PDA

View Full Version : ME IR Revalidation.

Alicia.C
1st Oct 2007, 18:31
Hi everyone!

I need to get my ME IR revalidated within the next month or so. Because this is my first renewal, I'm pretty sure I can do it in a FNPT2. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I was going to ask, can someone recommend a suitable school, I may need a few hours of practice before too. And a Seneca FNPT2 would be ideal.

Thanks very much to everyone who replies!

Alicia.

Mercenary Pilot
1st Oct 2007, 18:36
Depends where you are in the country...Bristol Flying Centre have Seneca FNPTII's :)

Alicia.C
1st Oct 2007, 19:04
Thanks for reply. I'm in Nottingham, so anywhere in the midlands? Is there a list on CAA's website? Can't seem to see it in Lasors 2007 either.

Thanks!

Mercenary Pilot
1st Oct 2007, 20:54
Probably your best bet will be ether Wolverhampton Flight Centre at Wolverhampton Business Airport AKA Halfpenny Green, (I Believe they have a FNPTII configured as a Seneca) or there is also Multiflight at Leeds/Bradford but I'm not sure what thier sim is configured as. :ok:

IRRenewal
1st Oct 2007, 22:54
I need to get my ME IR revalidated within the next month or so. Because this is my first renewal,

Renewal or revalidation? LASORS Section E, page 6 details the requirements for both.

Alicia.C
12th Oct 2007, 18:20
IRRenewal, thanks for your reply. Sorry, I meant revalidation, not renewal. My IR hasn't yet expired, although my ME CPL has. I'm not 100% sure what this means but I know I don't need a valid CPL to begin a Type Rating, which I plan to do next year. But if I renew my ME IR only, what does that mean in practice - that I can only fly a single engine in IR conditions? I have a SE Class rating (those last 2 years).

Also I've read Subpart E of JAR-FCL, but don't quite understand the difference in training required if a ME IR was to lapse. Presumably if it does, then I can no longer do the revalidation on an FNPT2 (which surely would be cheaper), instead it would be a renewal on an aircraft, but would additional training be required before an ME IR renewal test?

And lastly, if the revalidation is done on a FNPT2, will the test be exactly the same as my inital IR, in other words, are any procedures skipped?

So many questions! Sorry! Maybe I should just phone the CAA, but if anyone can help, please do!

Alicia. x

neilia
13th Oct 2007, 22:57
Aeros at Gloucestershire have a Seneca FNPTII.

Are you sure your CPL has lapsed, rather than just your MEP? Assuming you're in the position where you finished your CPL/ME/IR a year ago, then your CPL is still valid, it's just your MEP and IR that are due for revalidation. Do an ME/IR reval in an FNPTII. This will give you a valid ME/IR, which is what you'll need to do a type rating. Your MEP will lapse, but it's unlikely you're going to need an MEP.

Come reval time next year, you have to do it in an aeroplane, and so you can get your MEP renewed at the same time.

If my assumption is wrong, then ignore and I'll get my coat...

moggiee
15th Oct 2007, 13:30
Alicia.C we can do it on our seneca FNPT2 - in order to avoid being accused of advertising, I'll PM details.

penaaz
16th Oct 2007, 14:28
Can someone verify that I can 'revalidate' my MEP/IR rating to ME/IR rating in FNPT2 everywhere in JAR country. And if it's possible where can I find this information? I don't even have any mention about ME/IR in my lisence, there only reads multi engine piston (MEP) rating..

My MEP/IR is valid at the moment.

Local TRTO said that it's not possible. They said that I have to fly ME aircraft (seneca) and first training flight because I havent been flying after my last MEP/IR check flight.

Linda Mollison
16th Oct 2007, 15:26
If your IR has not passed its expiry date you can revalidate it in an FNPT2 without having to renew your MEP (which you have to do in an aircraft).

If the only reason you are revalidating your IR is to keep it current whilst you look for an airline job, you do not need to renew your MEP.

If you plan to use the privileges of your IR in an MEP aircraft, you must also revalidate/renew your MEP in an aircraft, although you can still revalidate your IR in the FNPT2.

If your IR has passed its expiry date you must renew it in an aircraft.

If you are renewing your IR in an aircraft it is probably worthwhile renewing your MEP at the same time (in fact your FTO may insist on this).

If you have done no MEP/IR flying since your initial IRT it is unlikely that you will be able to revalidate/renew either your IR or your MEP without at least one training flight first.

Linda Mollison

JohnVel
31st Oct 2007, 18:03
Hi all,

I need to renew my IR (yes I'm afraid I've let it lapse) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced place with good availability to do it. Probably looking at at an hour or so practice first, in a sim if possible, and then the test itself.

Hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks, or better yet over a weekend if thats not to impossible!

Thanks for any responses

John