PDA

View Full Version : 1time cant pay its pilots

NoTime
3rd Oct 2007, 18:23
For the third time this year, 1time has not pay its pilots at the end of the month. Nine Captains wasnt paid this month. When an airline doesnt have the money to pay its key staff, it normally means the beginning of the end for the airline. Judging by what is happening at the moment, no paying staff, bad maintenance, lots of technical delays, overworked crews, I think they are about to go bang! Mr O needs to learn how to treat his staff properly before he worries about the other airlines!

countingteeth
3rd Oct 2007, 19:07
The way I understand it, this thread should be "Amico paid nine pilots 1 day late" ;) Hardly newsworthy! The pilots that were not paid were all sub-contractors. ALL 1time employees, including ALL pilots directly employed by 1time, were paid as per usual.

Here is what really happened :

There was an "admin glitch" that lead to the Accounts Payable dept not issuing a checque to Amico for services rendered.
There cheque was eventually issued a working day late, which translated into Amico paying some (9) pilots on the 2nd instead of the 1st.
The admin clerk responsible for the fluck up was sufficiently bogged on by all and sundry.
Gavin Harrison sent an email to everyone effected explaining the problem.
Everyone was paid by the 2nd.
This is the second time this has happened, not the third.Having said all this, I think its p155 p00r that this has happened. As a listed company, 1time should not make stupid mistakes like this that can shake investor confidence in them. They have got to lift their game at an administrative level. An admin clerk forgetting to pay people because she is "waiting on documentation", or whatever bad excuse, is simply not good enough... Bad, but I certainly don't think its spells the beginning of the end of the airline. Happy Flying ;)

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Oct 2007, 21:49
Interesting monicker, NoTime. Axe require a bit of grinding perhaps?:hmm:

Avi8tor
3rd Oct 2007, 22:04
lol....lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story now.

WhinerLiner
4th Oct 2007, 04:29
When was the truth ever a major consideration on pprune anyhow?

I heard that half their aircraft are flying without wings and their gear struts are filled with jelly babies 'cause they can't afford nitrogen.......

nugpot
4th Oct 2007, 08:46
their gear struts are filled with jelly babies

You see, they provide for sustenance if the a/c has to land off-base.