PDA

View Full Version : Interviews

Captain Chaos001
19th Feb 2001, 04:32
I have a couple of interviews coming up in the next few months for a dispatcher position with Easy Jet and Flexjet in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Can anyone shed some light on what if any type of questions may be asked ??

CC

vipero
19th Feb 2001, 10:57
"What a Slot is?"
"I don't know, but...Hello Helpdesk! Can I have an improvement?...You know, captain's wife is pregnant and he should be back home asap..."
Ciao and good luck
Paolo

"Flight Dispatchers tell pilots where to go"

[This message has been edited by vipero (edited 19 February 2001).]

Deep Float
19th Feb 2001, 14:02
Hahahaha!!!

OO-AOG
19th Feb 2001, 16:29
-What fleet do we operate?
-How many runways do we have here?
-Explain what's RVSM ?
-What's a 'Z' in field #8 of a flight plan?
-What is special on a flight plan for a flight bound to Russia

Those are some of the questions I had in interviews.

Good luck
Rgds from GVA
OO-AOG

PiperChauffeur
19th Feb 2001, 23:07
Captain Chaos 001
Is there any news in the rumour that EasyJet will operate out of Roskilde/EKRK near EKCH? I would wonder very much, coz when Ryan tried a couple of years ago, they were told that without an extension of the rwy and new security it wasn't possible to operate scheduled out of rke.

If you already are in dispatch, you'll know the answers for the interview.

PC

lalapanzi
20th Feb 2001, 03:55
CC001 - lets both hope that I am not scheduled for interviewing the next bunch of hopefuls. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

------------------
say it with icons!

Juliet November
20th Feb 2001, 07:56
Chaos,

I went for an interview with Flexjet some months ago. It was pretty straight forward with a rep. from Human Remains and the Dispatch Supervisor present. Usual questions (good / bad sides, expectations of the job, previous experience bla bla bla). Company is expanding and looks very promising if they can get European business folks to join the "share-a-plane" concept.

My interview stranded on the money thing; their offer was considerably less than present salery. Expect an offer around DKK 25.000/month including overtime and a pension scheme.

Good luck to you, if you need any information on Denmark and Copenhagen please drop me an email.

With regards to EZY operating out of EKRK / Roskilde I don't really think so. There are no adequate facilities for security / check-in / baggage reclaim not to mention the complete absence of a handling company. Then there's the rwy issue, not suitable for operating 737 jets although it is theoretically possible to land one there. Taking off might prove more difficult and would entail huge MTOW penalties.

EKRK / Roskilde is serving mainly as a GA airport to take the pressure off EKCH / Copenhagen Airport, especially with regards to pistons and flight schools. A number of smaller FBO operates out of EKRK, but no "real" airline.

CargoOne
20th Feb 2001, 13:34
Juliet November

ref runway at RKE. Maersk 737-500 is on regular service to FAE, where the runway is 4101ft only (compare with 5709ft at RKE).
some MTOW penalties probably will be in place, but not affecting payload. they need no full fuel tanks for typical RKE-Europe sectors.

Juliet November
22nd Feb 2001, 05:23
CargoOne,

If you change that to HUGE MTOW penalties, you'd be right on the money. Have done quite a lot of CPH-FAE flights for Maersk, and can hardly remember one where we didn't have to off-load cargo or mail in order to get the paperwork legal. Going back from FAE to CPH matters only got worse.

Atlantic Airways also operate CPH/FAE with a 146, but are still experiencing payload restrictions.

RWY info:

Roskilde
11/29: 1740M
03/21: 1500M

Vagar
13/31: 1250M

However, the runway issue will not be the major drawback. The lack of suitable facilities for passengers will be the major hurdle, and I don't see Copenhagen Airports investing in a new terminal to accomodate Easy, or any other pax carrier for that matter.

opswench
26th Feb 2001, 08:31
Captain Chaos 001, EZY is different from any other interview...aslong as U can build plastic tunnels and stay friends with the others building with U, U'r in! Oh, and have a personality..