PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air centre

Irish26A
3rd Oct 2007, 16:13
could anyone please give me information on naples air centre whos has past esperience with them or heard anything good or bad about the training there.
thanks

CAT3C AUTOLAND
3rd Oct 2007, 19:10
You might want to do a search on this one mate, there is a lot of information on these forums.

CPT.K
4th Oct 2007, 18:06
I flew with NAC in Florida in 2004 I was very happy with the planes and the service I received with them.
If you don't have a FAA license you have to go to the FBO in Miami and then do a BFR check with a instructor at NAC, then you can hire and fly.

OrrA03
4th Oct 2007, 20:51
I would reccommend Europe-American Aviation instead...just around the corner and a different league to NAC. You will pay a little more, but it is worth it!!

Tex®
8th Oct 2007, 14:17
Europe American Aviation, yeah : sad they do not offer JAA training...Their name is somewhat misleading in this sense...

B2N2
8th Oct 2007, 19:19
Their name is somewhat misleading in this sense...

No it's not...:)
Owners/management are European, several instructors are European and half the students are....:ok:

Willing to sell soul
9th Oct 2007, 13:30
Had a very good experience doing hour building with NAC back in September 2003. The staff are all very friendly and make you feel right at home. Naples is a really nice airport to fly from and the town is very affluent.

Not sure if things have changed much since I was there...but based on my experience, I would definately recommend NAC.

Best of luck!
WTSS
:ok:

t_boy
11th Oct 2007, 14:58
does anybody have any experiance with the accomadation n.a.c provide?i am also looking to join this school early next year,but alot of peoples experiances with them have been from years ago...i suppose things change!?!!
oh and does anybody know what the procedure is for going to the u.s.a with a jar ppl,..do you have to convert to an faa ppl to fly??
thx a mil!!

dartagnan
11th Oct 2007, 17:40
to convert your JAR ppl to FAA, all you have to do is to go to an FSDO(call them for an interview), and they will issue same day a validation.

and it's FREE!

cirruscrystal
11th Oct 2007, 17:50
:eek:AVOID NAC at all costs - an awful outfit in my opinion. You should read these forums - some consistent strong opinion against NAC on here, disregard at your peril!

cirruscrystal
11th Oct 2007, 17:52
Might add - EAA are definately different league to NAC. Aircraft are spaceships in comparison and instructors experienced with a real care for students.

t_boy
12th Oct 2007, 20:52
when did you have this experiance with them cirruscrystal??unfortunatly i dont think eaa do an atpl program,are they jar approved at all??they do look alot better!

cirruscrystal
12th Oct 2007, 22:54
Was there in spring :eek: search the forums for them - you would be foolish to ignore the warnings. PM me if you want any further info.

paul k
13th Oct 2007, 18:34
I have used the search option and found lots of stuff on NAC. However much of it had to do with the full-time course. I am looking for newer info on the distance learning course offered. I am interested in hearing the oppinions of former and current NAC distance learning students.

Thanks,

PK

VORTIME
14th Oct 2007, 16:51
Flown with both. EAA are a different league.

Wait till you see their a/c - perfect. NAC are cost cutters.

VT

SD.
14th Oct 2007, 18:13
dartagnan wrote -

to convert your JAR ppl to FAA, all you have to do is to go to an FSDO(call them for an interview), and they will issue same day a validation.

and it's FREE!

That is incorrect. You need to follow the correct procedure to be able to fly over in the states on a foriegn license. Search on here to find the correct process. If you turn up at a FSDO unannounced expecting to get a temporary airmans certificate from them, you'll have a long flight back to Europe. :ok:

t_boy
14th Oct 2007, 20:50
are eaa jar approved?

B2N2
14th Oct 2007, 21:18
sad they do not offer JAA training...

Guess what I found 12 posts up....:ugh: