PDA

View Full Version : Chaos in Ontario

clunckdriver
2nd Oct 2007, 21:55
A heads up for any of you headed to Canada for pilot training, the Government of Ontario{Liberal} have in their wisdom decided to regulate flight training, this in spite of the fact that this is clearly a Federal responsibility , the result is that most schools are unable to offer comercial training to students, at the moment it looks like less than twenty schools will be left in the comercial level of training so heads up if you are headed this way. This is the nation which ran the BCATP and NATO schemes but it seems our Federal Goverment are letting the the Provinces take over, my own school is still giving beyond Private training but the costs, due to Ontario fees has gone up a fair bit.We have an election soon and the opposition will dump this stupidity if elected {the son of the leader is a Citation pilot} .

Zyox
3rd Oct 2007, 08:19
I thought this was a good thing because one of the end results was that the money you paid to do a commercial course became legally insured somehow and you couldn't get screwed out of it should the school decide some day to just close shop?

I went to a school over there which said they were going to be one of these new ones and while they said it was a bit of a hassle, something like that was the end result.