PDA

View Full Version : Flight planning jobs ?

cyco
10th May 2000, 09:40
My wife and I are moving to old Blighty next year and I am after some good gen!

I am currently a Flight Dispatcher (Flight Planner) for an International carrier and would like to get some leads on positions in England.

Do carriers in the UK sub contract their flight planning out or do they carry it out in house ?

I would prefer something in the London area due to matrimonial pressure.

Any help is appreciated. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

VP8
11th May 2000, 04:43
I don't know if this is up your alley but SITA flight briefing are looking for bods in their ops department. The help desk is on 02082323520 and they are based in Isleworth (5 miles finals RWY27 LHR)

Good Luck

VP8

cyco
11th May 2000, 05:08
Thanx VP,

I am just trying to get a feel for the industry at this stage as we are looking 9 months away, a little early for applying, but never to early sow the odd seed !

VP8
11th May 2000, 09:03
Cyco
No probs on the time scale as they are usually recruiting most of the time for certain sections in the company..

Brgds VP8

Courtman
13th May 2000, 14:53
Britannia have their own Dispatch department which deals with all the long-haul flight planning. Also, within Ops there is the ATC Cell which flight-plans short-haul and controls the slots from Brussels. Worth a look, e-mail me if you want more info.

Doctor Cruces
14th May 2000, 02:54
Different outfits do different things.

The majors mostly do their own flt planning whilst others use Skyplan or Jeppessen near LGW, and as suggested already SITA.

Got Skyplans phone number if u want it, just e-mail.

Best of luck

JB007
14th May 2000, 03:49
Dr C / Cyco,

Skyplan no-longer exsist although the phone number maybe the same, now owned by another Canadian company and are called "Navtech".
All the internal positions have been moved slightly, I know the Ops Manager very well drop me an e-mail if you want to know who to talk to.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by JB007 (edited 13 May 2000).]