PDA

View Full Version : Aserca

Saturn
2nd Oct 2007, 14:58
Any info on this company?

jkieczka
4th Oct 2007, 06:25
Hi,

ASERCA Airlines flies a dozen DC 9īs across Venezuela and some caribbean destinations.

Main hub is in Maiquetia. ( Caracas )

To join ASERCA Airlines you need a venezuelan CPL /IFR (ME would be an advantage, though not many schools here have multi engine aircraft for training)

DC 9 type rating is done in Miami or Orlando, USA. Usually the cpmpany pays it. But some pilots had to pay it themselves, some careful.

_FLYBYHAND_
17th Oct 2007, 23:06
ASERCA Airlines or Aeroservicios Carabobo is a Venezuelan Airline today is #1 in Venezuela, started with 1 dc9-15 as a COMERCIAL AIRLINE ,before was a charter line.

Today Aserca Flies 17 DC9-30 routes across Venezuela, and some Caribbean Islandīs .

Excelent Pilots and Flight attendants Enviroment until i was there dont known now.????

Good to do some jet-time.:ok:

the problem maybe is that you have to deal with a poor maintenance and old airplanes....:bored:

chock2chock
5th Nov 2007, 00:50
Whats the hiring outlook like in Venezuela for a venezuelan? I know that there is a big aviation scene there. I don't know if the 'pilot shortage' crisis has hit there. I noticed a couple ads on volarenvenezuela.com. In fact, all the majors seem to have an ad for pilots there (don't know how old they are but they appear to be in the last 3-4 months. Aeropostal - their F/O minnimums appear to be 500hrs total; is this a self funded type rating scheme?

_FLYBYHAND_
13th Nov 2007, 01:50
There are a lot of chances

Aserca ,Aeropostal, Laser you can fly dc9

Avior B-1900 D and 737-200

Venezolana Jet Stream 41 and 737 - 200

Aerotuy Cessna Caravan

Barbara ATR 42, B 757

Conviasa- DHC 7 , Caravan, ATR, B737-300/200 and A340 but you have to be working with them ( conviasa) the whole contract otherwise the INAC will remove your rating from your licence :* thats because INAC AND CONVIASA = Goverment managed

the payment is very poor...........:yuk:
It works only to built some flying Hours and leave:8

Good Luck

chock2chock
14th Nov 2007, 14:58
I appreciate the info Flybahand:ok: