PDA

View Full Version : EK roadshow coming to HK

Blown Seal
3rd Oct 2007, 10:46
From the emirates website:
Information Sessions for Experienced Pilots-Singapore, Taipei and Hong Kong
Representatives from Emirates Airline will be coming to conduct information sessions in Singapore, Taipei and Hong Kong.
Details are:
Singapore Venue: Carlton Hotel,
76 Bras Basah Road,
Singapore
Time: Monday 8th October, 11.00am – 2.30pm
Tuesday 9th October, 10.00am – 1.30pm
Taipei Venue: Grand Hyatt Taipei,
2 Song Shou Road,
Taipei
Time: Wednesday 10th October, 10.00am – 1.30pm
Thursday 11th October, 9.00am – 12.30pm
Hong Kong Venue: Langham Place Hotel – Mongkok
555 Shanghai Street,
Mongkok,
Kowloon,
HK
Time: Friday 12th October, 10.00am – 1.30pm
Saturday 13th October, 1.00pm – 4.30pm
The information sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection program, the benefits of living and working in Dubai (including detailed information on our salary package and other associated terms and conditions) and some personal perspectives from a current Emirates pilot. We will also be available to speak to you following the presentation to answer any additional queries you may have about Emirates careers or living in Dubai.
We encourage you to attend one of the sessions to hear more about the benefits of a Flight Crew position at Emirates. Spouses are welcome to attend.
A representative will also be available to review your experience. If our criteria are met, an invitation to attend a selection program in Dubai will be extended on the day. We aim to have all interested candidates assessed prior to the end of November, dependent on availability.
We ask you to bring the following items:
1 passport sized photograph
A copy of your online application (if available)
Your original Licence and Medical Certificate
Verification of your flying hours (logbooks or certified statements
Due to high levels of interest expressed by candidates who are close to our minimum hours requirements, we will now accept and review applications from candidates for First Officer positions who do not yet meet our published minimum hours requirements.
Candidates who are up to 500 hours below total and/or multi-engine jet hours are invited to submit their applications and may be offered the opportunity to attend a selection programme in Dubai. Successful candidates must, however, meet published minimum hours requirements prior to joining.
Direct Entry Captain requirements remain unchanged.
We look forward to meeting you.

And Then
3rd Oct 2007, 10:50
Mongkok? You have to be kidding. If you want to poach me I'd prefer the Krug Room at the Mandarin Oriental.

Mongkok? :uhoh:

ACMS
3rd Oct 2007, 12:37
I think about 100 CX and KA Pilot's should go and really put the wind up NR.

What do you think boys/girls?:ok:

FlexibleResponse
3rd Oct 2007, 13:06
It won't hurt to listen to what they have on offer...

...in the end, it is all about the money and market forces.

Fly747
3rd Oct 2007, 13:13
They're bound to have spies there so the more of us turn up the better.

MinimaNoContact
3rd Oct 2007, 14:23
My guess that day will be full of HKE guys...

newbie1972
3rd Oct 2007, 18:33
Definitely worth a look. Got nothing to lose and you will have a chance at asking some hard questions without any obligation. Better to ask those more controversial questions now rather than at the interview in Dubai.

As I said - you got nothing to lose!

See you there!

fatbus
3rd Oct 2007, 18:54
Be sure and ask what the inflation rate is in DXB, they should say 15 - 20%and that does not include any drop in the US dollar. Remember that the video does not show the smog which is getting worst by the day and the traffic is down right deadly, do ask about the traffic

Bring Back The Biff
4th Oct 2007, 11:00
I can recommend the move from CX to EK.
Having been through the oppressive CX training regime, EK is a walk in the park - even enjoyable.
EK a complete shambles administratively of course, and management trying to screw us just like everywhere else, but if you can rise above that...
Definitely worth a look anyway!

pilotinasia
4th Oct 2007, 14:44
will be there to give it a shot ! good luck to everyone :ok:

Ron & Edna Johns
4th Oct 2007, 21:03
The Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok, is where the Qantas pilots slip in HKG. And in SIN, the Carlton is across an intersection from the crew pub.

So expect to have a few beers with your mates from Downunder afterwards! ;)

hongkongfooey
5th Oct 2007, 02:59
So expect to have a few beers with your mates from Downunder afterwards! ;) Yesterday 22:44

That would be the only reason I'd go :uhoh:

montz
5th Oct 2007, 05:00
anyone have any idea as to how a CPP-applicant could manage to get in unnoticed and attend this thing :confused:
thanks

HKG Phooey
5th Oct 2007, 05:21
it's your right to go..... stuff them just GO!

Harbour Dweller
5th Oct 2007, 05:24
Just go Montz... CX do not own you.

Guava Tree
5th Oct 2007, 05:26
So we will go to Shanghai Street to "take a look" and maybe end up being shanghaied ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghaiing
;)

montz
5th Oct 2007, 05:41
but guys how about this then? :confused:

We ask you to bring the following items:
1 passport sized photograph
A copy of your online application (if available)
Your original Licence and Medical Certificate
Verification of your flying hours (logbooks or certified statements

i don't have any of that (well, except for the photo, of course! :P)

thanks =)

beerboy
5th Oct 2007, 09:35
Just go along, what have you got to lose? all they can say is no thank you, and if you're not a pilot right now, they'll probably have another one of these things when you actually meet their requirements

rick.shaw
5th Oct 2007, 09:54
As Newbie said. Hit them up for any questions and try and get a reasonably accurate picture. Pay, promotion prospects, education, housing etc. There is nothing to lose. Might be a chance to get the logbooks up to date for a few too!!!

ChairmanBoysClub
5th Oct 2007, 10:33
Times are changing. What a laugh. See you chaps there. Would be good fun to see some of our management sluts rocking up as well.. :ok:
CBC

popodom
5th Oct 2007, 10:44
:ugh:My guess is the room won't be big enough - the cancer has set in and its no longer benign..:}

Flying Spag Monster
5th Oct 2007, 11:02
What a strange business we work in. If CX announced a road show in DXB the Middle East Forum would have a post exactly like this one and a crowd would attend. Perhaps that's worth thinking about for a few minutes. The Langham Place is also the EK crew hotel, so after the info session you could go to the bar and search out the EK crew and get a "different" perspective. Just a thought.

Guava Tree
5th Oct 2007, 13:06
Not "exactly like", because no direct entry captain in CX at this time.

Glass Half Empty
5th Oct 2007, 16:46
Well not until ASL is integrated!

montz
6th Oct 2007, 05:19
alright i guess i'll just go and give it a shot. if the worst comes to the worst, i won't be allowed in in which case i'll just go back home. i live only 10 minutes anyway haha ;)

thanks beerboy and rick.shaw!

fatbus
6th Oct 2007, 07:40
Do ask how many Dec's they are looking for. Last info(Jul ) stated by Ed was only a few IE @8 Dec's planned would like to hear what they are saying . 500 hunderd pilots next year and most are fo's, do the math for upgrades.