Galore"

"I must be dreaming"

cj
5th Jun 2000, 12:29
Peter_Us
Most the of crew management packages available include crew resource planning.
Does your package have name or website to have a look see?

You splitter - e-mail me if you want info about acrobat - know it extremely well.