PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES

scrummer
22nd Feb 2001, 05:24
Just to say thanks for all the info provided regarding DNATA/EMIRATES. Have been successful with the interview start out in Dubai on March 10.

ETOPS MAN
22nd Feb 2001, 08:09
Scrummer,
Congrates on the job, any chance on some details of what they offer at Emirates for Dispatchers.
IE what are the shift patterns/leave/accom/pay/travel etc......
I have sent my CV to them with no reply...
What are they looking for ie FAA Licence, many years exprience? Hope you dont think I'm being to nosey, but Dubai sounds like a place to be for a baking in the sun and sand.
Lucky Bugger!

ETOPS MAN..........

Whooaahh
22nd Feb 2001, 19:20
Well Done Scrummer!!

Nice one

Whooaahh!!!

JB007
22nd Feb 2001, 20:16
Congrats...

Have fun,
Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

Lozza
22nd Feb 2001, 23:26
All the best pal!
Who knows,may see you out there at some point-getting increasingly frustrated at LHR!!
Anyway,good luck,
Lozza

scrummer
24th Feb 2001, 18:07
Thanks guys,

Obviously i'm not working out there at the moment so I can only tell you a limited amount of info. Basically you're provided with your own accommodation, transport allowance and a salary of about£1000 sterling. You do a mixture of nights and days which isn't bad since the temps reach 150 degrees during the day. I'll get back to you guys as soon as i'm armed with more info. Just send me an E-mail

ETOPS MAN
24th Feb 2001, 23:21
A 1000 sterling? A month? Dosen't sound like very much..........I assume that is tax free!! What is the cost of living like up there I wonder?
Any one know?

mutt
25th Feb 2001, 10:47
Scummer

1000 quid a month, did you happen to look at the cost of living in DXB?

Mutt.

Blue Boy
25th Feb 2001, 10:49
Guy's,

The salary is certainly tax free. Cost of living is fair, much cheaper than the UK.

vipero
25th Feb 2001, 16:27
Mind the beach scrum, take enough water with you... Good luck, ciao
Paolo

p.s.
message for whoooa:
we got the deal pal, will contact you monday 26feb
ciao

ETOPS MAN
26th Feb 2001, 00:05
Scrummer, Correct me if I'm wrong, but what is the title of the position you have accepted with the Emirates. Surely they pay Flight Dispatchers more than a 1000 quid/mnth!!

Does your position include flight planning/briefing and flight watch? If it does, your working for lunch money my friend!

Plan Safe...........

scrummer
26th Feb 2001, 03:24
ETOPS MAN,
No it doesnt include any of the functions you listed. Your there just to check weight and balance and supervise turnround. Any further questions your best bet is to contact blueboy.

Scrummer

ETOPS MAN
27th Feb 2001, 04:53
Blue Boy,

Are you in the know re-working in Dubai.
I plan to transit Dubai in 4 weeks time, hope to visit the Emirates Operations dept.
Do you know who I should get in contact with to set this visit up!
Or is there any one out there who can help.

I am a Flight Dispatcher from Down Under with 6 years International Flight planning/briefing/flight watch experience.
ATPL Subjects, Commercial Pilots Licence etc.

Never seem to get a reply via the email, so thought it be best to visit these guys in person on my stopover.

Plan Safe........

mutt
27th Feb 2001, 13:54
ETOPS MAN,

Did you see the ad in Flight International for Dispatch instructors for Saudia?

Its also on www.climbto350.com (http://www.climbto350.com) posted 13 feb.

The money is definitely better than that shown above for EK.

Mutt

(Edited to get the date of the advertisement correct.)

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 27 February 2001).]

ETOPS MAN
27th Feb 2001, 20:38
MUTT

Thanks for the info, worth a shot!

Plan Safe........

lordflashart
28th Feb 2001, 20:26
Well done to scrummer as I sent in two c.v's and got no reply at all which probably sounds famliar to a lot of you. to blue boy well said about incentives being the right type but there are a lot of promises made at interviews that do not alwys come to be delivered when you walk through the front door to your new career.

Blue Boy
1st Mar 2001, 12:42
Scrummer: Well done again.

ETOPS MAN: No contacts in EK Ops, sorry can't help there. However, the position that Scrummer has got is as a 'Red Cap' as he correctly states - Supervising Turnrounds; W&B; gate management; no flight planning necessary, or any other form of 'Flight Dispatch' experience needed. That may, therefore, explain the salary.

Lordflashart, and all: The only thing that I was told about at the interview that didn't come true at first was the roster pattern. That has sorted itself out though. Everything else has turned to be as expected, or better. What more can I say. It is what you make of it. Off to the Irish Village now.......

BB