PDA

View Full Version : SITA Terminal Evaluation

fcit
8th Feb 2001, 23:10
Folks,
a friend of mine is interested in routing some of the SITA traffic thru a terminal programme (so we can save at least some trees on this planet).
Anybody has any recommendations for a suitable terminal evaluation (we are talking of a leased/dedicated line).
Display of the messages should be such that the whole message text appears instantly on the screen, whenever a message is received. Also, the display buffer should be scrollable (searchable) for strings (as e.g. flight number/tail).

I know that a couple of the SITA folks do monitor this group. Input very welcome...
Thanks
fcit

vipero
9th Feb 2001, 16:01
Dear Fcit,
no info about the program you ask...

what we apply, just for trees safety is:
for the old type-b sitatex4 u can save much paper disabling the automatic printout...

If u are using SitaWin, just print what u need (+or- the same above right?? :) )
Ciao
Paolo

BONDMAN
12th Feb 2001, 07:06
fcit, wud agree with vipero haven't heard of a program that you describe, we use SitaWin, just print what you need and view the rest on screen, sound card alerts you each time new message recieved.

Cheers Bondy :)

fcit
13th Feb 2001, 22:21
Thanks guys,
I have been using SITATEX. The problem there is, is that this specifci application should be used for incoming ACARS traffic.
Probleme there might be, is that these messages do not necessarily come with a header (i.e. Flight Number/Tail).
Anybody has any experience configuring a normal terminal emulation (like say Hyperterm for SITA? Would that work?).

Thanks
fcit