PDA

View Full Version : Confusion over Ryanair MCC

The Otter's Pocket
30th Sep 2007, 18:51
Confusion over Ryanair MCC
I am currently looking around at locations to complete an MCC course in November or December.
One of the routes I am thinking of taking is to do a course at one of the schools approved by Ryanair.
(Please don’t start a thread drift on terms and conditions and SSTR – I already have that in mind). This is a fall back position.
On the Ryanair website they have two schools that they recommend. These are
http://www.bfsaa.se/site.php?menuID=2&blockID=2&siteID=1
and
http://www.cae.com/cts/RyanairProgMCC.shtml

However in Flight International, Randhem Aviation states that they are one of the schools approved by Ryanair for the MCC and future selection to the Ryanair TR course.
Also Parc are saying the same, I am aware of a chap that has completed his MCC and then been selected for the TR.
I am unsure who to believe at this time. I have no bias towards any school and will have to travel outside of the UK.
Does anybody have any experience of the schools or can recommend one.
Thanks

skyflyer737
1st Oct 2007, 14:13
I didn't do my MCC with CAE in Amsterdam, but I did my RYR type rating there and they were pretty good. On my TR course were several people who did their MCC there and they also said it was very good, although quite expensive.

Good luck.

Willing to sell soul
1st Oct 2007, 16:08
Otters Pocket,

I too did my TR for RYR at CAE Amsterdam, but did not do a Ryanair approved MCC course. Again, there were a number of guys on my course who did their MCC with either Parc or CAE and said that the last session of their MCC was in fact treated as the Ryanair assessment. If successful then you just need to attend the interview at Ryanair's East Midlands training facility, no further sim assessment is required.

Although I don't have first hand experience of either of these MCC courses, if you do go for Ryanair, then having already completed the MCC with their SOP's will definately help you with the type rating itself. Ryanair are very, very hot on SOP's....I can vouch for that! :ok:

Bets of luck!

WTSS

AceOfHearts
2nd Feb 2009, 18:13
I understand the MCC will act as an assesment, but is there an assessment to get into the MCC course itself?

Will appreciate any responses.

clear prop!!!
2nd Feb 2009, 21:11
No.. if you have a CPL and a MIR and a cheque that does not bounce... then ...you are good to go!

AceOfHearts
5th Feb 2009, 08:58
lol, thanks.