PDA

View Full Version : Mangal Airlines

Need to Know Basis
1st Oct 2007, 08:23
I am trying to find out some back ground info on a airline called Mangal Airlines. I can`t find any info apart from they are one off the appointed Nigerian carriers for the 2007 Hajj move. Is Mangal just a paper AOC or do they have acft ? Any info / opinions would be much appreciated.

Tks - Need to know Basis.

wannabe-aviator
1st Oct 2007, 09:49
If you google it, it will come up with the website that is stating the airline is coming soon, hope that helps.

WA:ok:

Need to Know Basis
1st Oct 2007, 10:13
Thanks - yes I had seen the under construction website. Just wandered if anybody had any knowledge of this Nigerian Airline ?

rodmur
1st Oct 2007, 13:20
http://www.mangalairlines.com/
but no info there

Flying Touareg
1st Oct 2007, 14:48
Just a paper AOC.

During the last hajj, their a/c developed a problem in Jeddah and as a result, other carriers had to help them out.

I know Mangal and Meridien are still looking for aircrafts to lease.

Need to Know Basis
1st Oct 2007, 15:51
Thanks FT - I thought same ref AOC. Thanks for update on last year`s Hajj. Interesting.

wannabe-aviator
2nd Oct 2007, 01:12
Hey FT

At the risk of sounding naive but how can an Airline simply be a paper AOC, it is my understanding that a company cannot apply for an AOC if they do not have an AC for the NCAA or any country's CAA to inspect the AC and so on.

So from what I understand is the Paper AOC is simply an assumption that a company will operate the said aircraft under the said conditions but only when the aircraft is available.

Any chance of explaining this concept if you mind doing so, many thanks.

WA:)

I.R.PIRATE
2nd Oct 2007, 07:07
In Africa - Anything is possible.:ok:

HavingSaidThat
2nd Oct 2007, 07:27
It might so be that everything is possible in Africa. But getting an AOC based on a dream and a web site is not possible, even in Africa :=. You will have to take your dream into reality and present a library of manuals :ooh: and an aircraft for inspection by the local CAA :ok:

wannabe-aviator
2nd Oct 2007, 08:03
HST

Thank god for sanity I thought I was going bonkers thinking that any jack and jones can have an AOC based on a peace paper, which scares me no end.

But I wish this outfit all the best as I hope they will be a safe airline for both employees and the flying public.

WA:ok:

michael.e
3rd Oct 2007, 06:05
AOC based on a dream and a web site is not possible, even in Africa

True it takes more than a dream and a website.

You need money. Everything is possible with money in Africa. Manuals are easy to get and some CAA inspectors will sell you a set that they ensure will be approved, as for the aircraft inspection that can be dealt with as well by talking to the CAA for exemptions to start operations using a wet lease aircraft and setting a future date (that always gets extended) to add an aircraft to the registry.

The good old days of west african AOC's were they appoint one of your company employees as a CAA inspector and send a set of CAA stamps by DHL are over but with contacts and money anything is still possible in Africa.

411A
6th Oct 2007, 02:12
During the last hajj, their a/c developed a problem in Jeddah and as a result, other carriers had to help them out.

Cannot speak for other airlines operating flights for Mangal, but the company I worked for had two aircraft supplied specifically to Mangal, and all flights were completed...more or less on time.