PDA

View Full Version : PAT - professional air training bournemouth

scallaghan
30th Sep 2007, 21:13
Hello

I am considering using either PAT or BCFT at Bournmouth, has anyone been through PAT and can provide any feedback?

Talking to a few people around for advise, their seems to be differing opinions between the different commercial flight training companies at Bournmouth. e.g. BCFT and PAT.

Any information would be great :)

geoffbuck
1st Oct 2007, 08:48
I finished my IR training with PAT at the end of 2004 and they were excellent.

The school was friendly, they accommodated me at short notice when I was short of time, and most importantly the standard of instruction I received was first class. My instructor was amiable, thorough and diligent, he totally revised my cockpit management and made the whole experience a logical and enjoyable procedure.

I reccommend them wholeheartedly - a great school....:ok:

Wee Weasley Welshman
1st Oct 2007, 15:10
They were excellent for me in 1999!

I've never heard of either school being moaned about here so both would fall into the category of a safe bet.

Baron buzz
1st Oct 2007, 15:18
Did my IR training at PAT just over 3 years ago, and then, they were excellent. Can not reccommend them highly enough. Infact, the whole training experience was the most enjoyable, and well taught part of the whole CPL/IR experience.

That was 3 years ago mind, but a quick check of the website reveals most of the same people are still there.

wbryce
1st Oct 2007, 16:32
I'm due to start my CPL/IR with them in December. From my studies, I couldn't find one bad word against them.

The Otter's Pocket
1st Oct 2007, 16:47
I did my IR with PAT this summer. Their record is very good for 1st time passes. Indeed I got one.

The instructors are top rate, you will defo land on your feet with Andrew or Twinkle. Flying for Fun who writes on the instructors forum, is there and is very patient and understanding although he has a poor idea of what constitutes a coat of paint on a car!

The a/c they use are Beech Barons and are very easy to fly. Proper work-horses, they do what they should and nothing hidden.

The school has a good reputation with the CAA down there.

The new building is a credit, with (free wireless internet access). In addition the mutt will hoover the floor for you.
The FNPT II sim is top dog and great fun, especially trying to barrell roll when the instructor is explaining something to another student!

If you play golf in the evenings then Basil is your man and finally, last but not least, MoneyPenny will attend to your every need and book the slots etc for you.

So all you have to do is concentrate on those single engine NDB approaches at Alderney, with no DME...

I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Regards

maxalphaboy
1st Oct 2007, 20:16
I started my ME CPL/IR with PAT in June this year, I cant say enough good things about them. I only just finished on the phone with my friend today and he was asking for my opinion too.

I finished at the school Last week after obtaining a first time pass on my IR. The level of instruction is fantastic and the support that is given from all staff mambers is fantastic.

The way I see it, its as simple as this.

If you want to go to a school where you will get first class training, and first time pass marks, then dont mess about with anybody else go straight to PAT.

The other schools may be well known but after talking to many students they are well known for all the wrong reasons. At PAT you wont find flashy brochures and flashy students all like lemmings in the same Uniform. This is largely due to the fact that your money is spent on your course and not on the schools marketing campaign!

The CPL/IR is the most important decision to make at this stage in your career, dont risk it on other schools.

Good Luck

MAB

Linda Mollison
2nd Oct 2007, 07:33
Otters Pocket

Thanks for all the nice things you said about us but:

Didn't you fly the Beech Duchess- not the Beech Baron?

We could charge you Beech Baron rates if you like!

Linda

The Otter's Pocket
2nd Oct 2007, 07:47
Andrew said it was a Baron...Blame him.
:}

JB007
2nd Oct 2007, 09:45
Had a great time with PAT doing my IR - would and have recommened them to anyone!

:ok:

G SXTY
2nd Oct 2007, 12:39
Can also highly recommend PAT from personal experience.

Random75
2nd Oct 2007, 14:14
I was there at the end of 2003. I agree with all the above posts. Superb school, great instructors and happy memories. You would be doing yourself a favour going there!

Baron buzz
2nd Oct 2007, 14:43
Doesn't it speak volumes that when asked the question am considering using either PAT or BCFT at Bournmouth, has anyone been through PAT and can provide any feedback?
that no one so far has provided anything on BCFT! And, whats more, is that EVERYONE has had extremely good things to say as regards PAT.

I personally wasn't bothered where I did most of my training but the IR was important to me. I wanted a really good school, with good, solid training for a reasonable cost. I got all that easily at PAT. I also got alot of service from everyone there, and people always went out of their way to help me. Linda especially when it came to looking at my CV, and helping me with the CAA forms!:ugh:

I now fly the 757 (previously the Dash 8) and still continue to recommend PAT for their professionalism, and sheer excellent value for money. First time passes are important - you should put yourself in the best possible position to try and obtain one.:)

Tiny Tango
3rd Oct 2007, 11:13
Hi Scallaghan,

I finished my training with PAT two weeks ago and I had a great time!

They are a fantastic group of people that offer a very friendly and personal service. The quality of instruction is first class and it is backed up with more than helpful ops and admin. The experience as a whole actually exceeded my expectations (and my expectations before starting were already quite high after getting a glowing personal recommendation from a good friend).

I would highly recommend PAT as I haven't regretted choosing them for a second.

Good luck with your training!

TT

phillpot
3rd Oct 2007, 13:22
I will fill the BCFT void I have been there since Jan when I started the full time groundschool passed all 14 first time with a 93% average, then moved on with flying got through my cpl in just over 4 weeks and am currently half way through my mutli IR.
I cannot recommend the school enough all the instructors both ground and flying very approachable and most are current or ex airline pilots you should definately make time to give Dena a call and arrange a visit to see the first rate facilities for yourself.

7E7Flyer
3rd Oct 2007, 13:36
I'll echo everything that's being said here about PAT. I used them for an ICAO conversion, they were spot on and honest with all information they gave me, especially the price tags :}

Great outfit, everbody is very fair and helpful.

Sky Wave
3rd Oct 2007, 20:41
Ditto

Can't fault PAT.

Take a look at these threads for previous comments:-

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233912

SW

Benny71
5th Oct 2007, 03:44
I had the pleasure of meeting Linda and Anthony Mollison from PAT in March this year and am definitely planning to use them when I'm ready to start my conversion. It was probably naive of me, but after meeting them I didn't bother checking out any other schools as I was completely confident that they would see me right in a professional, friendly and best of all, down-to-earth environment.

Linda was completely upfront regarding costs and laid it all out without trying to sweep any of it under the carpet.