PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Technical Services Engineer Position

andy_ie
3rd Oct 2007, 15:29
Hey guys,
I have gave this forum a good search but cannot come up with any info regarding Emirates Engineering positions.
I have been invited over to DXB in two weeks for a psychometric test and an interview for a desk jockey job (Technical Services Engineer - Structures). I am looking for info regarding pay scales, benefits and general working conditions in the engineering department of EK. Also if anyone has any info regarding the psychometric test or any other related info that would be excellent.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Duxman
5th Oct 2007, 10:36
Hi, the psychometric test is a basic test asking you a question with 3 options to choose from example do you like Apples, Oranges or Bananas. Once the test is over you have a consultation with the psychotherapist to analyze your results, it's a painless exercise which takes about 3/4 hours.

With regards to pay scales you want to be looking for a E3 or TE03 grade that should give you about 14,500dhs/month which doesn't include exchange rate protection or transportation allowance.

Also, go for company accomodation, unfurnished. This means you can take the furniture allowance and buy what you want, the allowance equates to approx 4K sterling. Rental of a 3 bed villa is very expensive, above the company allowance of 120K dhs/yr.

Don't know many people in that department but, i'm sure there won't be very many western people there. be prepared for a bit of a cultural shock.

If you want more info, fire away.

whizkid2003
19th Nov 2011, 12:55
Hi...i too recently applied for the technical service engineer position but so far havent heard back from them for over a month. Is this normal ? Also, what the recruitment process like ?

Whygaf
17th Dec 2011, 14:32
If it's a TE3 position you should be looking at 17000-19000 AED, how much depends on how short they are. Not sure if they get any sort of approval pay.

Won't repeat other benefits, but not mentioned is the fact that you get an allowance for kids education, doesn't cover it all, think i paid 15 000AED last year. No bills if in company accom other than phone/tv/internet, there is alimit on water/elec which is now 27 000AED, you may read that some people struggle with that number but most (90%) don't. Staff travel is economy/business if available, for self and immediate family.

As for the recruitment process, paint drys quicker!! Patience is the watchword.

Cap 77
19th Dec 2011, 06:01
My Dubai interview has been cancelled this past August and since then my status is "Under Review". Do you have a feeling that they are bringing their guys back from the outstations, or should I inquire about my status anyways? Have you seen any new guys joining Emirates lately? Thanks.

AOG Again
20th Dec 2011, 00:52
They are painfully slow, you only have to look at how long jobs are posted on the careers web page! Even jobs for more HR staff! so as they say 'patience is a virtue' I am on the list there too, get the emails then you hear nothing for months either way.:ugh: