PDA

View Full Version : More Media Hype!!! - "Drama" for Pax

zulu_kilo
30th Sep 2007, 19:58
Drama for Passengers!!
Passengers flying from Auckland to Sydney faced mid-air drama when their plane developed a mechanical problem with one of its wings and was forced to turn back.
:}
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=113&objectid=10466954
:}

Arctaurus
30th Sep 2007, 20:21
Those pesky wings again............................

Forever giving bloody trouble.:ugh:

Ron & Edna Johns
30th Sep 2007, 20:38
Oh, I dunno, I think the article's not too bad. For about the first time EVER I see the media recognizes there's more than one pilot on an airliner!

HardCorePawn
30th Sep 2007, 21:09
and they also resisted to urge to quote 'Joe Sixpack' who happened to be in seat 36K as some sort of aviation expert (just because he's a frequent flyer)

A good example of this was my in-laws who were trying to explain it to me after having seen the story on the evening news...

I managed to decode 'the wing was all broken' (they were making gestures that would have indicated the wing was bent like and upside down corsair) as 'possible issue with asymetric flaps'...

Jabawocky
30th Sep 2007, 21:18
"The plane took off and after 30 minutes of flying, the plane decided to land again,"

Gee we should be all grateful Airbus make supe smart aircraft........Pilots are clearly not capapble of making a decission like that.....:}

J:E

Launchpad McQuack
1st Oct 2007, 03:14
Passengers flying from Auckland to Sydney faced mid-air drama

Ok, fair enough. But wait...

although passengers said there was little sign the plane had a mechanical problem.

So...where was the drama? Was there any panic or screaming?? Pax fainting in the isles?? Hellooooooooo.....

LP :ugh:

SmokingHole
1st Oct 2007, 06:52
I like how the paper won the Qantarse best news website 2007, the competition must have been fierce!:ouch:

Wouldn't be the first 'bird' with uneven flaps trying to make it from NZ-AU:E

THE IRON MAIDEN
1st Oct 2007, 10:06
Passengers were given little information at the time, but as a regular user of Aerolineas Argentinas she had learned to expect "anything".

GOLD ! ! ! !