PDA

View Full Version : N-registered Jets in UK / Europe

Barefoot Flyer
3rd Oct 2007, 14:08
Can anyone shed some light on flying N-reg jets in UK/Europe. I'm trying desperately to find an alternative to doing the JAR coversion. Is it realistically possible, and can anyone point me in the right direction of these companys or owners.

Cheers

themoonsaballoon
3rd Oct 2007, 15:00
Dont limit yourself to 'N' Reg with a little effort and a little validation you can fly 'M' and 'VP' reg aswell!!
TMAB

Barefoot Flyer
3rd Oct 2007, 19:55
please elaborate... The whole conversion loop holes baffle me.

julian_storey
3rd Oct 2007, 20:03
There are a number of regulatory authorities which will issue a validation to fly aircraft on their registry, based on an FAA licence.

Generally (eg. Manx, Cayman, Bermuda) the request for a validation will need to come from the owner or operator of a Manx, Cayman, Bermudan etc. registered aircraft - so you need to get a job first :)

Chippie Chappie
4th Oct 2007, 08:47
Hi Barefoot,

What they're trying to say is approach the operators about a job on N-, VP- or M-reg aircraft. If it's not N-reg, the operator will know how to assist you in getting a validation.

There are many of these aircraft around and if you can, get down to a place like Luton and knock on doors. Can't give you any more advice on that one, sorry. Maybe another PPRUNEr will be able to help.

On ANY non-JAA aircraft in a JAA state, you will only be able to fly private (Part 91). AOC work (Parts 135 & 121) is not an option for you as far as I am aware. Someone might say differently but I would be cautious and do your homework to see that it is legit.

Good luck,

Chips

nouseforaname
4th Oct 2007, 08:57
bearfoot check your pm's...

Barefoot Flyer
4th Oct 2007, 20:19
Cheers for the info guys, it sounds like it could be just the loop hole i'm looking for. Any suggestions on people/ companys that are worth contacting, and what requirements and conditions to expect?

1Bingo
3rd Nov 2007, 18:18
Subscribe to 'Climb to 350' Website to find N-reg opportunity in UK, Europe, and worldwide.

Check 6
3rd Nov 2007, 20:19
Database of foreign registered aircraft in the UK. (http://www.laasdata.com/fra/index.php)

Barefoot Flyer
4th Nov 2007, 10:10
Cheers mate,...bloody ledgend!

6th Nov 2007, 16:09
you are everywhere barefoot flyer, i'm exhausted just reading about it .... flying twins in oz, belting around africa, and now knocking on doors at Luton ..... good luck:ok:

Barefoot Flyer
7th Nov 2007, 06:40
Haha! Cheers mate, too many options!! I want to do some research before picking one!