View Full Version : Left Qatar For Asia

CAPTANDPILOT
1st Oct 2007, 05:09
FOR THOSE INTERESTED, QATAR AIRWAYS WAS PROMESSING FOs THAT THEY WOULD UPGRADE AFTER 3 YEARS, NOT TRUE MANAGEMENT DECIDED NO UPGRADES, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO HIRE CAPTS FROMTHE OUTSIDE...ALSO SALARY IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE EVERYTHING HERE IN QATAR IT HAS TRIPLED IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS JUST TO GIVEYOU AN IDEA MORE THAN 100 PILOTS HAVE LEFT IN THE LAST 60 DAYS AND MOE ARE TO FOLLOW, MOST OF THEM ARE GOING TO ASIA AND INDIA WHERE SALARIES ARE HIGHER AND THE COST OF LIVING SO MUCH LOWER WITH A COMMUTING CONTRACT. AND UPGRADES IN LESS THAN A YEAR WITH THE HELP OF PARTNER AIRLINES TO GET THE PIC TIME...
ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM IN THE MIDDLE EAST SPECIALLY QATAR IS THE WIVES OF PILOTS AND THEIR KIDS ARE JUST LEAVING BY THE 100s EVERY MONTH...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AS CAPT TO GET A TYPE FROM THIS COMPANY IS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY MANY HAVE DONE IT ON THE 330 AND 340 NOW THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE CHINESE OR KOREAN AIRLINES... MAYBE QATAR AIRWAYS WILL SOME DAY BE ABLE TO COLLECT THE BOND FROM THESE PILOTS I THINK NOT...

SO FOs DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY BETTER OPPORTUNITIES ELSEWHERE AND CAPT STAY AWAY FROM THE HEAT OR YOUR FAMILY WILL....

Desert Diner
1st Oct 2007, 07:14
Are you sure it was "more than 100 pilots" in the last 60 days?

I hope people are not still comming out to the ME with the hopes of progresing their careers? Those days are long gone. Now days, expats are treated strictly as a comodity. You had better be happy with the package you are offered before comming out here, because chances are you may not see a better one after you come.

If you want a career stay home where ever that is.

Black Stain
1st Oct 2007, 08:28
Good luck to you and your family.

There is nothing here to value, I am sure you have made a good choice :O

loc22550
1st Oct 2007, 10:34
For sure..leaving Qatar airways is never a bad choice..but just a wise decision for the long term and for the benefit and the quality of your life.

left_to_first_class
1st Oct 2007, 10:53
QR = Don't go there.

A close friend of mine was offered a senior managers (grade 9) job at QR.
He went to negotiate his salary and got this agreed with the hiring general manager.
HR then come back and says sorry can't agree to your offer as it stands but will play around with the allowances so you get the same.
Allowances in question were discretionary will of the company and could change (such as additional help with housing). Friend told QR to take a running jump.

Also have to question the high turnover of staff QR has. Unfortunately many western expats come and go but those from other nations (such as India and Phillipines) stick it out as it pays well and just nod their head at AAB and his goons.