PDA

View Full Version : When Is The NeXt Intake For Srilankan Airlines Cadet Pilots

ab334
2nd Oct 2007, 07:16
IS IT TRUE THERE IS GOING TO BE A INTAKE IN NOVEMBER OR HAS IT BEEN DELAYED DUE TO THE 5 GUYS STILL UNDERGOING TRAINING???ANY INFO IS HIGLY APPRECIATED:ok:

newagebird
3rd Oct 2007, 10:53
a man on the outside says it has been delayed till march pending room in the next training course.
a man on the inside however says its still on,
my take on it is no1 really knows for sure atm, however theres more positive news coming out that negative so just play the waiting game.

cheers newagebird

ab334
3rd Oct 2007, 14:42
thanks mate for the info

coolguy
4th Oct 2007, 11:59
It will be on the 14th October Sunday Paper.....

newagebird
5th Oct 2007, 07:22
haha sick sick...hope thats genuine...good luck everyone

newagebird
13th Oct 2007, 05:01
well its official...the ad came out today...good luck

Suranga
17th Oct 2007, 18:33
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, the Ad is out finally. Good luck to everyone! :ok:

And "YES" it is the same "Suranga" that was the brunt of "UL501's" and "Airlanka's" crude comments at the last intake...... I sincerely hope the two of you come and say "Hi!" when you meet me at the interview or at the tech exam as I would love to meet you guys!

To the rest of you, I wish everyone the very best of luck and hope we all achieve what we have worked so very hard for!

Cheers guys.... :)

Suranga Marcs Samarasinghe.

sholva
22nd Oct 2007, 15:24
If my memory serves me correctly, I think UL501 was banned from this forum by the moderator "Sick Squid" (probably due to UL501's poor sense of spelling :}). The same fate probably applies to Airlanka. But chances are they are still on this forum under different usernames.

I hate to burst your bubble Suranga but I dont think either of those two will come and say hi to you :E (Mainly due to a condition called "Lack of Spine"). But I hope things work out for you this time.

Apart from that I must say things are awfully quiet on this forum. Especially considering the cadet pilot programme is officially underway. Maybe people are too busy studying this time instead of dishing it out on this website.

Either way, good luck to everyone who's applying this time. If anyone out there needs any info regarding the intake or anything relating to it, dont be afraid to ask as there are quite a few people out there who genuinely want to help.

Sholva

Suranga
22nd Oct 2007, 19:09
Yes but there is always wishfull thinking Sholva! :E

newagebird
23rd Oct 2007, 13:11
good to know theres people who do wanna help. I think one of biggest problems is trying to get your licenses converted to sri lankan licenses.

My question is this however:
if we submit our applications by the end of 24th november, when can we expect the intial interview and then the tech exam if all is ok?

what time is the tech exam usually held?

What subjects are most relevant to the tech exam?

cheers hope someone can help

Suranga
23rd Oct 2007, 15:16
Well I suppose interviews will be during the first week of December and the tech during the second week. Just a wild guess.

Basically I think the tech will have questions ranging from CAA, JAA and FAA. However if you do want to prepare well for the tech there is one gentleman who is willing to help you. He is quite well known here but if you do want any further details on contacting him PM me.

Good luck :ok:

sholva
8th Nov 2007, 15:55
My goodness...this thread has suddenly become very very quiet. Looks like people are too busy with other things these days.:suspect:

captslk
8th Nov 2007, 16:12
The silence is due to the higher management figuring how to cover things up. I was told even the big one in our department has got the jitters. Apparently running towards the government side saying I had nothing to do with what had happen the pass 9 years. Just did what I was told to.

As usual buttering both sides. Trying to survive on the hot seat which was his target and greed from day one. Interesting to see whats going to be the out come.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/071104/News/news00026.html

:oh:

newagebird
13th Nov 2007, 13:17
howz everyone going with their license conversions? any dramas...why is asian aerospace center at ratmalana/katu so busy??

rgds newagebird

gotafix 32
15th Nov 2007, 03:13
Its far better to get your conversion done at skyline aviation than aac. You will need to fly only 3 hours(one training flight) including the checkride.NO DELAYS OR DRAMA.

skyline telephone number:-0114210300:ok:

Good luck.

newagebird
26th Nov 2007, 07:22
any news yet on the initial interview? what date?

cheers newagebird

polaris79
24th May 2009, 22:42
Hey mate,
Im guessing from your orevious threads that you made it through the cadetship at UL a couple of years ago now!! How did it go?

cheers

wetdrops
25th May 2009, 01:46
The lack of adequate Instructors may delay this years intake. Keep in mind, the best we had left the Airline out of disgust. The ones who deserve the rating, are not even considered for the post. All goes well to those who are 'pally' with the top!