PDA

View Full Version : Farnair?

ETOPS MAN
17th Feb 2001, 22:24
Does anyone have any more information about FARNAIR Europe (Basel), apart from what is on their website with regards to duty ops jobs work and conditions?
With a pending interview I'm trying to source as much information on the company and really interested to know more.

[This message has been edited by ETOPS MAN (edited 18 February 2001).]

CargoOne
19th Feb 2001, 15:11
Yep. Farnair ops is a kind of disaster. We have operated on behalf of Farnair last summer. You know how it is funny, when acft arriving to some airport and then captain disovering, that no hanling, no fuel, no catering, nothing was arranged. Then, even two or three hours later Fairnair ops were unable to arrange it, until our own ops did it.
I heard they now looking to employ more people to operations. May be it will help.

The Groover
19th Feb 2001, 16:28
Is the position to be in BSL or RTM ???
All dealings with this company were not too good I'm afraid, although the chaps in RTM, are very switched on. RTM were supposed to be taking over their own flight watch, if this has happened then the company can only improve. I hear the turnover is pretty high in BSL, but I guess the amount of ads per year in Flight will tell you that.
Good luck,

The Grooooovemeister

ETOPS MAN
20th Feb 2001, 06:15
Thanks Guys, that is interesting, and yes I have noticed a few recruitment ads recently.
I guess I'll find out more first hand shortly
and see what's on offer?

Plan safe........

muhdzailan
25th Feb 2001, 16:33
A Farnair Airbus 300 aircraft was seen at Singapore Changi Airport last month when it was undergoing maintainance check .What I can say is the aircraft has attractive markings at the lower part of its fuselage.

[This message has been edited by muhdzailan (edited 25 February 2001).]

ETOPS MAN
26th Feb 2001, 00:10
Well spotted, but my understanding is FARNAIR only provide the Operations/Sales etc.
The Airbus ther have operate on contract for DHL.

Some one can correct me if I'm wrong.

Plan safe........